Artsakh Not As a Conflict Zone But a State: the International Bloggers’ Forum Is Over
From March 19 to 21 in the capital city of Artsakh Republic (Nagorno-Karabakh Republic), Stepanakert, the International Bloggers’ Forum took place. 30 bloggers from 11 different countries participated in the forum. To summarize the results of the event, "Armedia" IAA talked to the forum participants.
The Speaker of the forum, the director of "Ashkhar" Center for Strategic Research, Hrachya Arzumnayan, referring to the importance of the meeting noted:
"Very often there is a need of not only political, diplomatic estimations but also of non-official ones, which are heard during such events. In addition, foreign participants, visiting Artsakh, get an opportunity to get acquainted with the reality there then to share their impressions with their colleagues abroad."
The expert of the Armenian Institute of International and Security Affairs, forum participant Gevorg Melikyan noted that the event gave the opportunity to the participants not to view Artsakh as a conflict zone but a state by personally getting acquainted with the situation on the ground.
Refereeing to the importance of the forum, Gevorg Melikyan underlined four main points.
"The event, first of all, is important by the fact that it gives opportunity to foreign journalists to personally get acquainted with Artsakh Republic. The ongoing Karabakh conflict makes many people believe that in Artsakh there are only ruins, the people are hungry. Thus, this is an opportunity for foreign guests to see the achievements of Artsakh during those years were. Second, each blogger has a network of its followers that also gives an opportunity to become informed about Artsakh. Third, if we consider the political context, then we are to state that after the Lapshin’s case, there was a concern that those people, who are in the Azerbaijani black least, will avoid visiting Artsakh. However, such kind of events prove that the opposite. And finally, forth, such events are tools to urge the international community to make a pressure on Azerbaijan not to hinder free movements of journalists and bloggers."
To add, the initiators of the event were the Artsakh Union of Journalist and "Artsakhakertum" NGO.
- Discussion with Azerbaijan’s Aliyev in Munich is Turning Point: Nikol Pashinyan In addition, he said, a very important thing happened as a result of that meeting; "A new content of the negotiations on the Karabakh issue is being formulated, which I conventionally call the Munich Principles."
- Nikol Pashinyan Attends Panel Discussion on the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict on the Sidelines of the Munich Security Conference Before the panel discussion, Prime Minister Pashinyan had a brief interview with the President of Azerbaijan.
- Pashinyan, Aliyev to Attend Discussion on NK Konflict in Munich The discussion will take place on February 15, from 17:30 to 18:15 local time (20:30-21:15 Yerevan time).
- We do Not Ract to Unknown Users' 'Deleted Tweets': Foreign Ministry Spokesperson (Tert.am) As for the second part of your question, Mr Kasprzyk visits all the three parties to the conflict.
- The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan The false and empty claims of Azerbaijan pretending that representatives of Nagorno-Karabakh have been elected in those elections vividly illustrate Azerbaijan's distorted perception of democracy.
- President of Artsakh Convened a Working Consultation in the Martouni Regional Center Minister of State Grigory Martirosyan and other officials were present at the consultation.
- President of Artsakh Attends Meeting of Defense Army’s Military Council The President highlighted that the Defense Army had always been and would remain the main guarantee of the independence, security and natural development of the Artsakh Republic expressing his confidence...
- President of Artsakh Partook at a Solemn Event Devoted to the Day of the Judicial System Worker President Sahakyan underlined that a fully functioning and professional judicial system complying with the letter and spirit of the law is of utmost importance for the establishment of democratic state,...
- President of Artsakh Attends Opening Ceremony of New Building of Kashatagh Regional Medical Center Minister of state Grigory Martirosyan and other officials partook at the event.
- President of Artsakh Convoked a Working Consultation around a Number of Issues on the Activities of Transport Police State Minister Grigory Martirosyan and other officials partook at the consultation.
- President of Artsakh Met a Group of Members of the Belgian Francophone Circles The Head of the State noted with satisfaction that Artsakh's relations with the Francophone community and structures of Belgium are developing dynamically voicing hope that they will further on strengthen...
- The Working Visit of Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian to the USA has Started The Foreign Minister answered the questions of the participants of the meeting.
- The Statements of the Foreign Ministries of Georgia and Ukraine Constitute an Interference in the Internal Affairs of the Artsakh Republic. Artsakh MFA Statements by the Foreign Ministries of Georgia and Ukraine also contain provisions that distort the essence of the Azerbaijani-Karabakh conflict with the aim to reduce it to a territorial dispute and...
- "Artsakh-France" Friendship Circle Meeting Issues related to the future programs of the friendship circle and the prospects for cooperation have been discussed.
- President of Artsakh Met with a Group of Deputies of the Bulgarian Parliament President Sahakyan noted with satisfaction that the visits of Bulgarian parliamentarians to Artsakh were of a periodic nature expressing hope that cooperation would further expand and deepen.
David Yurchenko to Play for Armenian National Team
Armenia’s DM Instructs Strengthening Discipline and Growth of Quality of Operative-Intelligence Works at Military Police
Mher Grigoryan Attending The Meeting of The Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission
ANCA Calls on US to Match Armenia and Azerbaijan Military Assistance
Putin, Macron and Merkel Call for Resuming Political Dialogue on Libya: Kremlin
Iran Confirmed 13 More New Coronavirus Cases
Iran's President Casts His Vote in Legislative Elections
Miroslav Lajcak Pay An Official Visit To Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Armen Sarkissian Sent a Letter of Condolences on the Demise of the Renowned Conductor Yuri Davtian
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Leaders of EU Members Call for Ceasing Hostilities in Syria's Idlib
Iran Parliamentary Election Kicks Off
Igor Grigoryan Conferred the Rank of the Third Degree Justice State Adviser
President of Artsakh Receives Ombudsman of Armenia
Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers
Discussion with Azerbaijan’s Aliyev in Munich is Turning Point: Nikol Pashinyan
Criminal Sub-Culture Must be Eradicated in the Army: Armenia’s PM
Kardashian Family Had Dinner at Armenian Carousel Restaurant
Armenia is World’s Third Most Militarized County, Report Shows
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
Wind: 5 km/h