''Today, We Commemorate the Meds Yeghern''- Donald Trump
U.S. President Donald Trump has issued a statement on April 24th, the Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day, but once again refused to use the term ''genocide''.
''Today, we commemorate the Meds Yeghern and honor the memory of those who suffered in one of the worst mass atrocities of the 20th century. Beginning in 1915, one and a half million Armenians were deported, massacred, or marched to their deaths in the final years of the Ottoman Empire. On this day of remembrance, we again join the Armenian community in America and around the world in mourning the many lives lost.
On this day, we also honor and recognize the work of those who tried to end the violence, as well as those who sought to ensure atrocities like this would not be repeated, like human rights activist and lawyer Raphael Lemkin. We recall the contributions of generous Americans who helped save lives and rebuild Armenian communities. As we honor the memory of those who suffered, we also draw inspiration from the courage and resiliency of the Armenian people who, in the face of tremendous adversity, built vibrant communities around the world, including in the United States.
We pledge to learn from past tragedies so as to not to repeat them. We welcome the efforts of Armenians and Turks to acknowledge and reckon with their painful history. And we stand with the Armenian people in recalling the lives lost during the Meds Yeghern and reaffirm our commitment to a more peaceful world''.
- China's Got Its Own Anti-U.S. Trade War Song This privately-produced song has more than 100,000 views on WeChat and is just one of many signs of brewing anti-American sentiment on Chinese social media as trade talks falter.
- Suspension of Turkey’s NATO Membership is Not Realistic in the Near Future The US and NATO have been against the purchase of Russian S -400 "Triumph" anti-aircraft systems since December 2017, the signing of the respective Turkey-Russia agreement.
- Four Officers in Trump Motorcade Involved in Crash Four police officers traveling in President Trump’s motorcade were involved in a crash on Tuesday in Louisiana.
- Trump to Nominate Patrick Shanahan as Pentagon Chief Shanahan had been under investigation by the Pentagon inspector general for allegedly seeking preferential treatment of Boeing while at the Defense Department but he was cleared of wrongdoing in April....
- A New Version Of The Mueller Report Has Been Released This new version of the report clearly states which information was withheld because it would interfere with ongoing law enforcement proceedings, which "would disclose techniques and procedures for law...
- Magnifier: The Emphasis of the International Recognition of the Armenian Genocide “Magnifier” deals with the international recognition and condemnation of the Armenian Genocide.
- INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey’s Genocide Policy “Insight from Yerevan: Planet” hosts Ruben Safrastyan, head of RA NAS Oriental Institute, Turkologist, to discuss the recognition process of the Armenian Genocide and the Turkish policy over the issue.
- Garo Paylan Calls on the Turkish Parliament to Hold Parliamentary Discussion on Armenian Genocide Although the losses of 1915 cannot be returned, but from the view of living together, accepting the pains created inside the memory of the society and working on improving one another are valuable.
- This Is a Cut-and-Paste Policy, Set in Ankara by Turkish Dictators: ANCA Slams Trump over Failure to Condemn Genocide The Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) commented upon the official statement of the US President Donald Trump on Armenian Genocide.
- French Ambassador Tweeted On The Occasion Of The Armenian Genocide On April 24, French Ambassador to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte tweeted on the occasion of the 104th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.
UEFA Rules Block Arsenal's Plans to Show Support For Henrikh Mkhitaryan During the Europa League Final
"Armenians Have a Dream of a Complete And United Homeland:" Aram I, Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan received China’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and State Councilor Wang Yi.
New Church Attack in Burkina Faso
European Elections 2019: Power Blocs Lose Grip on Parliament
Trump Says He Backs Japan's Efforts to Talk With Iran
President of Armenia Congratulated President of Georgia
Ambassador Switalski Attended Nordic Walking in Yerevan
PM Pashinyan Sent Congratulatory Message to Georgian PM Bakhtadze
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China Arrived in Yerevan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Donald Trump Arrived in Tokyo
Thousands Protest in Algeria, Renew Call to Postpone July Vote
Nikol Pashinyan has sent a congratulatory message to King Abdullah II of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan on Jordan’s Independence Day
MFA of Armenia: Azerbaijan Had an Opportunity to Show How Real It Is to Prepare the People for Peace
Defense Ministry of Artsakh Summed up the Border Situation
Meetings of Artsakh Deputy Foreign Minister Armine Alexanyan in California
US to Send More Troops to the Middle East
Murray Gell-Mann, Who Peered at Particles and Saw the Universe, Dies at 89
Armenian “Zinar” And Russian “Voentorg” Companies Sign Memorandum of Cooperation
Nubar Pasha, Armenian, the First Prime Minister of Egypt
Anna Kazanjian Longobardo, Armenian, Designer of the American Missile Navigation System
INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey’s Genocide Policy
Erdogan Follows the Footsteps of His Criminal Ancestors
"During its EAEU Presidency, Armenia will Make Every Effort to Back the Positive Dynamics of Integration" - Eurasian Intergovernmental Council Meets in Yerevan
Liberation of Shushi: The Turning Point of the “Wedding in the Mountains”
Istanbul Mayor’s Office, a Matter of Life and Death For Erdogan
Risky-For-Us Issues Discussed at EEU Inter-Governmental Board Session
Saudi Ambassador to US Promises to Uphold Resolution Recognizing Armenian Genocide
Trilateral Ceasefire Agreement Signed Between NKR, Armenia and Azerbaijan: 25 Years Have Passed
Wind: 8 km/h