Artsakh Not As a Conflict Zone But a State: the International Bloggers’ Forum Is Over
From March 19 to 21 in the capital city of Artsakh Republic (Nagorno-Karabakh Republic), Stepanakert, the International Bloggers’ Forum took place. 30 bloggers from 11 different countries participated in the forum. To summarize the results of the event, "Armedia" IAA talked to the forum participants.
The Speaker of the forum, the director of "Ashkhar" Center for Strategic Research, Hrachya Arzumnayan, referring to the importance of the meeting noted:
"Very often there is a need of not only political, diplomatic estimations but also of non-official ones, which are heard during such events. In addition, foreign participants, visiting Artsakh, get an opportunity to get acquainted with the reality there then to share their impressions with their colleagues abroad."
The expert of the Armenian Institute of International and Security Affairs, forum participant Gevorg Melikyan noted that the event gave the opportunity to the participants not to view Artsakh as a conflict zone but a state by personally getting acquainted with the situation on the ground.
Refereeing to the importance of the forum, Gevorg Melikyan underlined four main points.
"The event, first of all, is important by the fact that it gives opportunity to foreign journalists to personally get acquainted with Artsakh Republic. The ongoing Karabakh conflict makes many people believe that in Artsakh there are only ruins, the people are hungry. Thus, this is an opportunity for foreign guests to see the achievements of Artsakh during those years were. Second, each blogger has a network of its followers that also gives an opportunity to become informed about Artsakh. Third, if we consider the political context, then we are to state that after the Lapshin’s case, there was a concern that those people, who are in the Azerbaijani black least, will avoid visiting Artsakh. However, such kind of events prove that the opposite. And finally, forth, such events are tools to urge the international community to make a pressure on Azerbaijan not to hinder free movements of journalists and bloggers."
To add, the initiators of the event were the Artsakh Union of Journalist and "Artsakhakertum" NGO.
- Berdzor Residents Receive Security Guarantees and Stop Evacuation “Without elaborating, I can say that agreements were changed, we’ve received security guarantees. Under my direct responsibility we stopped evacuation in these settlements and we will remain in place,”...
- Defense Army Publishes List of 34 Deceased Servicemen The Defense Army of Artsakh published list of 34 servicemen killed while defending homeland. By now Armenian side published names of 1,712 servicemen killed during the war.
- Artsakh's Charektar and Aknaberd Villages to Remain Under Armenian Party's Control “The residents of Charektar have mainly taken their items and burned their homes, and nobody knows if they will return or if a military base will be deployed in the village,” the village head told...
- Kremlin Does not Comment on Erdogan's Words on Expanding Ceasefire Efforts on Karabakh “The modalities of joint work along the lines of the joint monitoring center" were also at the focus, Peskov added.
- Prime Minister: The Joint Statement Provides for the Return to Their Homes for People living in the Regions of Nagorno-Karabakh Nikol Pashinyan gave an interview to the Russian TASS news agency. Below is the full transcript of the Prime Minister’s interview:
- Arayik Harutyunyan Visited Festive Event On The Occasion Of The Artsakh Republic Proclamation On 8 September Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan visited the town of Shoushi and partook in the festive event organized by the "Azat Hayreniq" party on the occasion of the Artsakh Republic...
- One New Case Of The Coronavirus Has Been Registered In Artsakh The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Artsakh informed that one new case of the coronavirus has been registered in Artsakh, but seven more persons have recovered, Information Headquarters reported.
- Artsakh President Awards The Authers Of The Stepanakert Aater Supply System Project The President of Artsakh Republic Arayik Haroutyunyan on Monday received a group of construction engineers and persons in charge on the eve of Artsakh Republic Day
- President of Artsakh Handed in Awards to a Group of Construction Sphere Representatives For the contribution to the sphere and in connection with the professional holiday the republic's President handed in awards and valuable gifts to a group of Artsakh Republic Municipal Engineering Ministry...
- President of Artsakh Signed a Decree On 21 July President Arayik Harutyunyan signed a decree on appointing Armen Sargsyan advisor to the Artsakh Republic President on education, science, culture, youth and sports.
- Council of the French Department of Bouches-du-Rhône adopted a Declaration in support of Artsakh The Bouches-du-Rhône Department also decided to participate in the provision of assistance to Artsakh by providing 50,000 euros in humanitarian aid through the Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations...
- President of Artsakh Met a Group of Members of the Belgian Francophone Circles The Head of the State noted with satisfaction that Artsakh's relations with the Francophone community and structures of Belgium are developing dynamically voicing hope that they will further on strengthen...
- The Working Visit of Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian to the USA has Started The Foreign Minister answered the questions of the participants of the meeting.
- The Statements of the Foreign Ministries of Georgia and Ukraine Constitute an Interference in the Internal Affairs of the Artsakh Republic. Artsakh MFA Statements by the Foreign Ministries of Georgia and Ukraine also contain provisions that distort the essence of the Azerbaijani-Karabakh conflict with the aim to reduce it to a territorial dispute and...
- "Artsakh-France" Friendship Circle Meeting Issues related to the future programs of the friendship circle and the prospects for cooperation have been discussed.
Syunik Governor Hunan Poghosyan Resigns
Artsakh President: Over 600 Bodies Retrieved from Conflict Zone
Ameriabank Successfully Placed Its First Ever Green Bond
Prime Minister Holds Meeting with Judiciary
President Sarkissian Sends a Letter to Putin
Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Coronavirus Pandemic Unlikely to End Soon, WHO Official Says
Lt. General Jalal Harutyunyan Recovers Normally, to Be Discharged from Hospital Soon
France Wins 18th Junior Eurovision Song Contest
More Than 55,000 Residents of Artsakh Already Back Home – Government Says
Armenia Records 135124 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Kim Kardashian on New Initiative for Children of Artsakh
Masis Mayilian Met with Minister of Defence of the Republic of Armenia
1,174 New Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed in Armenia
Russian Military Doctors Arrive in Karabakh to Help Civilians
Armenia: Drivers are Recommended to Drive Exclusively on Winter Tires
President Armen Sarkissian Left on a Private Visit to the Russian Federation
We Have Always Felt the Support of Friendly France - PM Receives French Humanitarian Mission Delegation
4 Azeri Family-Members Killed in Fizuli Landmine Blast
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Aurora Humanitarian Aid Projects for Artsakh Announced
Ara Ayvazyan Appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia
Wind: 4 km/h