Armenian Culture at Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York
The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, one of the world’s prestigious cultural centers, will host an exclusive exhibition presenting the historical and cultural heritage of the Armenian people in the 4th-17th centuries, Hayern Aysor reports.
The opening of the exhibition is scheduled for Armenia’s Independence Day on September 21, 2018.
The facilitator of the Byzantine Section of the Department of Medieval Arts and Monasteries of the Metropolitan Museum of Art Helen Evans provided details about the exhibition at Ararat Eskijian Museum.
"The exhibition will present the history and culture of the Armenian people starting from the early Middle Age and ending with the 17th century, including the adoption of Christianity, the Armenian alphabet created by Mesrop Mashtots and its impact, samples from the years of the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia, manuscripts of different centuries and the first print books in Armenian,” Helen Evans informed.
The exhibition will mainly feature samples from the Museum of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, the Mesrop Mashtots Institute of Ancient Manuscripts-Matenadaran and the History Museum, certain treasures of Armenian medieval culture kept at the St. Hakobyants Armenian Church of Jerusalem, the Catholicosate of the Great House of Cilicia and the Mekhitarist Congregation, and the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and certain non-Armenian sources will provide samples.
- Trump: "My Biggest Threat is the Fed" Higher rates can impact consumers by increasing borrowing costs, which have already ticked higher. Auto loan rates are at a nine-year high, and 30-year fixed mortgage rates recently climbed to their highest...
- Hillary Clinton's Security Clearance Was Withdrawn Former secretary of state and two-time presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has had her security clearance withdrawn "at her request," according to a letter by Charles Faulkner of the US State Department...
- Mayor de Blasio Vows to Go After Trump for Unpaid Taxes After Bombshell Report The mayor said the city would work with state tax authorities in the probe.
- Trump Signs Executive Order to Impose Sanctions Against any Election Interference The process, according to Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and White House national security adviser John Bolton, would take a total of 90 days.
- "Fake, Fake, Disgusting News": Trump Slams Media for Bad Coverage of His Summits US President Donald Trump on Thursday resumed his attacks on media at a rally in Pennsylvania, slamming news as "fake" and "disgusting."
- Russia Donates Aivazovsky's Letter Addressed to Tolstoy to Matenadaran Apart from the letter, the Мinistry donated the copies of a number of other archival documents displayed during an exhibition organized as part of the events marking the 25th anniversary of the establishment...
- Israel Wins 2018 Eurovision Song Contest (Video) Based on online and phone voting during the event on May 12, Israel's Netta Barzilai captured the top prize with her song Toy.
- April 15 is Universal Day of Culture It was proposed by the author of the Roerich Pact - the Russian artist Nicholas Roerich.
- President Sargsyan Congratulates People’s Artist Artavazd Peleshyan on 80th Birthday You managed to show in the film the hidden episodes of human essence and psychology, human and nature relationships: President.
- Bill Gates Will Star in a Comedy To note, new episodes of The Big Bang Theory return Thursday, March 1 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.
ECHR Fines Armenia over Procedural Violations
Arpine Hovhannisyan Met with EEAS Managing Director for Europe and Central Asia
Moldovan Parliament Fails to Ensure Enough Votes for EU Integration Constitutional Clause
Bako Sahakyan Visits to the Eastern Section of the Artsakh-Azerbaijani Borderline
EU Countries Who Refuse To Host Refugees Could Pay More For Projects
Trump Threatens to Call US Military to Close Southern Border as 4,000-Strong Migrant Caravan Pushes North
Ambassador: France’s Position on Karabakh Remains the Same
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Condolence Letter on Demise of Ara Güler
Karabakh: Solemn Event Marking the Centennial of the Msmna Battle
Karabakh Settlement Issue: Armen Sargsyan's Visits to the USA, Moscow and Stepanakert:
Legendary Turkish-Armenian Photographer Ara Guler Dies at 90
Brexit: UK "May Consider Longer Transition Period'
Nikol Pashinyan, Armen Sarkissian Discuss Issues Related to Political Situation in Armenia
“We Intend to Exempt Micro Business From Taxes” - Nikol Pashinyan Visits Charity Fair Organized by Syrian-Armenians
Tusk has No Optimism on Brexit Deal
The Main Results of the Francophone Week in Yerevan
Anna Burns Wins Man Booker Prize for Milkman
Armenia Improves Positions in Global Competitiveness Index
Turkish President Erdoğan Meets Pompeo in Ankara
Trump: "My Biggest Threat is the Fed"
Brigitte Macron: We Feel So Good in Armenia that We Don't Want to Leave
In Honor of Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, RA Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Gave Official Dinner (photos)
Macron: April 24 to be Remembered in France as the Day of Remembrance of the Armenian Genocide
It Is Suggested in Armenia to Rename one of the International Airports in Honor of the Great Chansonnier Charles Aznavour
German Publicist about Erdogan's Visit: You Mean the Carpet, which Is Painted with the Blood of Armenians?
Justin Trudeau: Many Years ago I Had the Opportunity to Visit Armenia with my Father during Summer Holidays
Aliyev Criticized International Observers' Assessment on the Yerevan Council of Elderly Elections before the Election Results Were Published
CSTO Chief of Joint Staff not Authorized to Comment on Matter Regarding Secretary General Yuri Khachaturov
Sharmazanov to Speaker of Azerbaijani Parliament: You Should Recognize the Full Exercise of Artsakh People’s Right of Self-Determination
Artsakh's Defense Army Serviceman Artsakh Hovsepyan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Wind: 11.27 km/h