Artsakh Not As a Conflict Zone But a State: the International Bloggers’ Forum Is Over
From March 19 to 21 in the capital city of Artsakh Republic (Nagorno-Karabakh Republic), Stepanakert, the International Bloggers’ Forum took place. 30 bloggers from 11 different countries participated in the forum. To summarize the results of the event, "Armedia" IAA talked to the forum participants.
The Speaker of the forum, the director of "Ashkhar" Center for Strategic Research, Hrachya Arzumnayan, referring to the importance of the meeting noted:
"Very often there is a need of not only political, diplomatic estimations but also of non-official ones, which are heard during such events. In addition, foreign participants, visiting Artsakh, get an opportunity to get acquainted with the reality there then to share their impressions with their colleagues abroad."
The expert of the Armenian Institute of International and Security Affairs, forum participant Gevorg Melikyan noted that the event gave the opportunity to the participants not to view Artsakh as a conflict zone but a state by personally getting acquainted with the situation on the ground.
Refereeing to the importance of the forum, Gevorg Melikyan underlined four main points.
"The event, first of all, is important by the fact that it gives opportunity to foreign journalists to personally get acquainted with Artsakh Republic. The ongoing Karabakh conflict makes many people believe that in Artsakh there are only ruins, the people are hungry. Thus, this is an opportunity for foreign guests to see the achievements of Artsakh during those years were. Second, each blogger has a network of its followers that also gives an opportunity to become informed about Artsakh. Third, if we consider the political context, then we are to state that after the Lapshin’s case, there was a concern that those people, who are in the Azerbaijani black least, will avoid visiting Artsakh. However, such kind of events prove that the opposite. And finally, forth, such events are tools to urge the international community to make a pressure on Azerbaijan not to hinder free movements of journalists and bloggers."
To add, the initiators of the event were the Artsakh Union of Journalist and "Artsakhakertum" NGO.
- No Incidents Has Been Maintained Along The Armenian-Azerbaijani Line Of Contact A stable operational situation with no incidents has been maintained along the Armenian-Azerbaijani line of contact of the Armenian state border overnight January 24-25, the Defense Ministry of Armenia...
- More Bodies Found in Battle Zones as Search Operations Continue, Says Artsakh So far, a total of 1283 bodies have been found in the battle zones as a result of the search operations. 15 of them are civilians who either have been murdered or killed in shelling.
- Armenia Ombudsman Presents Additional Evidence of Armenophobia in Azerbaijan The main issue here is that the same words are used in the mentioned publications as the Azerbaijani authorities and cultural figures. Moreover, both Azerbaijani and Turkish sources are in these publications.
- Bodies of 30 Armenian Servicemen Returned by Azerbaijani Side Unrecognizable The bodies are unrecognizable. Forensic medicine expert examination has been designated to identify them.
- Artsakh's Foreign Ministry Welcomes European Parliament's Position on NK Conflict We welcome the European Parliament's support for the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairmen for a comprehensive settlement of the conflict founded on the Basic Principles proposed by the international...
- Arayik Harutyunyan Visited Festive Event On The Occasion Of The Artsakh Republic Proclamation On 8 September Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan visited the town of Shoushi and partook in the festive event organized by the "Azat Hayreniq" party on the occasion of the Artsakh Republic...
- One New Case Of The Coronavirus Has Been Registered In Artsakh The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Artsakh informed that one new case of the coronavirus has been registered in Artsakh, but seven more persons have recovered, Information Headquarters reported.
- Artsakh President Awards The Authers Of The Stepanakert Aater Supply System Project The President of Artsakh Republic Arayik Haroutyunyan on Monday received a group of construction engineers and persons in charge on the eve of Artsakh Republic Day
- President of Artsakh Handed in Awards to a Group of Construction Sphere Representatives For the contribution to the sphere and in connection with the professional holiday the republic's President handed in awards and valuable gifts to a group of Artsakh Republic Municipal Engineering Ministry...
- President of Artsakh Signed a Decree On 21 July President Arayik Harutyunyan signed a decree on appointing Armen Sargsyan advisor to the Artsakh Republic President on education, science, culture, youth and sports.
- Council of the French Department of Bouches-du-Rhône adopted a Declaration in support of Artsakh The Bouches-du-Rhône Department also decided to participate in the provision of assistance to Artsakh by providing 50,000 euros in humanitarian aid through the Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations...
- President of Artsakh Met a Group of Members of the Belgian Francophone Circles The Head of the State noted with satisfaction that Artsakh's relations with the Francophone community and structures of Belgium are developing dynamically voicing hope that they will further on strengthen...
- The Working Visit of Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian to the USA has Started The Foreign Minister answered the questions of the participants of the meeting.
- The Statements of the Foreign Ministries of Georgia and Ukraine Constitute an Interference in the Internal Affairs of the Artsakh Republic. Artsakh MFA Statements by the Foreign Ministries of Georgia and Ukraine also contain provisions that distort the essence of the Azerbaijani-Karabakh conflict with the aim to reduce it to a territorial dispute and...
- "Artsakh-France" Friendship Circle Meeting Issues related to the future programs of the friendship circle and the prospects for cooperation have been discussed.
Gunshots Fired at St. Sahag and St. Mesrob Armenian Cultural Center in Marseille
Biden Reverses Trump's Transgender Military Ban
30 Tons Humanitarian Aid Arrives in Armenia from Germany
Armenian Embassy in Georgia Released A Statement On Accident With Armenian Trucks
Levon Ter-Petrosyan Hosted In His House Ambassador of Russia
No Incidents Has Been Maintained Along The Armenian-Azerbaijani Line Of Contact
The Ombudsman Of Armenia Released A Guide For Persons Displaced From Nagorno-Karabakh
The Issue of Repatriation of Armenian POWs Not Included in Agenda of PACE Session
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Biden Speaks with Macron, Agrees to Coordinate on Iran Nuclear Deal
Four Players and President of Brazilian Club Palmas Killed in Plane Crash
Trump Adviser Claims Former President has no Plans for Third Political Party
Israel Decides to Ban Passenger Flights to Curb COVID-19 Spread
Armenia Records 166094 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
More Bodies Found in Battle Zones as Search Operations Continue, Says Artsakh
Armenia Ombudsman Presents Additional Evidence of Armenophobia in Azerbaijan
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Bodies of 30 Armenian Servicemen Returned by Azerbaijani Side Unrecognizable
Armenia Records 166036 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 4 km/h