Armenia and Russia Signed a Joint Statement
On September 29, the Delegation of the RA NA Standing Committee on Foreign Relations and the RF FA Federal Council Committee on International Affairs respectively led by the Chairmen of the Committees Armen Ashotyan and Konstantin Kosachev held a joint sitting in the Capital of the Russian Federation Moscow, the press service of the RA NA informs.
As a result of the sitting, the Chairmen of the partner Committees of the two parliaments signed a joint statement, by which the mechanisms of the inter-parliamentary cooperation formed during the 25th anniversary of the Russian-Armenian diplomatic relations is highly assessed within the framework of the political dialogue existing between Russia and Armenia.
By the signed joint statement the parties express their satisfaction with the friendly relations existing between the two states and continuous development and strengthening of cooperation.
Regarding the international political agenda the parties underlined the availability of the approximate or coinciding positions particularly over the issues, which relate to the problems of the formation of the world order based on the strengthening of multi-polarity and international institutes, principles and norms of universal recognition of the international law.
Both sides also touched upon the problems of regional security. In this context the parties expressed their support to the joint efforts within the CSTO framework aimed at the stability and provision of peaceful development in the South Caucasus. The parties also reaffirmed their commitment of seeking peaceful and mutually acceptable solutions in the settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict based on the principles existing in the joint statements of the Chairmen of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair countries.
Touching upon the perspectives of economic cooperation within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union, the parties underlined the successes recorded in the trade-economic cooperation.
The parties also highlighted the necessity of the deepening and development of the mutual economic integration for reaching the goals and solving the problems of the effective and competitive unit, the Eurasian Economic Union.
Referring to the problems of the inter-parliamentary cooperation, the parties emphasized the cooperation within the frameworks of the CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly, the CSTO PA, the OSCE PA, and expressed readiness to coordinate the actions on the inter-parliamentary platforms for more effective cooperation.
As an inseparable element of the foreign policy the parties also greatly highlighted the role and significance of the parliamentary diplomacy, underlined the practice of holding joint sittings, observing them as an opportunity for giving impetus to the development of the national legislation and harmonizing the processes, and the improvement of the legal practice.
The parties reached an agreement to hold the next joint sitting in Yerevan in the first half of 2018.
- The Pope Will Visit Kazakhstan At the invitation of President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, Pope Francis will pay a state visit to Kazakhstan on September 13-15, 2022, the message says.
- Armenia Deputy PM to Head for Kazakhstan Within three days after returning from Kazakhstan, the deputy PM must present a report on the results of the visit to the Prime Minister.
- New Round of Talks on Iran-EEU Free Trade Agreement Kicks off The aforesaid free trade agreement will enable the gradual lifting of customs duties on 80 percent of goods and the maintenance of the current tariffs for the rest.
- Eurasian Economic Union Proposes Tax on Sale of Foreign Assets "Washington threatens to expand them by including the enterprises of our partners who actively cooperate with the Russian ones and maintain cooperative relations with us," he said.
- Armenian President, Kazakh Ambassador Exchange Ideas About Bilateral Partnership Issues relating to regional security and stability were also touched upon.
- Admiral Isakov’s Personal Belongings Donated to Armenian Ministry of Defense by Russian Collector The ceremony was attended by representatives of the Armenian Ministry of Defense, the Russian Foreign Ministry, staffers of the Moscow Victory Museum, the Russian Central Military Museum, the K.E. Voroshilov...
- Hakob Arshakyan Discusses Issues on Armenian-Russian Allied Relations with Special Representative of RF President The President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin accepted the invitation of the Prime Minister of Armenia to visit our country in the second half of this year.
- Russia Welcomes Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations: Lavrov This is an important additional channel for establishing a dialogue and developing multifaceted cooperation between the countries of the region and their neighbors.
- Lavrov invites Mirzoyan to visit Russia Lavrov invited Mirzoyan to visit Russia, stating that the Russian side will be glad to see the delegation led by the Armenian FM in any corner of Russia.
- Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Mikhail Mishustin On the Occasion Of the 77th Anniversary Of the Victory The immortal feat of our fathers and grandfathers, all those who fought heroically shoulder to shoulder on the battlefield, selflessly worked in the homefront will forever remain in our hearts.
No Major Ceasefire Violations Recorded – Artsakh MoD
Artsakh President Orders Discharge of Partial Mobilization Draftees
PM Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to the President of Ecuador
Referendum on LPR’s Accession to Russia Possible after Liberation of DPR: LPR’s Head
Armenia to Launch Ferry Service from Georgian Poti Port to Russian Kavkaz Port in August
Biden Signs Protocols on Finland’s and Sweden’s Accession to NATO
No Violations Recorded in the Area of Responsibility of Russian Peacekeeping Troops: Russian MoD
Azerbaijan has Alternative to Communicate with Nakhchivan Through Iran, Bypassing Armenia: Bayramov
The RA Minister of Defence Received the Ambassador of the Republic of Belarus
Azerbaijan to Lose Control Over Aghanus Village with Launch of New Corridor, Says Artsakh Infrastructure Minister
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Stop Issuing Tourist Visas to Russians- Kaja Kallas
Azerbaijan President Travels to Turkey
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to the Newly Elected Prime Minister of Kuwait
Biden to Sign NATO Accession Protocols for Sweden, Finland on August 9
Vahagn Khachaturyan Sent a Congratulatory Message to the President of Singapore Halimah Yacob
44th FIDE Chess Olympiad: Armenia Men’s Team Takes Silver
Linda Sanchez Condemns Azerbaijani Aggression Against Artsakh
Two Servicemen Injured in Artsakh as a Result of Violating Safety Rules
Armenia Supports "One China" Principle – MFA
Russia Supports Normalization of Armenia-Turkey Relations: Zakharova
Azerbaijani Special Services Continue Hacking Armenian Accounts of Facebook – NSS Artsakh
EU Will Not Recognise Passports Distributed By Russia To Ukrainians: Josep Borrell
Faith, Patriotism, Professionalism are Among Effective Mechanisms for Fighting Eternal Enemies: David Babayan
Armenian Film Producer Armen Grigoryan Dies In Courtroom
Edvard Asryan Appointed Chef of Staff of Armenia’s Armed Forces
Armenian PM Receives Participants of 2022 Golden Apricot Yerevan International Film Festival
Prime Minister Pashinyan Receives US CIA Director William Burns
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet in Tbilisi
Armenia Plans to Open Diplomatic Office in Cyprus
Wind: 2.06 km/h