Michael Pompeo Called on Putin and Poroshenko to Engage Directly
The US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has urged Presidents Poroshenko and Putin to engage directly to resolve the situation on the Kerch Strait accident.
The Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has issued a statement on this issue:
“The United States expresses its deep concern over the incident in the Black Sea that occurred November 25 as Ukrainian vessels attempted to transit through the Kerch Strait. Reports that Russian vessels rammed and fired on the Ukrainian ships, injuring Ukrainian crewmen, before seizing three vessels, represent a dangerous escalation and a violation of international law.
The United States condemns this aggressive Russian action. We call on Russia to return to Ukraine its vessels and detained crew members, and to respect Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders, extending to its territorial waters.
We call on both parties to exercise restraint and abide by their international obligations and commitments. We urge Presidents Poroshenko and Putin to engage directly to resolve this situation. In that regard, we reiterate our support for the Normandy Four format.
The United States supports Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders, extending to its territorial waters, as well as the right of its vessels to traverse international waters. As stated in our Crimea Declaration, the United States rejects Russia’s attempted annexation of Crimea.” was mentioned in the statement.
- US not Discussing Military Response to Kerch Strait Incident — General "There is not a discussion ongoing right now in the military dimension in response to Sea of Azov. Obviously my job in uniform is to make sure that the President has options available, should he decide...
- President Poroshenko Holds Phone Conversation with Pompeo Secretary Michael R. Pompeo spoke on the phone with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko today to discuss a range of bilateral issues.
- Poroshenko Puts Ukraine under Martial Law "The National Security and Defense Council’s decision concerning "emergency measures to ensure Ukraine’s state sovereignty and independence and declare martial law in Ukraine’ is hereby enacted,"...
- Poroshenko, Stoltenberg Agree To Immediately Convene Ukraine - NATO Commission Over Russia's Aggression According to the report, Poroshenko informed Mr. Stoltenberg about the act of Russia's aggression against Ukraine in the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov water zones as well as about Ukraine's intention to...
- Russia Seizes Three Ukrainian Naval Ships in the Black Sea The FSB said three Ukrainian sailors had been wounded in the incident and were getting medical care. Their lives were not in danger.
- The Deep Chill in U.S.-Russian Relations is Stirring Concern The deep chill in U.S.-Russian relations is stirring concern in some quarters that Washington and Moscow are in danger of stumbling into an armed confrontation that, by mistake or miscalculation, could...
- Erdogan: Russian S-400S Delivery May Be Brought Forward President Tayyip Erdogan said the delivery of Russian S-400 missile defence systems may be brought forward from July, the Sabah newspaper reported on Wednesday, sticking to a purchase which has put Turkey...
- "Following Muller Report, US to Allegedly Fix Ties With Russia," Suren Sargsyan (EXCLUSIVE) Muller probe findings regarding Russian trace in 2016 US presidential elections have been released: no evidence of Russian engagement. ”Armedia” IAA talked to Suren Sargsyan, expert of international...
- Serbia Arrests Man Plotting to Assassinate Putin Serbian authorities have reportedly arrested a man suspected of planning to assassinate Russian President Vladimir Putin during his visit to the country later this week
- Russia Ready for Constructive Dialogue with New Armenian Parliament, Government: Maria Zakharova Russia is set for constructive dialogue with the new RA parliament and government after the early parliamentary election in Armenia.
Yezidis Across the World Celebrate New Year: Interview With Hasan Tamoyan, Representative of the Armenian Yezidi Community (Exclusive)
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
PM Holds Phone Conversation With Aram I, Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia
Will Rightists Take the Lead in New Europe?
Facebook Bans UK Far-Right Groups
Armenian Dolls - at the Delhi Dolls Museum
Armenia Improves Press Freedom Rank by 19 points
Notre Dame to Reopen in Less than 5 Years: French Culture Minister
Anna Hakobyan Met With Outstanding Representatives of the Armenian Community in New York
New York Police Arrest Man With Petrol in St Patrick's Cathedral
Iraq Muslim Leader Calls on Turkey to Apologize for Genocide
Death Toll Tops 200 in Battle For Libya's Tripoli
Gunmen Kill 14 After Kidnapping Them in Pakistan
North Korea Rejects Pompeo from Nuclear Dialogue
President of Artsakh Receives Delegation Led by Chairman of Pan-Armenian Games' World Committee
France Invites Designers to Submit Plans to Rebuild Notre Dame Spire
Turkish Opposition Candidate Declared Winner of Disputed Istanbul Vote
Former Peru President Killed Himself Before Arrest
7 year-old Armenian Girl to Represent Russia in Turkey
Dozens Killed in Portugal Bus Crash
My Family Was Always Proud of its Armenian Heritage: James Bagian - The Only Armenian in the World, who Has Traveled into Space (EXCLUSIVE)
Alexander Mantashev: the Wealthiest Armenian in Russian Tzardom
Sarkis Torossian, Armenian Hero of Gallipoli Campaign
Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
More Than 70 American Lawmakers Seek US Official Recognition of Armenian Genocide with New Resolution
Assyrian New Year Stands For Nature Revival And Fertility: Interview With Arsen Mikhailov (EXCLUSIVE)
It is Not Artsakh Issue, It is All-Armenian Issue: Artsakh Republic National Assembly MP Vardges Baghryan (EXCLUSIVE)
In Case of Attempts by Azerbaijan to Resolve the Conflict by Force, Artsakh has Every Right to Protect its Freedom and Independence. Artsakh's MFA
Joint Statement by the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan and the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Wind: 7 km/h