Michael Pompeo Called on Putin and Poroshenko to Engage Directly
The US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has urged Presidents Poroshenko and Putin to engage directly to resolve the situation on the Kerch Strait accident.
The Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has issued a statement on this issue:
“The United States expresses its deep concern over the incident in the Black Sea that occurred November 25 as Ukrainian vessels attempted to transit through the Kerch Strait. Reports that Russian vessels rammed and fired on the Ukrainian ships, injuring Ukrainian crewmen, before seizing three vessels, represent a dangerous escalation and a violation of international law.
The United States condemns this aggressive Russian action. We call on Russia to return to Ukraine its vessels and detained crew members, and to respect Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders, extending to its territorial waters.
We call on both parties to exercise restraint and abide by their international obligations and commitments. We urge Presidents Poroshenko and Putin to engage directly to resolve this situation. In that regard, we reiterate our support for the Normandy Four format.
The United States supports Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders, extending to its territorial waters, as well as the right of its vessels to traverse international waters. As stated in our Crimea Declaration, the United States rejects Russia’s attempted annexation of Crimea.” was mentioned in the statement.
- Next Normandy Summit to be Held in Four Months, Macron Says "We are confident that this work on restoring peace and trust is very important," he stressed. Macron noted the significance of the discussion that "has finally been held seriously in the last three years.".
- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Says Normandy Summit's Draft Document "Not Very Ambitious" "To tell you the truth, the document is not very ambitious, but rather very cautious. At the moment, the document envisages emphasizing the achivements," the Evropeyskaya Pravada newspaper quoted Pristayko...
- Putin Discusses Syria, Ukraine with Merkel, Macron Special attention was paid to the prospects of establishing and launching the Constitutional Committee, including in view of the agreements reached at the quadrilateral (Russia-Turkey-Germany-France) summit...
- US not Discussing Military Response to Kerch Strait Incident — General "There is not a discussion ongoing right now in the military dimension in response to Sea of Azov. Obviously my job in uniform is to make sure that the President has options available, should he decide...
- President Poroshenko Holds Phone Conversation with Pompeo Secretary Michael R. Pompeo spoke on the phone with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko today to discuss a range of bilateral issues.
- Russian Government Resigns President Vladimir Putin thanked Dmitry Medvedev’s government for its work.
- Former Moscow Mayor Yury Luzhkov Dies Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, has died Tuesday at age 83, a source close to him told Interfax.
- House Majority Leader Hoyer Statement on Protests in Moscow I call on the Russian authorities to release political prisoners.
- Trump Says He will Meet Russia’s Putin at G-20 Summit Next Week In an interview on Fox News, Trump said he would hold meetings with Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping. Trump confirmed earlier this week he would be meeting with Xi.
- The Deep Chill in U.S.-Russian Relations is Stirring Concern The deep chill in U.S.-Russian relations is stirring concern in some quarters that Washington and Moscow are in danger of stumbling into an armed confrontation that, by mistake or miscalculation, could...
Ex-Interpol Chief Meng Hongwei Sentenced to 13 Years in Jail
Saudi Military Opens First Women’s section
Armen Sarkissian Participated at the Opening of the World Economic Forum in Davos
Venezuela Crisis: Pompeo Pledges More US Support for Guaidó
Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader
President of Artsakh Attends Meeting of Defense Army’s Military Council
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
American Singer-Songwriter David Olney Died on Stage
Because of Azerbaijani Opera Singer's Attitude Armenian Soprano Expects Apologies from Opera Organizers
Artsakh’s General Elections to Take Place on March 31, 2020
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
Armen Sarkissian in Zurich Met with Representatives of the French Thales Group
Axios: "Birth Tourism" is Trump's Next Immigration Target
Ex-NSS Chief’s Body had "No Signs of Violence" Other than Gunshot Wound, Authorities Say
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President of Artsakh Partook at a Solemn Event Devoted to the Day of the Judicial System Worker
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Armen Sarkissian will Participate at the 50th Annual Meeting in Davos
Arthur Aleksanyan Beats Azerbaijan Opponent in Final
Trump Says Good Relations with Russia, China are Beneficial for US
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
Armenia's Speaker of Parliament Visited Several North-Eastern Border Positions to Congratulate on New Year
Wind: 4 km/h