Impunity that Followed the Armenian Genocide, had Opened Doors For Other Grave Crimes Against Humanity and Genocides: Armen Sarkissian
President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian has addressed a message on the occasion of the 104th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide. The message reads, in part:
April 24 is the day to remember the innocent victims of the Armenian Genocide masterminded and perpetrated in the Ottoman Turkey on the state level.
It is the day to recall once again the tragedy of our compatriots who had suffered ferocities and had been expelled from the land of their ancestors, to remind of our lost spiritual, material, and cultural assets, to tell the world once again about the Genocide - the most hideous crime against humanity, and to call for soberness and the fight against denial.
For us, April 24 is the day of lamentation but also the day of revival.
Impunity that followed the Armenian Genocide, had opened doors for other grave crimes against humanity and genocides: Remember Holocaust, tragedies in Cambodia and Rwanda.
It must become a lesson of vigilance for us all. International recognition and condemnation of this horrendous crime against humanity should become an important step in preventing its reoccurrence anywhere in the world.
We express our gratitude to all countries, international structures, and organizations, spiritual and political leaders, representatives of cultural, academic, and scientific circles who state their solidarity with the Armenian people, recognize and condemn the Armenian Genocide.
We bow today to the memory of the innocent victims, but at the same time we manifest our unbreakable resolve to survive and to rebuild our Fatherland.
We, the generations of the survivors, have a duty to unite around our national aspirations, to remain true to our national identity and values, to boost the creative abilities of the nation, to build a modern, dynamically developing Armenia, which will be a source of pride for Armenians all over the world, able to defend the eternal rights of the Armenian people".
- Armenian Genocide Museum to Open In Buenos Aires The property is located on Gurruchaga Street, very close to heart of the Armenian community in the suburb of Palermo.
- Vigorous Discussions in the Arab World Over Recognizing the Armenian Genocide The United Arab Emirates is going to recognize the Armenian genocide, «al-Akhbar» daily reports referring to its sources in the UAE diplomatic circles.
- 9th Circuit Panel on Seeking Reparations for Land Sized by Turkey During the 1915 Armenian Genocide At issue before the panel is whether the court can make a determination on international war crimes policy and whether or not the statute of limitations has expired for families of victims seeking reparations...
- Canadian Armenian Genocide survivor Sirvard Kurdian dies aged 106 In 1991 Sirvard moved with her family to Canada.
- Australian Parliament to Debate Armenian Genocide for First Time The Motion has been supported by Members of the Coalition government as well as the Australian Labor Party, led by the Co-Chairs of the Australia-Armenia Inter-Parliamentary Union Friendship Group Co-Chairs,...
Meeting with President of the Russian Dance Union Stanislaw Popov
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia: the Air Temperature will Go Down
Millions of Barrels of Iranian Oil Are Piled Up in China’s Ports
"The Authority of Each Officer Should be Much Greater than that of His Epaulettes"- Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Graduates of Military Educational Institutions
Israel Begins Demolishing Palestinian Homes near Separation Wall
Ararat Mirzoyan Meets with Representatives of the Armenian Community of Boston
Cooperation of EU and Armenia Is On the Right Track – Ambassador Świtalski
Armenian Defense Minister Doesn’t See Anything to Worry About Border Situation
U.N. Nuclear Watchdog Chief Amano Dies Aged 72
EU Preps Aid for Ireland to Soften a No-Deal Brexit
Iran Says Breaks up CIA Spy Ring, Some Sentenced to Death
Decrees Appointing Deputy Heads of the Artsakh Republic Investigation Committee
Nepal and India Floods Leave Many Dead
President of Artsakh Attends Final of International Sport Dance Contest-Festival in Stepanakert
Pashinyan: Talented Generals Win Without War
Ukraine Election: Zelensky's Party Set to Win Big in Parliamentary Vote
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Snap Parliamentary Elections Going On Today in Ukraine
Body of Serviceman Found at Military Position
Either President of Constitutional Court Must Step Down or Constitutional Reforms Possible: Lena Nazaryan
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
Insight From Yerevan: Outcomes of Armenia And Azerbaijan FM Meeting
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
Artsakh’s Foreign Ministry Welcome the Adoption of the Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of the US House of Representatives
President of Artsakh Visited the Construction Site of a New Residential Community in Capital Stepanakert
Armenian Speaker of Parliament Meets with President of the House of Representatives of Cyprus Demetris Syllouris
Wind: 14 km/h