276 People Killed in Somalia Attack
The most powerful bomb blast ever witnessed in Somalia's capital killed 276 people with around 300 others injured, abc News reports
The country's information minister called it the deadliest single attack in this Horn of Africa nation.
As angry protesters gathered near the scene of the attack, Somalia's government blamed the al-Qaida linked al-Shabab extremist group for what it called a "national disaster."
However, Africa's deadliest Islamic extremist group, which often targets high-profile areas of the capital, did not comment yet.
- Pompeo: US "Will Continue to Lead" Fight Against Islamic State "The United States will continue to lead the coalition and the world on this essential security effort," Pompeo said as he opened a day of talks in Washington.
- Turkish Police Detain 7 Over ISIS Links One suspect is believed to be responsible for ISIS training camps that train some 2000 foreign militants per year, the daily said citing a statement by Turkey's interior ministry.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
Greece Elects First Woman President
5.3 Million Euro for Hazardous Waste Management: Mayor and EU Ambassador Signed Memorandum
Armenia’s Simon Martirosyan Nommed for IWF Lifter of the Year 2019 Award
Armenia a Favorite Destination for Expert-Led Tours
Gor Melikyan Appointed Armenian Deputy Minister of High-Tech Industry
Trump Says He doesn't Know "Very Angry" Greta Thunberg
President Sarkissian Meets with CEO of Apple Tim Cook in Davos
Armenian Parliament Passes bill to Tackle ‘Criminal Subculture’
Armenia’s PM Nikol Pashinyan to Speak Today About NSS Ex-Director Georgi Kutoyan’s Death Circumstances
Vartine Ohanian Becomes First Armenian Woman Minister in Lebanon’s History
President Sarkissian Met with the Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Gakharia
Contract Serviceman Dies in Artsak
Government Continues Discussing Programs and Activities to be Carried Out by Prime Minister’s Office in 2020
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Armenia-EU Relations Progress in all Directions – Deputy PM Receives Vasilis Maragos
There Are no Clearly Defined Dates for the Armenian and Azerbaijani Leaders' Meeting: Armenia's FM
Iranian MP Offers $3 Million Reward for 'Whoever Kills Trump': ISNA
Armenian Lawmakers to Send Letter to German Bundestag Because of Azerbaijani Tenor
Erdogan Calls on Putin to Facilitate Ceasefire in Idlib
President of the State of Palestine Gave a Precious Gift to Armenian Patriarch of Jerusalem
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
Armenia's Speaker of Parliament Visited Several North-Eastern Border Positions to Congratulate on New Year
Wind: 5 km/h