Michael Pompeo Called on Putin and Poroshenko to Engage Directly
The US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has urged Presidents Poroshenko and Putin to engage directly to resolve the situation on the Kerch Strait accident.
The Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has issued a statement on this issue:
“The United States expresses its deep concern over the incident in the Black Sea that occurred November 25 as Ukrainian vessels attempted to transit through the Kerch Strait. Reports that Russian vessels rammed and fired on the Ukrainian ships, injuring Ukrainian crewmen, before seizing three vessels, represent a dangerous escalation and a violation of international law.
The United States condemns this aggressive Russian action. We call on Russia to return to Ukraine its vessels and detained crew members, and to respect Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders, extending to its territorial waters.
We call on both parties to exercise restraint and abide by their international obligations and commitments. We urge Presidents Poroshenko and Putin to engage directly to resolve this situation. In that regard, we reiterate our support for the Normandy Four format.
The United States supports Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders, extending to its territorial waters, as well as the right of its vessels to traverse international waters. As stated in our Crimea Declaration, the United States rejects Russia’s attempted annexation of Crimea.” was mentioned in the statement.
- US not Discussing Military Response to Kerch Strait Incident — General "There is not a discussion ongoing right now in the military dimension in response to Sea of Azov. Obviously my job in uniform is to make sure that the President has options available, should he decide...
- President Poroshenko Holds Phone Conversation with Pompeo Secretary Michael R. Pompeo spoke on the phone with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko today to discuss a range of bilateral issues.
- Poroshenko Puts Ukraine under Martial Law "The National Security and Defense Council’s decision concerning "emergency measures to ensure Ukraine’s state sovereignty and independence and declare martial law in Ukraine’ is hereby enacted,"...
- Poroshenko, Stoltenberg Agree To Immediately Convene Ukraine - NATO Commission Over Russia's Aggression According to the report, Poroshenko informed Mr. Stoltenberg about the act of Russia's aggression against Ukraine in the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov water zones as well as about Ukraine's intention to...
- Russia Seizes Three Ukrainian Naval Ships in the Black Sea The FSB said three Ukrainian sailors had been wounded in the incident and were getting medical care. Their lives were not in danger.
- Serbia Arrests Man Plotting to Assassinate Putin Serbian authorities have reportedly arrested a man suspected of planning to assassinate Russian President Vladimir Putin during his visit to the country later this week
- Russia Ready for Constructive Dialogue with New Armenian Parliament, Government: Maria Zakharova Russia is set for constructive dialogue with the new RA parliament and government after the early parliamentary election in Armenia.
- Kremlin: Preparations for Putin-Trump Meeting at G20 Underway The G20 summit will meet in Buenos Aires on November 30-December 1.
- U.S. Imposes Sanctions on Russia for Nerve Agent Attack in UK A senior State Department official said it had notified the Kremlin of the sanctions earlier in the day.
- Trump National Security Team says Russia Behind Effort to Meddle in U.S. Elections U.S. President Donald Trump’s national security team said on Thursday that Russia is behind “pervasive” attempts to interfere in upcoming U.S. elections, in a rejection of denials of meddling that...
Artsakh Republic President Appointed Deputy Director of the National Security Service
Strategic Relations of Armenia and Russia Provide the Security Guarantee between our Countries: Sergey Kopirkin
Artsakh Republic Armed Forces Conduct Military Exercises
Nikol Pashinyan Inspects Construction of Basic School N7 in Vanadzor
The Contribution of Armenians in the Great Patriotic War
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 150 Times
U.S. Ambassador to Armenia Arrives to Yerevan Next Week
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
"We Need a Strictly Working Mechanism of Scientific Potential, Private Investment and Public Administration to Develop the Military Industrial Complex": Pashinyan
One of Last Survivors of Armenian Genocide Dies in Argentina at the Age of 106
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Ararat Mirzoyan to Leave for Moscow on 25 February
Artsakh Permanent Representative to the U.S. Held Meetings in Arizona
French Climbers Rescued from Armenian Mountain, One Pronounced Dead During Medevac
Peskov: Disagreements over CSTO New Chief’s Appointment are Being Settled
Richard Hoagland: "Lavrov Plan" on Karabakh Peace not Backed by Conflicting Sides "as yet"
Lynne M. Tracy Officially Sworn in to Serve as U.S. Ambassador to Armenia
We Are for the U.S. government to Officially Recognize the Armenian Genocide: U.S. Presidential Candidate
OSCE Assesses Committment of Armenian and Azerbaijani Leaders to Prepare their Peoples for Peace a Positive Signal
Elderly Man in Turkey Sentenced to Read Erdogan’s Biography for Insulting Him
"I Don't Speak Armenian, but I'm Armenian": Alain Prost - Living Legend of Formula One
"I'm Armenian, but I've Never Been in my Homeland'': Anna Der-Vartanian - First Female Master Chief Petty Officer in U.S. Navy
Serj Tankian and His Wife Provided Assistance to over 200 Needy Families in Armenia
I'm Pleasantly Surprised that Armenians Haven't Destroyed Azerbaijani and Jewish Cemeteries: Lapshin Visited Armenian Yeghegis
ANCA Suggests to Rename the Washington Street in Front of the Turkish Ambassador's Residence after Henry Morgenthau
Patrick Devedjian - Advocate of Chirac, Close Adviser of Sarkozy: Armenian, who Fight for Rights of ASALA and Monte during Court Hearings
Rhetoric around Preparing Armenian and Azerbaijani Societies for Peace Needs Transparency to Make Way for "Informed Judgements"
Turkey Recalled that Venezuela Recognized the Armenian Genocide in 2005
''Knight of Cilicia'': Aram Karamanukyan – One of the Founders of Syrian Armed Forces
Wind: 5 km/h