The Relations with Russia Need to be Developed and Raised to a New Level: Tigran Urikhanyan
Ahead of early parliamentary elections, which will take place on December 9, "Armedia" IAA presents series of exclusive interviews with the representatives of political forces participating in the elections on their foreign policy priorities.
"Armedia’’ IAA presents an exclusive interview with Tigran Urikhanyan, the President of "Alliance" party, nominated candidate by the "Prosperous Armenia" party.
- Mr Urikhanyan, what steps should be undertaken towards strengthening Armenia’s security?
- The RA participates in several international formats necessary for ensuring the country’s security. The first one is the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO): we need to reinforce and guarantee the full implementation of the member states’, more precisely the Organization’s responsibilities in our region, especially in the RA. We need to provide full responsibility in a full scale.
I don’t doubt that in case of any danger when we apply, the CSTO will fulfill its responsibilities definitely but it is necessary to increase our role, impact in the organization. Naturally, a diplomatic cooperation is supposed for this. This is first of all.
The second is a trivial thing about which speak everyone or at least who understands, Armenia must be economically stable, strong and developing in order to be able to ensure all the priorities that are necessary for the security. First of all it is the stable improvement of the society's living standards and secondly providing everything needed for the security, including armament acquisition.
And finally, it is the political and in a result the interconnected social-economic stability, etc.
- How do you see the development of bilateral relations between Armenia, Russia, the USA and the EU?
- As it proclaim both the current authorities and our political force, the relations with Russia need to be developed and, in my personal opinion, also need to be raised to a qualitively new level (which is possible) and concrete steps need to be done towards this, not only seek to.
The relations with other countries or international non-governmental organizations also must be developed in a comprehensive and multilateral way - not one at the expense of the other, but complementing each other.
- How do you see the development of Armenia's relations with the neighboring countries, particularly with Georgia and Iran?
- There is a simple truth – the mentioned countries are of very importance for our country as partners. We should use both the economic and transit opportunities and also the political and regional influence of these countries.
Naturally, the good-neighboring relations should be developed being strengthened and remaining stable on the economic basis.
- Do you consider it possible the normalization of Armenian-Turkish relations in the foreseeable future and what steps should be undertaken by the sides in this direction?
- In this context, I would like to say that we consider the neighbors first of all as neighboring people and naturally we would like to live with them consentaneous, in a peace forming an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust in the region. What is the real position of the current leaders of that people in this context, in particular both the republic of Azerbaijan and neighbor Turkey, it is other issue.
I hope that their authorities will undertake very concrete and real, but not declarative steps for ensuring joint activity, will lead their politics in a more peaceful, sustainable developing and solution-oriented way.
Do I consider it possible or not? Of course it is possible. In case of Turkey a demonstration of objectivity is necessary, rules backed by universal, logical and legal norms should act. Turkey sooner or later must accept that the game rules should first of all arise from humanitarian policy.
- The Early Parliamentary Elections' Final Results Resumed Today Head of the Central Electoral Commission Tigran Mukuchyan resumed today the final results of the early parliamentary elections held on 09 December.
- Iran Welcomes Armenian Parliamentary Elections The result of such election will be sign of democratic changes in this neighboring country, he said.
- Georgian President Congratulates Pashinyan over Impressive Victory of "My step" Block in Elections The Georgian President wished success to Nikol Pashinyan in the reform implementation in Armenia, and hoped that the friendly relations between Armenia and Georgia will further deepen.
- Democratic Elections were Held in Armenia: PACE observer group Aleksander Pociej, Head of the delegation from the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), said the 2018 peaceful, “velvet” revolution, in conjunction with the political will of the...
- President Sarkissian Addresses Nation on General Election At the same time, I would like to thank all parties and alliances which participated to the elections, as well as all citizens of Armenia who have expressed their position regarding the future of the country....
Alexander Lukashenko Has Congratulated Armenian Apostolic Church Leader on his Birthday
“We Consider you the Friend of Democracy in Armenia" - PM Holds Farewell Meeting with Piotr Switalski
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Artsakh Republic President Handed in the ''Anania Shirakatsi'' Medal to Famed Geologist from Russia Sergey Vardanyan
Serzh Sargsyan Congratulates His Holiness Garegin II on Birthday
OSCE Mission Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border Passed in Accordance with the Agreed Schedule
Sinquefield Cup: Aronyan Loses in Round 4 of Tournament
PM, RyanAir Representatives Discuss Prospects for Irish Carrier’s Involvement in Armenia
PM Nikol Pashinyan Extends Birthday Greetings to Catholicos of All Armenians
Serbia to Sign Free Trade Zone Agreement with EAEU on October 25
ARF-D offers referendum for the solution of Amulsar issue
Earthquake Hits Armenia
Armenia National Security Service uncovers embezzlement at MOD
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Uruguay’s President Says He Has Lung Cancer
Artsakh President Congratulates His Holiness Garegin II on Birthday
Government Discussed Potential Entry of Ryanair into Armenian Market
Honduras' Ex-First Lady Convicted of Fraud, Embezzlement
Less Water Released from Lake Sevan This Year: Nikol Pashinyan
Venezuelan Leader Nicolás Maduro Confirms Months of Secret US Talks
He Will Be Great: Trump Congratulates Boris Johnson on Becoming UK's New PM
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
Our Strength Comes From our Ideas, Country’s Leaders and Country’s Rating: Security Council Secretary
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Speech at the Meeting with the Armenian Community of Australia
In Uruguay Garo Paylan Together with His Party Colleague Paid Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border more than 65 Times
Wind: 12 km/h