The Relations with Russia Need to be Developed and Raised to a New Level: Tigran Urikhanyan
Ahead of early parliamentary elections, which will take place on December 9, "Armedia" IAA presents series of exclusive interviews with the representatives of political forces participating in the elections on their foreign policy priorities.
"Armedia’’ IAA presents an exclusive interview with Tigran Urikhanyan, the President of "Alliance" party, nominated candidate by the "Prosperous Armenia" party.
- Mr Urikhanyan, what steps should be undertaken towards strengthening Armenia’s security?
- The RA participates in several international formats necessary for ensuring the country’s security. The first one is the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO): we need to reinforce and guarantee the full implementation of the member states’, more precisely the Organization’s responsibilities in our region, especially in the RA. We need to provide full responsibility in a full scale.
I don’t doubt that in case of any danger when we apply, the CSTO will fulfill its responsibilities definitely but it is necessary to increase our role, impact in the organization. Naturally, a diplomatic cooperation is supposed for this. This is first of all.
The second is a trivial thing about which speak everyone or at least who understands, Armenia must be economically stable, strong and developing in order to be able to ensure all the priorities that are necessary for the security. First of all it is the stable improvement of the society's living standards and secondly providing everything needed for the security, including armament acquisition.
And finally, it is the political and in a result the interconnected social-economic stability, etc.
- How do you see the development of bilateral relations between Armenia, Russia, the USA and the EU?
- As it proclaim both the current authorities and our political force, the relations with Russia need to be developed and, in my personal opinion, also need to be raised to a qualitively new level (which is possible) and concrete steps need to be done towards this, not only seek to.
The relations with other countries or international non-governmental organizations also must be developed in a comprehensive and multilateral way - not one at the expense of the other, but complementing each other.
- How do you see the development of Armenia's relations with the neighboring countries, particularly with Georgia and Iran?
- There is a simple truth – the mentioned countries are of very importance for our country as partners. We should use both the economic and transit opportunities and also the political and regional influence of these countries.
Naturally, the good-neighboring relations should be developed being strengthened and remaining stable on the economic basis.
- Do you consider it possible the normalization of Armenian-Turkish relations in the foreseeable future and what steps should be undertaken by the sides in this direction?
- In this context, I would like to say that we consider the neighbors first of all as neighboring people and naturally we would like to live with them consentaneous, in a peace forming an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust in the region. What is the real position of the current leaders of that people in this context, in particular both the republic of Azerbaijan and neighbor Turkey, it is other issue.
I hope that their authorities will undertake very concrete and real, but not declarative steps for ensuring joint activity, will lead their politics in a more peaceful, sustainable developing and solution-oriented way.
Do I consider it possible or not? Of course it is possible. In case of Turkey a demonstration of objectivity is necessary, rules backed by universal, logical and legal norms should act. Turkey sooner or later must accept that the game rules should first of all arise from humanitarian policy.
- The Early Parliamentary Elections' Final Results Resumed Today Head of the Central Electoral Commission Tigran Mukuchyan resumed today the final results of the early parliamentary elections held on 09 December.
- Iran Welcomes Armenian Parliamentary Elections The result of such election will be sign of democratic changes in this neighboring country, he said.
- Georgian President Congratulates Pashinyan over Impressive Victory of "My step" Block in Elections The Georgian President wished success to Nikol Pashinyan in the reform implementation in Armenia, and hoped that the friendly relations between Armenia and Georgia will further deepen.
- Democratic Elections were Held in Armenia: PACE observer group Aleksander Pociej, Head of the delegation from the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), said the 2018 peaceful, “velvet” revolution, in conjunction with the political will of the...
- President Sarkissian Addresses Nation on General Election At the same time, I would like to thank all parties and alliances which participated to the elections, as well as all citizens of Armenia who have expressed their position regarding the future of the country....
Armenia Records 31969 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Comment by the Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on Changing the Status of Hagia Sophia by the Decision of the Turkish Authorities
Armenian High-Tech Industry Minister and US Envoy Discuss Cooperation Issues
The new Stepanakert Substation of 110/35/10 kW Capability Will Be Put Into Commission in 2021
Armenia Presents 2nd UN SDGs Voluntary National Review Report
Emergency Situation is Extended in Artsakh
Defense Army Denies Azerbaijani Media Report
Azerbaijan Made Over 150 Ceasefire Violations at Artsakh Line of Contact
Resident Sarkissian Visits Gandzasar Monastery in Artsakh (Video)
Artsakh President: Turkish Authorities Reaffirm their Xenophobic Behavior Towards Civilizations
Erdogan Calls on Everyone to Respect Turkey's Decision
Armenia Records 31392 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Commemoration of Christ’s twelve Apostles and Thirteenth Apostle - St. Paul
Artsakh Republic President Met with Armenian Former Defense Minister
US House Panel Implicitly Backs Artsakh Aid
Garo Paylan on Turkish Government's Decision to Convert Hagia Sophia into Mosque
Armenia’s President Met with Artsakh's Ex-President
PM Addresses Security Council with a Message on National Security Strategy
Turkish Council of State Reverses Decree of Hagia Sophia’s Museum Status
President Armen Sarkissian Met with the President of Artsakh Araik Harutyunian
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
Anouch Toraninan Elected Head of 15th Arrondissement of Paris
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
The Authorities of the Republic of Artsakh Confirm Their Determination to Seek the Restoration of the Territorial Integrity of the Republic: Artsakh MFA
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Armenian Woman is Elected Mayor of France’s Strasbourg
Wind: 3 km/h