The Relations with Russia Need to be Developed and Raised to a New Level: Tigran Urikhanyan
Ahead of early parliamentary elections, which will take place on December 9, "Armedia" IAA presents series of exclusive interviews with the representatives of political forces participating in the elections on their foreign policy priorities.
"Armedia’’ IAA presents an exclusive interview with Tigran Urikhanyan, the President of "Alliance" party, nominated candidate by the "Prosperous Armenia" party.
- Mr Urikhanyan, what steps should be undertaken towards strengthening Armenia’s security?
- The RA participates in several international formats necessary for ensuring the country’s security. The first one is the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO): we need to reinforce and guarantee the full implementation of the member states’, more precisely the Organization’s responsibilities in our region, especially in the RA. We need to provide full responsibility in a full scale.
I don’t doubt that in case of any danger when we apply, the CSTO will fulfill its responsibilities definitely but it is necessary to increase our role, impact in the organization. Naturally, a diplomatic cooperation is supposed for this. This is first of all.
The second is a trivial thing about which speak everyone or at least who understands, Armenia must be economically stable, strong and developing in order to be able to ensure all the priorities that are necessary for the security. First of all it is the stable improvement of the society's living standards and secondly providing everything needed for the security, including armament acquisition.
And finally, it is the political and in a result the interconnected social-economic stability, etc.
- How do you see the development of bilateral relations between Armenia, Russia, the USA and the EU?
- As it proclaim both the current authorities and our political force, the relations with Russia need to be developed and, in my personal opinion, also need to be raised to a qualitively new level (which is possible) and concrete steps need to be done towards this, not only seek to.
The relations with other countries or international non-governmental organizations also must be developed in a comprehensive and multilateral way - not one at the expense of the other, but complementing each other.
- How do you see the development of Armenia's relations with the neighboring countries, particularly with Georgia and Iran?
- There is a simple truth – the mentioned countries are of very importance for our country as partners. We should use both the economic and transit opportunities and also the political and regional influence of these countries.
Naturally, the good-neighboring relations should be developed being strengthened and remaining stable on the economic basis.
- Do you consider it possible the normalization of Armenian-Turkish relations in the foreseeable future and what steps should be undertaken by the sides in this direction?
- In this context, I would like to say that we consider the neighbors first of all as neighboring people and naturally we would like to live with them consentaneous, in a peace forming an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust in the region. What is the real position of the current leaders of that people in this context, in particular both the republic of Azerbaijan and neighbor Turkey, it is other issue.
I hope that their authorities will undertake very concrete and real, but not declarative steps for ensuring joint activity, will lead their politics in a more peaceful, sustainable developing and solution-oriented way.
Do I consider it possible or not? Of course it is possible. In case of Turkey a demonstration of objectivity is necessary, rules backed by universal, logical and legal norms should act. Turkey sooner or later must accept that the game rules should first of all arise from humanitarian policy.
- The Early Parliamentary Elections' Final Results Resumed Today Head of the Central Electoral Commission Tigran Mukuchyan resumed today the final results of the early parliamentary elections held on 09 December.
- Iran Welcomes Armenian Parliamentary Elections The result of such election will be sign of democratic changes in this neighboring country, he said.
- Georgian President Congratulates Pashinyan over Impressive Victory of "My step" Block in Elections The Georgian President wished success to Nikol Pashinyan in the reform implementation in Armenia, and hoped that the friendly relations between Armenia and Georgia will further deepen.
- Democratic Elections were Held in Armenia: PACE observer group Aleksander Pociej, Head of the delegation from the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), said the 2018 peaceful, “velvet” revolution, in conjunction with the political will of the...
- President Sarkissian Addresses Nation on General Election At the same time, I would like to thank all parties and alliances which participated to the elections, as well as all citizens of Armenia who have expressed their position regarding the future of the country....
Armenian Ombudsman: Azerbaijan Artificially Delays the Process of Exchanging PoWs and the Bodies of Killed
Armenian and Azerbaijani Sides Hand Over Lists of Prisoners to Red Cross
Russian Planes to Soon Land in Stepanakert Airport – Source
Russian Peacekeepers Help Find, Return Two Karabakh Residents
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Pashinyan Reaffirms Armenia’s Readiness for Close Cooperation towards EAEU Development
UEFA Competition Matches Ban Be Played in Armenia and Azerbaijan
Armenia Welcomes Resolution on the Need for the Recognition of the Nagorno-Karabakh, Adopts by French National Assembly
Azerbaijan Summons Ambassador Over France's Nagorno-Karabakh Vote
Pashinyan Highlights Lifting Ban on Entry of Armenian Citizens to EAEU States
Lavrov, Guterres Discuss Solution of Humanitarian Problems in Nagorno Karabakh
Armenia Records 139692 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Roads are Mainly Open in the Republic of Armenia
Armenians of Nagorno-Karabakh Cannot Be Placed under the Jurisdiction of Azerbaijan: Armenia's FM
US Calls on Armenia and Azerbaijan to Resume Work with the OSCE Minsk Group
French National Assembly Adopts Resolution on Urgent Need to Recognize Nagorno Karabakh
OSEC Minsk Group Calls for Full and Prompt Departure from the Nagorno Karabakh Region of All Foreign Mercenaries
Ararat Mirzoyan Met With The Head Of The Constitutional Court
"Bright Armenia" Will Nominate Edmon Marukyan For The Post Of The Prime-Minister
Heads Of The Diplomatic Missions And Representatives Of International Organizations Dicussed Situation In Artsakh
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Aurora Humanitarian Aid Projects for Artsakh Announced
Kim Kardashian on New Initiative for Children of Artsakh
Wind: 3 km/h