Iran Is Ready to Create New Opportunities of Cooperation with Armenia (Official)
On December 12, RA NA Armenia-Iran Friendship Group delegation had meetings with the Head of the IRI Majlis Iran-Armenia Friendship Group, the Heads of the Committees on Economic Affairs, on Energy, on Foreign Relations and on Defense, official page of RA NA rports.
During the meetings multi-layered issues of the Armenian-Iranian cooperation were discussed, particularly, the cooperation in the spheres of economy, energy, foreign policy and security.
Within the framework of the economic cooperation the sides discussed issues relating to the works of the economic free zone being created in Meghri and the possibilities and the further organization of the activities. The sides particularly touched upon the Iranian and the Armenian goods turnover, and by the mediation and support of the Armenian and Iranian sides in other markets.
In the sphere of energy issues regarding the construction of the third energy line were discussed. The sides have recorded that the preparatory works are over and the phases of the final design and construction should follow. Certain agreements on the issues of the organization of the gas purchase process from Iran to Armenia were reached. The parties agreed to create joint working groups which should be engaged with the solution of the concrete problems, involving in them the representatives of the spheres of the two countries’ executive powers and business sphere. It has been designed to hold multilateral forums by the initiative of the parliaments of Armenia and Iran.
The representatives of the IRI Majlis have assured that the Iranian legislation is liberal which gives wide opportunity to deepen the effective cooperation in the debated spheres. It has been reaffirmed that the Iranian side is ready to debate and create new opportunities in all spheres.
The RA NA deputies Koryun Nahapetyan, Vahe Enfiajyan, Nikol Pashinyan and Aghvan Vardanyan are in the delegation
- 24% Growth in Iran's Non-Oil Trade with Armenia Armenia was the 62nd exporter of goods to Iran over the four months. The imports mainly included sheep, vehicles and diesel engines.
- Majlis of Iran Approved a Bill on Constructing HPPs on Araks River Earlier, on April 17, a decision was made during an open session of the Iranian Majlis to start urgent discussions over the construction of the HPPs in cooperation with Armenia.
- Armenian-Iranian Business Forum Took Place in Yerevan DFA stressed that “for Iranian entrepreneurs doing business in Armenia will be by 23% more affordable with more skilled labor and financial sustainability.”
- One Step Ahead is Taken in Talks with Investors for Iran-Armenia Railway The transport ministry of Armenia has gone one step ahead in the negotiations with investors for construction of the Iran-Armenia railway.
- 2016 Was a Year of Active Cooperation between Armenia and Iran The results of the dynamic cooperation between Tehran and Yerevan as well as the further steps were discussed during the Iranian President’s visit to Armenia. It is expected that Armenian President’s...
- World Court Orders U.S. to Ensure Iran Sanctions Don't Hit Humanitarian Aid Judges at the International Court Of Justice handed a victory to Tehran, which had argued that sanctions imposed since May by the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump violate the terms of a 1955...
- U.S. Official Says EU aid for Iran Sends "Wrong Message"' “Foreign aid from European taxpayers perpetuates the regime’s ability to neglect the needs of its people and stifles meaningful policy changes,” Brian Hook, the U.S. special representative for Iran,...
- Russia, Iran, Others Sign Deal on Caspian Sea's Legal Status The leaders of the five countries who gathered in the Kazakh port city of Aktau to sign the document provided no details of the agreement in their speeches before the signing.
- Current Situation of Iranian Economy Can Be Seen As an Opportunity in the Context of Extending Armenian-Iranian Economic Relations The matter is that the use of US sanctions will dramatically decrease the circulation of American currency in Iran, which will result in the Iranian "Riyal" devaluation.
- Trump About Iran Sanctions The Iran sanctions have officially been cast. These are the most biting sanctions ever imposed, and in November they ratchet up to yet another level.
- Armenia Holds no Negotiations with Iran Over Gas Purchase at the Moment At the same time Artur Grigoryan noted that of course there are possible options which should be discussed.
- Iranian Businessmen View Armenia as a Bridge to the World There are companies that can establish production in Armenia and enter different markets.
- Armenia Can Become a Good Platform for International Free Economic Zones Recall that the agreement is about creating a temporary three-year economic zone. In this regard, we should also note several important circumstances in the interests of the national economy of Armenia:
- Armenia's Ambassador to Iran: Yerevan-Tehran Relations are on the Rise The Ambassador said these ties are stable and cannot be affected by the will of a third country.
- Iran, Russia, Armenia and Georgia to Synchronize Their Power Grids Araqi added that Iran's electricity exchange with Armenia would increase fourfold to around 1,200 megawatts, once the construction of the third power transmission line is complete.
Donald Trump has talked with King of Saudi Arabia
Turkey to Inspect Saudi Consulate over Journalist’s Disappearance
Kadyrov Invited Pashinyan and Macron to Participate in a Dance Festival in Chechnya
UK PM Launches First Strategy to Combat Loneliness
Russian Border Guards in Armenia Apprehend Trespasser
Armenia 2nd President: PM has Personal Hatred Towards Me
Istanbul Municipality Renames One of Streets of Şişli District After Hrant Dink
PM Receives U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
The Refusal from US State Bonds by the Investing Countries Can Have Crisis-Leading Consequences
Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Are Expecting A Baby
Water Poisoning Cases in Basra Rises to 111.000
1 Dead, 1 Injured as Gunman Opens Fire in Glendale Armenian Restaurant
The Armenian delegation to PACE managed to prevent amendments to one of the resolutions proposed by Azerbaijani delegation. Arpine Hovhannisyan
President Participated at the Produce Festive Fair in Stepanakert (photos)
Trump: China is "A Bigger Problem" than Russia Meddling in US Elections
Britain's Labour Will not Vote for 'Blind Brexit'
Justin Trudeau about Armenian Trip: ''I Had Very Productive Meetings with Nikol Pashinyan''
ISIS Takes 130 Families Hostage in Syria
Trump Has Invited the Fiancée of Jamal Khashoggi to White House
Bako Sahakyan Met with Member of EP Jaromír Štětina.
Brigitte Macron: We Feel So Good in Armenia that We Don't Want to Leave
Macron: April 24 to be Remembered in France as the Day of Remembrance of the Armenian Genocide
It Is Suggested in Armenia to Rename one of the International Airports in Honor of the Great Chansonnier Charles Aznavour
In Honor of Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, RA Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Gave Official Dinner (photos)
German Publicist about Erdogan's Visit: You Mean the Carpet, which Is Painted with the Blood of Armenians?
Aliyev Criticized International Observers' Assessment on the Yerevan Council of Elderly Elections before the Election Results Were Published
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
CSTO Chief of Joint Staff not Authorized to Comment on Matter Regarding Secretary General Yuri Khachaturov
Justin Trudeau: Many Years ago I Had the Opportunity to Visit Armenia with my Father during Summer Holidays
Armenian Civilian Wounded as Azerbaijani Military Opens Heavy Cross-Border Gunfire at Border 5own and 3rd Army Corps
Wind: 22.53 km/h