Washington Gives Ankara Two Weeks to Abandon S 400 Deal
Turkey has a little more than two weeks to decide whether to complete a complex arms deal with the U.S. or risk severe penalties by going through with an agreement to buy a missile system from Russia, according to multiple people familiar with the matter, CNBC reports.
By the end of the first week of June, Turkey must cancel a multibillion-dollar deal with Russia and instead buy Raytheon’s U.S.-made Patriot missile defense system — or face removal from Lockheed Martin’s F-35 program, forfeiture of 100 promised F-35 jets, imposition of U.S. sanctions and potential blowback from NATO.
As it stands now, the U.S. State Department’s current offer is the final one, multiple sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity told CNBC when asked whether the deadline had room for more extensions.
- Trump to Discuss Turkey With GOP Senators at White House Next Week Citing two officials familiar with the matter, the report noted that the meeting, which will address "Turkey sanctions," will take place at 4 p.m. on Tuesday.
- EU Agrees Sanctions Against Turkey for Drilling off Cyprus The EU last month warned Turkey it could face sanctions if it did not cease what the bloc called "illegal" drilling in Cyprus's exclusive economic zone.
- Trump Aides Pick Sanctions to Punish Turkey for Russian Missiles The administration chose one of three sets of actions
- First Shipment of Russian S-400 Systems Delivered to Turkey "The delivery of parts belonging to the system will continue in the coming days," Turkey's defence industry directorate said separately.
- US Urges Turkey to Stop Oil Drilling Off Cyprus There has been no comment so far from Turkey which sent a drilling ship to the Mediterranean off Cyprus Monday, sparking a protest by the Greek Cypriots.
Head of Labor Party Accuses Trump of Seizing UK Tanker By Iran
Trump to Discuss Turkey With GOP Senators at White House Next Week
Saudi King Approves Hosting U.S. Troops to Enhance Regional Security: SPA
Netanyahu Officially Makes Israeli History as Longest-Serving Prime Minister
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia: the Air Temperature Will Go up by 3-4 Degrees
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border about 95 Times
UK 'Deeply Concerned' Over Tanker Seizure
Commemoration of Christ’s twelve Apostles and thirteenth Apostle - St. Paul
'Operation Sentinel': US Develops Operation to Protect Shipping in the Middle East
President of Artsakh was Present at an Opening of the Gallery of Sculptures and "The Sky of Artsakh" photo exhibition in Shoushi
"This is the Reform that We Expect to Yield Concrete Results” - PM Holds Consultation on the Concept of Ministry of High-Tech Industry Activities
President Armen Sarkissian Held a Farewell Meeting with the Ambassador of Argentine to Armenia
Ararat Mirzoyan Meets with His Colleague of Georgian Parliament
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Turkish Military Conducts Airstrikes in Northern Iraq
Ararat Mirzoyan Meets with the U.S. Members of Congress
After Shaking Episodes, Germany's Merkel Says She Is Fit for Work
Israel, Bahrain foreign ministers hold first public meeting in US
President of Artsakh Received the Delegation of the Commission Regulating Public Services of Armenia
Preventing Mass Atrocities Against Members of Religious Groups is Absolute Priority For Armenia - FM
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
Insight From Yerevan: Outcomes of Armenia And Azerbaijan FM Meeting
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
Artsakh’s Foreign Ministry Welcome the Adoption of the Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of the US House of Representatives
PM: "Our Will Is Unshakable and Our Hand Will Not Flinch Against Those Who Try to Revive the Methods of Violence in the Republic of Armenia"
Wind: 12 km/h