Oil Prices Drop as Iran Signals Support for Opec Output Rise
OilNSE 0.73 % prices fell on Thursday as Iran signalled it could be won over to a small rise in Opec crude output, potentially paving the way for the producer cartel to agree a supply increase during a meeting on Friday, Economic Times reports.
However, prices were prevented from dropping further by record refinery runs in the United States and a large decline in crude inventories, a sign of strong fuel demand in the world's biggest economy.
Brent crude futures were at $74.51 per barrel at 0152 GMT, down 23 cents, or 0.3 percent, from their last close.
US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures were at $65.64 a barrel, down 7 cents, or 0.1 percent.
- European Central Bank to Raise Interest Rates for 1st Time in 11 Years The move highlights concerns about the 8.1% annual consumer price growth in May, the highest since the statistics began in 1997. The bank's target is 2%.
- U.S. Imposes Sanctions on 27 Gazprombank Executives, Russian TV Stations "This is not a full block. We're not freezing the assets of Gazprombank or prohibiting any transactions with Gazprombank," a senior Biden administration official told reporters. "What we're signaling is...
- Germany Faces Steep Recession if Russian Oil and Gas Halted, Bank Lobby Says "The situation would be even worse if imports or supplies of Russian oil and natural gas were to be halted. A significant recession in Germany would then be virtually unavoidable," Sewing told journalists.
- G7 Rejects Putin's Demand for Rouble Payment for Russian Gas - Germany "All G7 ministers have agreed that this is a unilateral and clear breach of existing contracts," Habeck, who is German economy and climate protection minister, told reporters after a virtual conference...
- EU Leaders Agree on Joint Gas Purchases Last year, the European Commission proposed to the EU countries a system of joint purchases of strategic gas reserves as a way to provide a buffer against possible supply disruptions. Fears of supply disruptions...
The Secretary for West of the Foreign Ministry of India will Arrive in Armenia
ANCA Shares Findings from Recent Fact-Finding Mission in Artsakh
Uzbekistan’s President Declares State of Emergency in Karakalpakstan on July 3 - Aug 2
Ukrainian Forces Targeted Belarusian Military Facilities: Lukashenko
Gazprom Delivering 42.15 Mln Cubic Meters of Gas to Europe through Ukraine via Sudzha
The Regular Sitting of the Consultative Assembly Held with the Participation of the Prime Minister and the Leaders of the Extra-Parliamentary Political Forces
Ukraine Facing Significant Losses on All Fronts: Russian Defense Ministry
Yerevan One of Most Preferred Destinations for Russian Tourists
Elon Musk Meets with Pope Francis
Stepantsminda-Lars Highway Open for All Types of Vehicles
50 Cent Posts Photo From Downtown Yerevan
5 Dead, 19 Injured After Two Quakes jolt Iran in One Day
Prime Minister Pashinyan Discussed with Samvel Karapetyan the Course of Investment Projects of "Tashir" Group of Companies
Fourth Meeting of the Special Representatives of Armenia and Turkey
The Prime Minister Received the Federal Minister of Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany
PM Pashinyan Chairs Security Coucil Meeting
Calling NATO Exclusively Defensive Alliance is Ridiculous, Disgraceful: Lavrov
Finnish FM Speaks On Timing of Country's Entry Into NATO
Gagik Jhangiryan Resigns as Member of Supreme Judicial Council
The Prime Minister Congratulated the Employees of the Prosecutor’s Office
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Andranik Iosifyan from Artsakh: Father of Electromechanics, "Chief Electrician" of Missile Technology
The People of Artsakh Have the Same Rights as Everyone: Ararat Mirzoyan
Michel Matthew Ter-Pogossian, the ''Father'' of Positron Emission Tomography
Artsakh's NSS Urges Against Spread of Dubious News
Artsakh’s NSS Reveals Case of High Treason
It Is Necessary to Work Closely to Launch Crisis Prevention Mechanisms: Pashinyan to CSTO Foreign Ministers
Armenia is Not Only Russia’s Partner, it is a Strategic Ally, Putin Tells Khachaturyan
China Rejects Wuhan Lab Leak Theory, Calls for Investigating US Facilities
The Resident of Berdzor, Lost on the Azerbaijani Side, was Returned Through the Mediation of Peacekeepers
Wind: 0.51 km/h