Michael Pompeo Called on Putin and Poroshenko to Engage Directly
The US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has urged Presidents Poroshenko and Putin to engage directly to resolve the situation on the Kerch Strait accident.
The Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has issued a statement on this issue:
“The United States expresses its deep concern over the incident in the Black Sea that occurred November 25 as Ukrainian vessels attempted to transit through the Kerch Strait. Reports that Russian vessels rammed and fired on the Ukrainian ships, injuring Ukrainian crewmen, before seizing three vessels, represent a dangerous escalation and a violation of international law.
The United States condemns this aggressive Russian action. We call on Russia to return to Ukraine its vessels and detained crew members, and to respect Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders, extending to its territorial waters.
We call on both parties to exercise restraint and abide by their international obligations and commitments. We urge Presidents Poroshenko and Putin to engage directly to resolve this situation. In that regard, we reiterate our support for the Normandy Four format.
The United States supports Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders, extending to its territorial waters, as well as the right of its vessels to traverse international waters. As stated in our Crimea Declaration, the United States rejects Russia’s attempted annexation of Crimea.” was mentioned in the statement.
- Putin Discusses Syria, Ukraine with Merkel, Macron Special attention was paid to the prospects of establishing and launching the Constitutional Committee, including in view of the agreements reached at the quadrilateral (Russia-Turkey-Germany-France) summit...
- US not Discussing Military Response to Kerch Strait Incident — General "There is not a discussion ongoing right now in the military dimension in response to Sea of Azov. Obviously my job in uniform is to make sure that the President has options available, should he decide...
- President Poroshenko Holds Phone Conversation with Pompeo Secretary Michael R. Pompeo spoke on the phone with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko today to discuss a range of bilateral issues.
- Poroshenko Puts Ukraine under Martial Law "The National Security and Defense Council’s decision concerning "emergency measures to ensure Ukraine’s state sovereignty and independence and declare martial law in Ukraine’ is hereby enacted,"...
- Poroshenko, Stoltenberg Agree To Immediately Convene Ukraine - NATO Commission Over Russia's Aggression According to the report, Poroshenko informed Mr. Stoltenberg about the act of Russia's aggression against Ukraine in the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov water zones as well as about Ukraine's intention to...
- House Majority Leader Hoyer Statement on Protests in Moscow I call on the Russian authorities to release political prisoners.
- Trump Says He will Meet Russia’s Putin at G-20 Summit Next Week In an interview on Fox News, Trump said he would hold meetings with Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping. Trump confirmed earlier this week he would be meeting with Xi.
- The Deep Chill in U.S.-Russian Relations is Stirring Concern The deep chill in U.S.-Russian relations is stirring concern in some quarters that Washington and Moscow are in danger of stumbling into an armed confrontation that, by mistake or miscalculation, could...
- Erdogan: Russian S-400S Delivery May Be Brought Forward President Tayyip Erdogan said the delivery of Russian S-400 missile defence systems may be brought forward from July, the Sabah newspaper reported on Wednesday, sticking to a purchase which has put Turkey...
- "Following Muller Report, US to Allegedly Fix Ties With Russia," Suren Sargsyan (EXCLUSIVE) Muller probe findings regarding Russian trace in 2016 US presidential elections have been released: no evidence of Russian engagement. ”Armedia” IAA talked to Suren Sargsyan, expert of international...
Hadrut region of Artsakh and the Department of Isere of France sign decleration of friendship
Artsakh's President sends congratulatory messages to Armenian President and PM
Private Equity Investment Fund Opened in Armenia with EU-EBRD Support
Foreign Ministers of Armenia, Artsakh clarify positions prior to Mnatsakanyan-Mammadyarov meeting
Armenia Marks Independence Day 28th Anniversary
"We Should Add Momentum to the Fight Against Corruption" – PM Chairs Consultative Meeting
Yerevan Court Denies Bail Petition, Ex-President Kocharyan to Remain in Custody
Saudi Arabia ‘Bullies’ Wealthy Families to Pump Cash into Oil IPO
Beijing-2022 Olympic Mascot Unveiled
Queen Elizabeth II Sent Congratulations to President Sarkissian on the Occasion of Independence Day
Facebook CEO Zuckerberg Meets Trump
Defense Minister: Exchange of Armenian Captives with Azerbaijani Saboteurs not Ruled Out
PM Introduces NSS Interim Director to NSS Senior Staff
Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum
Trump Whistleblower Complaint Involves Ukraine: Report
Nikol Pashinyan Calls at Public TV Headquarters
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Hold Meeting in New York City
Arab Coalition Launches Military Operation North of Hodeidah in Yemen
Joe Biden Calls for Reaffirmation of U.S. Record on the Armenian Genocide
Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Armenia PM: If Government Were Subjected to Pressure on Teghut Matter, Over 900 People Would Again Be Unemployed
Jerusalem Municipality Plans to Reconstruct the Armenian Patriarchate Road
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
CSTO Will Always Welcome Cooperation with all the Former Republics of the USSR: Deputy Prime Minister of Russia
Armenia Marks Independence Day 28th Anniversary
The Proposal for Organizing a Meeting Between Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers Was Voiced by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Georgian Parliament Approves New Prime Minister Giorgi Gakharia
Wind: 7 km/h