Serbia to Sign Free Trade Zone Agreement with EAEU on October 25
The agreement on a free trade zone between the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) and Serbia will be signed on October 25, Russian ambassador to Serbia, Alexander Botsan-Kharchenko wrote on Twitter, TASS reports.
"On October 25, an agreement is expected to be signed on a free trade zone between Serbia and the Eurasian Economic Union. This is a significant event, the media are paying due attention to it. The EAEU is an effective, up-to-date integration project. For Belgrade, the implementation of the document will mark a completely new stage of presence in Eurasia, entering a market with a capacity of over 182 million consumers and the combined GDP of more than $1.9 trillion," the diplomat wrote.
According to the Russian ambassador, "in the future, Serbia may become one of the links on the space between the EU and the EAEU."
"This is an example of Belgrade’s balanced policy, an approach to conducting international affairs, taking into account its own national interests," he said.
In June, Vyacheslav Volodin, Speaker of the State Duma, the lower house of the Russian parliament, said that the free trade zone agreement between the EAEU and Serbia can be signed by the end of this year.
Earlier, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev called for speeding up the drafting of agreements on the EAEU free trade zones with Serbia and Singapore.
- Russia PM: Eurasian Union Ready for Free Trade Zones with Asian Countries Medvedev recalled that a similar agreement has already been concluded with Vietnam, Singapore and China, while negotiations with India are underway.
- Rouhani: US Carries out Economic Terrorism As the Iranian president noted, resistance to hostile actions led to harsh and inhuman sanctions; international obligations and agreements are ignored.
- EAEU IS the Only Structure Where We Are the Full Owners According to him, the Eurasian Economic Union is perceived by Armenia as some foreign object, from which "something must be pulled out".
- Risky-For-Us Issues Discussed at EEU Inter-Governmental Board Session At the EEU intergovernmental board session, held in Yerevan, a range of key issues were raised concerning setting up joint markets of energy carriers, eliminating trade obstacles and so on. At least theoretically...
- Roaming Service Tariffs might be dropped to zero in EEU As Shaboyan stated, based on this study, the roaming service tariffs might be dropped to zero in the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union.
President Sarkissian Raises Issue of Armenian Genocide Recognition by Knesset in Israel
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
China Shuts Down Public Transport in City at Centre of Virus Outbreak
Armenian FM Holds Phone Conversation with Cypriot Counterpart
"Apparently, Under no Circumstances Artsakh can Become a Part of Azerbaijan" – Armenia MFA
PM Holds Consultation to Discuss Regional Development Issues
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Macron to Participate in Annual Dinner of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France
Absence of Armenia-Turkey Relations Challenge for Armenia’s Security: Armenia’s FM
Pashinyan Ensures Law Enforcement will Reveal all Circumstances of the Death of Former NSS Director
Armenia Elected to Council of UNESCO International Bureau of Education and to Legal Committee of General Conference
Serviceman Dies after Falling Down Ravine
Erdogan Says Somalia Has Invited Turkey to Explore for Oil in its Seas: NTV
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Greece Elects First Woman President
5.3 Million Euro for Hazardous Waste Management: Mayor and EU Ambassador Signed Memorandum
Armenia’s Simon Martirosyan Nommed for IWF Lifter of the Year 2019 Award
Armenia a Favorite Destination for Expert-Led Tours
Gor Melikyan Appointed Armenian Deputy Minister of High-Tech Industry
Trump Says He doesn't Know "Very Angry" Greta Thunberg
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
Armenia's Speaker of Parliament Visited Several North-Eastern Border Positions to Congratulate on New Year
Wind: 4 km/h