Michael Pompeo Called on Putin and Poroshenko to Engage Directly
The US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has urged Presidents Poroshenko and Putin to engage directly to resolve the situation on the Kerch Strait accident.
The Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has issued a statement on this issue:
“The United States expresses its deep concern over the incident in the Black Sea that occurred November 25 as Ukrainian vessels attempted to transit through the Kerch Strait. Reports that Russian vessels rammed and fired on the Ukrainian ships, injuring Ukrainian crewmen, before seizing three vessels, represent a dangerous escalation and a violation of international law.
The United States condemns this aggressive Russian action. We call on Russia to return to Ukraine its vessels and detained crew members, and to respect Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders, extending to its territorial waters.
We call on both parties to exercise restraint and abide by their international obligations and commitments. We urge Presidents Poroshenko and Putin to engage directly to resolve this situation. In that regard, we reiterate our support for the Normandy Four format.
The United States supports Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders, extending to its territorial waters, as well as the right of its vessels to traverse international waters. As stated in our Crimea Declaration, the United States rejects Russia’s attempted annexation of Crimea.” was mentioned in the statement.
- Putin Discusses Syria, Ukraine with Merkel, Macron Special attention was paid to the prospects of establishing and launching the Constitutional Committee, including in view of the agreements reached at the quadrilateral (Russia-Turkey-Germany-France) summit...
- US not Discussing Military Response to Kerch Strait Incident — General "There is not a discussion ongoing right now in the military dimension in response to Sea of Azov. Obviously my job in uniform is to make sure that the President has options available, should he decide...
- President Poroshenko Holds Phone Conversation with Pompeo Secretary Michael R. Pompeo spoke on the phone with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko today to discuss a range of bilateral issues.
- Poroshenko Puts Ukraine under Martial Law "The National Security and Defense Council’s decision concerning "emergency measures to ensure Ukraine’s state sovereignty and independence and declare martial law in Ukraine’ is hereby enacted,"...
- Poroshenko, Stoltenberg Agree To Immediately Convene Ukraine - NATO Commission Over Russia's Aggression According to the report, Poroshenko informed Mr. Stoltenberg about the act of Russia's aggression against Ukraine in the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov water zones as well as about Ukraine's intention to...
- Trump Says He will Meet Russia’s Putin at G-20 Summit Next Week In an interview on Fox News, Trump said he would hold meetings with Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping. Trump confirmed earlier this week he would be meeting with Xi.
- The Deep Chill in U.S.-Russian Relations is Stirring Concern The deep chill in U.S.-Russian relations is stirring concern in some quarters that Washington and Moscow are in danger of stumbling into an armed confrontation that, by mistake or miscalculation, could...
- Erdogan: Russian S-400S Delivery May Be Brought Forward President Tayyip Erdogan said the delivery of Russian S-400 missile defence systems may be brought forward from July, the Sabah newspaper reported on Wednesday, sticking to a purchase which has put Turkey...
- "Following Muller Report, US to Allegedly Fix Ties With Russia," Suren Sargsyan (EXCLUSIVE) Muller probe findings regarding Russian trace in 2016 US presidential elections have been released: no evidence of Russian engagement. ”Armedia” IAA talked to Suren Sargsyan, expert of international...
- Serbia Arrests Man Plotting to Assassinate Putin Serbian authorities have reportedly arrested a man suspected of planning to assassinate Russian President Vladimir Putin during his visit to the country later this week
Georgian Citizen of Armenian Origin Injured in Tbilisi Clashes
Egypt Says 7 Policemen Killed in Sinai Jihadist Attack
Awarding Ceremony in Connection With the 95th Anniversary of Formation of the Statistics System of Artsakh
Pompeo Meets Indian Leader Amid Trade Tensions
ANCA Welcomes Introduction of Sherman Amendment on Azerbaijan’s Threats to Shoot Down Civilian Aircraft
Macron Speaks to Rouhani to Try to Ease Mideast Tension
Arshavir Gharamyan Appointed Secretary of the Artsakh Republic Security Council
Brazil's Supreme Court Rejects Request to Free Ex-President Lula
U.S. Aims to Restart China Trade Talks, Will Not Accept Conditions on Tariff Use
Iraqi President Says will not Let US Attack Iran from His Territory
Stephanie Grisham to Replace Sarah Sanders As White House Press Secretary
North Korea Lashes Out at US 'Hostile Acts' As Trump Heads to Asia
Iran Foreign Minister Accuses US’ Bolton of Plotting For War
Pashinyan's Wife Attends Grand Opening of 2019 Fashion Forum Yerevan
San Francisco Becomes First US City to Ban e-Cigarettes
Trump Threatens 'Obliteration,' Iran Calls White House 'Mentally Retarded'
Armenian President, Kaspersky Lab’s CEO Discuss Cooperation Issues in Zurich
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Russia to Pay Fee to Council of Europe after Powers Are Restored
Venezuela's Former Spy Chief Says Maduro Could Yet Fall
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh
Trump’s New Immigration Plan’s Threats to Armenia
Karabakh: "Coercion to Peace" Gaining Ground Again
Artworks on Scarves: Exclusive Interview with “Artuyt” Founder Arevik Arakelyan
Artsakh Should Be Fully Involved in the Humanitarian Events: Expert
There is No Religion For Food, All Are Human Beings
What is the "Summit of Minds"
Wind: 11 km/h