US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Wednesday indicated that America will maintain an indefinite military presence in Syria to fight terrorist groups, stand up to Iran’s growing influence and pave the way for an end to the regime of Syrian leader Bashar Assad, Politico informs.
"We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and other terrorist groups were able to "wreak havoc" after the US withdrawal.
- Pompeo: US "Will Continue to Lead" Fight Against Islamic State "The United States will continue to lead the coalition and the world on this essential security effort," Pompeo said as he opened a day of talks in Washington.
- Turkish Police Detain 7 Over ISIS Links One suspect is believed to be responsible for ISIS training camps that train some 2000 foreign militants per year, the daily said citing a statement by Turkey's interior ministry.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
- Iraq Declares War With Islamic State Is Over Iraq's announcement comes two days after the Russian military declared it had accomplished its mission of defeating IS in neighbouring Syria.
- Karabakh Conflict Must be Settled Within Framework of OSCE Minsk Group, Says Pompeo The United States, along with France and Russia, are co-chairs of the Minsk Group whose main goal is to resolve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, and is within this framework that the situation must be resolved,...
- Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO) The video was published by American-Armenian filmmaker Eric Esrailian.
- Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to U.S. President-Elect Joe Biden That process, of course, benefits from the invaluable role that the Armenian American community plays, acting as a bridge between our countries.
- Mississippi Governor Signs Bill Removing state Flag with Confederate Emblem Mississippi residents will head to the polls in November to choose a new state flag. The old flag design will not be an option, per the legislation.
- Biden Tops Trump Nationwide, but Battlegrounds Tilt Trump The former vice president continues to hold healthy leads among women (55% Biden to 41% Trump) and people of color (69% Biden to 26% Trump).
Roads are Open in the Republic of Armenia
1,248 New Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed in Armenia
Iran Accuses Israel, U.S. in Assassination of Nuclear Scientist
Bodies of Over 400 Armenian Servicemen Are Already Retrieved or Exchanged: Artsakh Ombudsman
Trump Implies He Won't Leave White House unless Biden Can Disprove Fraud
168 Explosive Devices Defused in Karabakh in Past Day: Russian Defense Ministry
Nikol Pashinyan to Leave for Moscow
Britain's Derby Recognizes Artsakh Independence
Armenia's PM Appoints New Deputy FM
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
French Minister of State Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne to Visit Armenia
Armenian National Team Advanced in FIFA/Coca-Cola World Rankings
UEFA Banned Qarabag FK Official from Exercising any Football-Related Activity for Life
Armenian, Azeri Militaries Specify Deployment Locations of Outposts Amid Border Demarcation
Berdzor Residents Receive Security Guarantees and Stop Evacuation
Azerbaijan Artificially Delays the Process of Exchange of the Prisoners of War and Bodies: The Urgent Call of the Human Rights Defender of Armenia to the International Community
Hayastan All Armenian Fund Telethon 2020 Raises $22.9m
Defense Army Publishes List of 34 Deceased Servicemen
Armenia Records 132346 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Open Only for Trucks
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Aurora Humanitarian Aid Projects for Artsakh Announced
Armenia’s MFA Spokesperson: Aliyev Confirms Absence of Any Justification of Deliberate Targeting of the Civilian Population and Civilian Infrastructure
Wind: 3 km/h