Turkey Stockpiles Crucial Weapons Parts, Anticipating U.S. Sanctions
Turkey, girding for the worst despite encouraging messages from President Donald Trump, has stockpiled crucial spare parts for American-made weapons in case Congress sanctions it over a contentious Russian missile purchase, Bloomberg reports.
It’s unclear when the stockpiling decision was first taken, but Turkish officials say the preparations were made in anticipation of possible U.S. embargoes. The U.S. has been threatening sanctions against Turkey since 2018, after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan decided to buy the Russian S-400 missile-defense system, a competitor to American-made Patriots.
- Artsakh MFA: the Statement of the MFA of Turkey Another Example of Ankara’s Biased Position Turkey’s opinion on this issue fully coincides with the viewpoint of Azerbaijan. By unconditionally supporting Azerbaijan and making statements that undermine efforts of the international mediators,...
- Erdoğan in Talks with European Leaders Over Refugee Cash for Turkey In a phone call on Tuesday between the French president, Emmanuel Macron, the British prime minister, Boris Johnson, the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, and Erdoğan, the leaders discussed the possibility...
- US Asks Turkey to Guarantee S-400 Systems Won't Come into Operation — Erdogan The Turkish president said on March 6, however, that Turkey would start deploying S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems in April.
- EU "Strongly Rejects" Turkey’s "Use" of Migrants at Border "The EU and its member states remain determined to effectively protect EU’s external borders," the ministers wrote in the statement.
- Erdogan Expects Ceasefire to be Declared in Idlib Following Moscow Talks Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov was hopeful earlier on Wednesday that talks between Presidents Vladimir Putin of Russia and Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, scheduled for March 5, would make it possible...
PM to Keep in Spotlight Capital Programs
Eduardo Eurnekian to Provide Armenia Government $250,000 to Help Fight Coronavirus
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Oil Falls After Saudi Arabia, Russia Delay Meeting
People Must Apply Until Monday 11:59pm for Customs Clearance of Cars Purchased in 2019 but not Imported to Armenia
PM Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
Reuters: UK PM Johnson will Continue to Lead Government, Housing Minister Jenrick Says
Fitch Revises Outlook on Armenia to Negative; Affirms at 'BB-'
The Indian Express: Statue of Unity Put Up "For Sale" on OLX for COVID-19 Donations
Larsi Highway Is Open Only For Trucks
BBC: PM Admitted to Hospital Over Virus Symptoms
Azerbaijan Violates Ceasefire, Wounds Artsakh Defense Army Soldier
Guardian: Ireland's PM Returns to Medical Practice to Help in Coronavirus Crisis
BBC: Tiger at Bronx Zoo Tests Positive For Covid-19
Armenia Records 833 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Trump Threatens Tariffs on Oil Imports
France24: Japan Expected to Declare State of Emergency Over Coronavirus
CNN: Pope Francis Celebrated Palm Sunday Mass in an Empty Church
30 Armenian Citizens Arrived From the Netherlands
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Catholicos Aram I Held Phone Talk with Noubar Afeyan over Coronavirus Vaccine
PACE Rapporteur: I Am Astonished And Appalled By The Azerbaijani Government’s Shameful Exploitation Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
Baku’s Refusal of the Illusions of Restoring Its ''Territorial Integrity'' Will Help to Proceed with the Peace Process: Artsakh MFA
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the military incident at the Armenian-Azerbaijani border
Opening Armenia’s Embassy in Tel Aviv Contradicts with Interests of Palestinian Nation: Hossein Amir-Abdollahian
Wind: 6 km/h