''Today, We Commemorate the Meds Yeghern''- Donald Trump
U.S. President Donald Trump has issued a statement on April 24th, the Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day, but once again refused to use the term ''genocide''.
''Today, we commemorate the Meds Yeghern and honor the memory of those who suffered in one of the worst mass atrocities of the 20th century. Beginning in 1915, one and a half million Armenians were deported, massacred, or marched to their deaths in the final years of the Ottoman Empire. On this day of remembrance, we again join the Armenian community in America and around the world in mourning the many lives lost.
On this day, we also honor and recognize the work of those who tried to end the violence, as well as those who sought to ensure atrocities like this would not be repeated, like human rights activist and lawyer Raphael Lemkin. We recall the contributions of generous Americans who helped save lives and rebuild Armenian communities. As we honor the memory of those who suffered, we also draw inspiration from the courage and resiliency of the Armenian people who, in the face of tremendous adversity, built vibrant communities around the world, including in the United States.
We pledge to learn from past tragedies so as to not to repeat them. We welcome the efforts of Armenians and Turks to acknowledge and reckon with their painful history. And we stand with the Armenian people in recalling the lives lost during the Meds Yeghern and reaffirm our commitment to a more peaceful world''.
- Trump to Discuss Turkey With GOP Senators at White House Next Week Citing two officials familiar with the matter, the report noted that the meeting, which will address "Turkey sanctions," will take place at 4 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Judge Orders Social-Media Silence for Roger Stone If Stone continues to post on social media after today, he could be found in contempt of court and face jail time.
- Boris Johnson to Seek Trump Trade Deal in First Move as Leader The key to the whole thing is the US.
- Trump Aides Pick Sanctions to Punish Turkey for Russian Missiles The administration chose one of three sets of actions
- Man Dies as Police Shootout Follows Firebomb Attack on Immigration Centre: USA The detention centre has also held immigration-seeking parents separated from their children under Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy, an effort meant to deter illegal immigration.
- Magnifier: The Emphasis of the International Recognition of the Armenian Genocide “Magnifier” deals with the international recognition and condemnation of the Armenian Genocide.
- INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey’s Genocide Policy “Insight from Yerevan: Planet” hosts Ruben Safrastyan, head of RA NAS Oriental Institute, Turkologist, to discuss the recognition process of the Armenian Genocide and the Turkish policy over the issue.
- Garo Paylan Calls on the Turkish Parliament to Hold Parliamentary Discussion on Armenian Genocide Although the losses of 1915 cannot be returned, but from the view of living together, accepting the pains created inside the memory of the society and working on improving one another are valuable.
- This Is a Cut-and-Paste Policy, Set in Ankara by Turkish Dictators: ANCA Slams Trump over Failure to Condemn Genocide The Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) commented upon the official statement of the US President Donald Trump on Armenian Genocide.
- French Ambassador Tweeted On The Occasion Of The Armenian Genocide On April 24, French Ambassador to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte tweeted on the occasion of the 104th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.
Meeting with President of the Russian Dance Union Stanislaw Popov
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia: the Air Temperature will Go Down
Millions of Barrels of Iranian Oil Are Piled Up in China’s Ports
"The Authority of Each Officer Should be Much Greater than that of His Epaulettes"- Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Graduates of Military Educational Institutions
Israel Begins Demolishing Palestinian Homes near Separation Wall
Ararat Mirzoyan Meets with Representatives of the Armenian Community of Boston
Cooperation of EU and Armenia Is On the Right Track – Ambassador Świtalski
Armenian Defense Minister Doesn’t See Anything to Worry About Border Situation
U.N. Nuclear Watchdog Chief Amano Dies Aged 72
EU Preps Aid for Ireland to Soften a No-Deal Brexit
Iran Says Breaks up CIA Spy Ring, Some Sentenced to Death
Decrees Appointing Deputy Heads of the Artsakh Republic Investigation Committee
Nepal and India Floods Leave Many Dead
President of Artsakh Attends Final of International Sport Dance Contest-Festival in Stepanakert
Pashinyan: Talented Generals Win Without War
Ukraine Election: Zelensky's Party Set to Win Big in Parliamentary Vote
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Snap Parliamentary Elections Going On Today in Ukraine
Body of Serviceman Found at Military Position
Either President of Constitutional Court Must Step Down or Constitutional Reforms Possible: Lena Nazaryan
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
Insight From Yerevan: Outcomes of Armenia And Azerbaijan FM Meeting
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
Artsakh’s Foreign Ministry Welcome the Adoption of the Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of the US House of Representatives
President of Artsakh Visited the Construction Site of a New Residential Community in Capital Stepanakert
Armenian Speaker of Parliament Meets with President of the House of Representatives of Cyprus Demetris Syllouris
Wind: 14 km/h