Assad Estimated Reconstruction of Syria 400 Billion Dollars
In an exclusive interview with Kathimerini, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad denied that the Syrian Army used chemical weapons against civilians, while taking aim at both Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and US President Donald Trump, ekathimerini.com reports.
In response to the question, how much it is going to cost to reconstruct this country, and who is going to pay for that, Bashar al-Assad noted:
"Hundreds of billions, the minimum is 200 billion, and according to some estimates it’s about 400 billion dollars. Why is it not precise? Because some areas are still under the control of the terrorists, so we couldn’t estimate precisely what the figure is. So, this is plus or minus, let’s say."
- Next Group of Armenian Specialists Leaves for Syria Next group from Armenia consisting of humanitarian de-miners, doctors and specialists ensuring their security has arrived in Aleppo, Syria on June 4.
- Syrian Troops Continue Push Into Jihadist Stronghold of Idlib Syrian troops captured the town of Qalaat al-Madiq on Thursday as they continued a push into a remaining rebel-held enclave located in Idlib province. The UN Security Council will hold a closed-door meeting...
- Why Iran Supports Turkey, Or the Regional Puzzle in Syria Interestingly, Iran joined this operation: this is the first Turkish-Iranian joint operation against the PKK. Turkey announced a joint operation with Iran against the PKK on the eve of the general elections...
- Withdrawal Of US Forces In Syria May Begin In "Weeks" Gen. Joseph Votel, the head of U.S. Central Command, temporarily moved additional security and logistics forces into Syria to prepare for the eventual withdrawal of the more than 2,000 American troops...
- Armenian Specialists Have Arrived in Syria The group consists of 83 members, among them de-mining specialists and doctors.
Iran Denies Being Hit by US Cyberattack
Kremlin: Georgia in Grip of Russophobic Hysteria
Ekrem Imamoglu: Mayoral Vote Has 'Renewed Our Faith in Democracy And Justice'
Trump Says He is Not 'Looking For War' As He prods Iran For Talks
Ukraine’s Central Election Commission Bars Saakashvili’s Party From Elections
Trump to Visit South Korea This Week For Summit With Moon
Iran Says It Welcomes any Diffusion of Tensions in Region
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
OSCE to Conduct Monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border
Jeremy Hunt Tells Boris Johnson 'Don't Be a Coward' Over Scrutiny
Insight From Yerevan: Outcomes of Armenia And Azerbaijan FM Meeting
China Says Both U.S., China Should Make Compromises in Trade Talks
Czechs Demand PM Step Down in Largest Protest Since Communist Era
US Launched Cyber Attack on Iranian Computer Systems
Pompeo Heads to Saudi Arabia, UAE For Iran Crisis Talks
Erdogan’s Candidate Concedes Defeat in Istanbul Vote
Minsk 2019: Tigran Kirakosyan – Gold Medalist
Dmitry Medvedev Congratulated Armen Sarkissian
Georgian Airways Offers Tbilisi-Yerevan-Moscow Flights To Overcome Russian Sanctioncs
Putin Congratulated Armen Sarkissian: We highly Appreciate Your Role in the Development of Cooperation Between Our Countries
Our Plans Will Target Reinforcement of Civil Society And Its Role: Naira Karapetyan, Director of ''European Integration'' NGO
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh
Trump’s New Immigration Plan’s Threats to Armenia
Karabakh: "Coercion to Peace" Gaining Ground Again
Artworks on Scarves: Exclusive Interview with “Artuyt” Founder Arevik Arakelyan
Artsakh Should Be Fully Involved in the Humanitarian Events: Expert
There is No Religion For Food, All Are Human Beings
Wind: 8 km/h