Trump Wants to Send Americans Back to the Moon by 2024
U.S. Vice President Mike Pence announced on Tuesday an accelerated goal of putting Americans back on the moon within five years "by any means necessary," and NASA’s top official immediately embraced the challenge, Reuters reports.
Pence, chairing a meeting of the National Space Council at NASA’s Marshall Spaceflight Center in Huntsville, Alabama, borrowed from the vocabulary of the Cold War era in declaring, "We’re in a space race today, just as we were in the 1960s."
The drive to reach the moon reflects President Donald Trump’s desire to champion a bold new national objective as he mounts a re-election bid, while also seeking to counter the potential space weaponry capabilities of Russia and China.
NASA had previously aimed to return astronauts to the lunar surface by the year 2028, after first putting a "Gateway" station in orbit around the moon by 2024.
- US Committed to Helping Armenia and Azerbaijan Resolve Issues Peacefully: Blinken Spoke With Pashinyan The Secretary reiterated our commitment to helping Armenia and Azerbaijan resolve issues peacefully.
- Iran to Submit Final Conclusion Over Nuclear Deal Revival by Midnight In comments on Monday, Amirabdollahian said Iran is going to send its final conclusion about the JCPOA talks to the European coordinator in written form at midnight.
- Erdogan, Biden Might Meet in September- Media Turkey plans to buy 40 F-16 fighter jets from the US and upgrade another eighty. US President Joe Biden stated that he expects to receive the approval of the [US] Congress to sell F-16 fighter jets to...
- The United States Announced Its Readiness For a Dialogue With Russia on the Future of Arms Control We are ready to resume dialogue with Russia to shape the future of modern arms control if Russia is ready to act in good faith.
- Biden’s Nominee For U.S. Ambassador to Armenia Sent to Senate Kristina Kvien arrived at U.S. Embassy Kyiv in May 2019. From 2016 – April 2019, she served as Acting DCM/Minister Counselor for Economic Affairs at U.S. Embassy Paris.
Ararat Mirzoyan Meet With the IAEA Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi
Greece Strongly Condemns Execution of Armenian POWs by Azerbaijani Forces
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Ensuring Armenia’s security is among Russia’s priorities, says Ambassador Kopyrkin
Armenian Prime Minister Receives IAEA Director General
UNCTAD Warns of Policy-Induced Global Recession
Parliament Majority Leader Calls on US Congressmen to Continue Pressuring Azerbaijan to Suppress Aggression
Artsakh President Offers Ruben Vardanyan to Become State Minister
Catholicos Garegin II to hold separate discussions with former presidents of Armenia and Artsakh
NA President’s Statement on Resignation Letter of RA NA Deputy Vahagn Hovakimyan
France Calls for Releasing all Armenian Prisoners Who are Still Detained
National Assembly Begins Work of Regular Sittings
"Perpetrators of Violence Must be Held to Account" – Canadian FM
IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi to Visit Armenia
At NATO headquarters, Secretary of Armenia’s Security Council talks about Azerbaijani war crimes
US State Department calls for an investigation into the execution of Armenian prisoners by Azerbaijani soldiers
The British Embassy in Armenia is Horrified by the Footage of the Killing of Armenian POWs by Azerbaijani Armed Forces
Ter-Petrosyan's Comparison of Zurich Protocols and Possible Armenian-Turkish Peace Treaty is Inappropriate
Azerbaijani army opened fire from mortars and large-caliber rifles in the direction of Armenian positions
The President of the Artsakh Republic convened an extended sitting of the Security Council
Azerbaijan Returns Five POWs to Armenian Side
Azeri Propaganda Spreads Fake Videos, Old Gootage From 2020 War
Mutual recognition of territorial integrity must be basis of peace treaty: Pashinyan
EU Condemns Russian Annexation, will Never Accept "Illegal" Referendums
Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Iran
Erdogan and Pashinyan may meet soon: Rubinyan
Zelensky says ready for dialogue with Russia, but not with Putin
Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary General António Guterres
Armenia’s Security Council Secretary holds meetings at CIA headquarters
Latest Events on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Have Nothing to Do with Karabakh: Putin
Wind: 1.54 km/h