Armenia and Russia Signed a Joint Statement
On September 29, the Delegation of the RA NA Standing Committee on Foreign Relations and the RF FA Federal Council Committee on International Affairs respectively led by the Chairmen of the Committees Armen Ashotyan and Konstantin Kosachev held a joint sitting in the Capital of the Russian Federation Moscow, the press service of the RA NA informs.
As a result of the sitting, the Chairmen of the partner Committees of the two parliaments signed a joint statement, by which the mechanisms of the inter-parliamentary cooperation formed during the 25th anniversary of the Russian-Armenian diplomatic relations is highly assessed within the framework of the political dialogue existing between Russia and Armenia.
By the signed joint statement the parties express their satisfaction with the friendly relations existing between the two states and continuous development and strengthening of cooperation.
Regarding the international political agenda the parties underlined the availability of the approximate or coinciding positions particularly over the issues, which relate to the problems of the formation of the world order based on the strengthening of multi-polarity and international institutes, principles and norms of universal recognition of the international law.
Both sides also touched upon the problems of regional security. In this context the parties expressed their support to the joint efforts within the CSTO framework aimed at the stability and provision of peaceful development in the South Caucasus. The parties also reaffirmed their commitment of seeking peaceful and mutually acceptable solutions in the settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict based on the principles existing in the joint statements of the Chairmen of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair countries.
Touching upon the perspectives of economic cooperation within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union, the parties underlined the successes recorded in the trade-economic cooperation.
The parties also highlighted the necessity of the deepening and development of the mutual economic integration for reaching the goals and solving the problems of the effective and competitive unit, the Eurasian Economic Union.
Referring to the problems of the inter-parliamentary cooperation, the parties emphasized the cooperation within the frameworks of the CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly, the CSTO PA, the OSCE PA, and expressed readiness to coordinate the actions on the inter-parliamentary platforms for more effective cooperation.
As an inseparable element of the foreign policy the parties also greatly highlighted the role and significance of the parliamentary diplomacy, underlined the practice of holding joint sittings, observing them as an opportunity for giving impetus to the development of the national legislation and harmonizing the processes, and the improvement of the legal practice.
The parties reached an agreement to hold the next joint sitting in Yerevan in the first half of 2018.
- Situation in Kazakhstan Stabilized, CSTO Chief Assures "Today, thanks to the joint and coordinated actions of the CSTO peacekeepers, the armed forces and law enforcement officers of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the situation in the country has stabilized. During...
- CSTO Countries’ Defense Ministers Discuss Mechanisms for Responding Quickly to Emerging Threats As a result of the session, a joint decision of the CSTO Council of Ministers of Defense was signed to organize the return of military contingent of the CSTO member states from Kazakhstan to its permanent...
- Damage to Business from Riots in Kazakhstan Surpasses $213 mln "As of 09:00 (06:00 Moscow time) on January 10, the total amount of damage was, according to rough estimates, more than 93.7 bln tenge. In Almaty - 92.2 bln tenge (over $209 mln)," the statement said.
- CSTO Secretary General Discuss Kazakhstan Situation with Armenian PM On January 6, 2022, CSTO Secretary General Stanislav Zas had a telephone conversation with the Chairman of the Collective Security Council, Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan, the...
- Armenia Ratifying EEU Agreement on Exchange of Confidential Financial Information According to him, the purpose of this agreement is to coordinate and expand the exchange of information between the financial market regulators of the EEU member countries.
- PM Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Vladimir Putin and Dmitry Medvedev on Russia’s State Holiday This festive day marks tangible achievements in Russia’s political and socio-economic life, an even greater strengthening of its role and authority in the international arena.
- INSIGHT From Yerevan: Armenian-Russian Relationships “Insight from Yerevan: Planet” hosts political commentator Hayk Khalatyan to discuss Armenian-Russian relationships.
- Putin and Pashinyan to Meet in Kazakhstan on May 29 Russian President Vladimir Putin and Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan will hold a bilateral meeting "on the sidelines" of the EEU High Council, which will be held in Kazakhstan on May 29, Federation...
- Lavrov: Armenia and Russia Prepare Document Guaranteeing Absence of Foreign Military and Transparency of Biolabs Armenia and Russia are process a document guaranteeing the more transparent work of biological laboratories in Armenia in terms of guaranteeing the absence of any threats and risks, Russian foreign minister...
- I Consider Russia’s Position on the Issue Highly Constructive - Pashinyan Russia’s position in the issue of appointment of CSTO secretary general is highly constructive. RA acting PM Nikol Pashinyan stated at a press conference today on November 20.
Delimitation of Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Will Help Exclude Armed Clashes: Bordyuzha
PM Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to the Newly Elected Prime Minister of North Macedonia
Armenia Records 353731 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Foreign Minister Ararat Mirzoyan Will Leave for Luxembourg
Serzh Sargsyan turned to mediators to restore point on holding a referendum: Pashinyan
PM Pashinyan Answers Questions of Media and NGO Representatives
There are Closed Roadways in Armenia
Armenia Is Ready for Peace Treaty Talks with Azerbaijan: Pashinyan
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
The Armenian Government Will Provide Budget Assistance of About 144 Billion AMD to Artsakh in 2022 - Nikol Pashinyan
Armenian Minister of Justice Holds Meeting with Ambassador of Belarus
Kristinne Grigoryan Passes Confirmation Vote to Become Next Human Rights Defender of Armenia
Vardan Toghanyan Completes Mission as Armenia’s Ambassador to Russia
Armenia's Ex-Defense Minister Denied Bail
US Orders Families of Embassy Staff to Leave Ukraine
Armenia Records 352399 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President Sarkissian Entitled to Retract Resignation Within one Week
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
Armenian President Steps Down
Entry of New Eastern European Countries into the Alliance Is Not on the Agenda: German Chancellor
The Prime Minister Awards the 10 Best Athletes of the Year
Turkey Announces One of Its Preconditions for Normalization of Relations with Armenia
Zakharova Speaks about First Meeting in Moscow of Armenia, Azerbaijan Elites after Karabakh War
Armenian Aviation Regulator Grants Permit to Flyone Armenia to Operate Yerevan-Istanbul Flights
The Process of Armenian-Turkish Normalisation Dangerous, Does Not Consider Armenia's Interests - Artur Vanetsyan
Artsakh Defense Army Denies Shooting at Employees of Azerbaijani Company
Whole World Will Benefit from Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations: Dmitry Polyanskiy
Artsakh Republic President Received Staff Members of Schools of Hadrout and Shoushi
3rd President Sargsyan Pays Tribute to Armenians who Sacrificed Their Lives for the Homeland (PHOTOS)
Armenia Records 344930 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases