Pashik Alaverdyan: Everyone was Surprised and Admired with Our Team’s Results
The Armenia team, which had had a brilliant performance at the U20 and U23 European Weightlifting Championships in Bucharest, Romania, arrived in Yerevan. Pashik Alaverdyan, head coach of the Armenia weightlifting team, summed up the championships at a briefing with journalists.
“We won 21 gold, 7 silver and 7 bronze medals. We had 7 champions, 2 silver and 2 bronze medalists in the total score. The assessment to the results is given by journalists and our nation, as for us we always asses it as excellent (laughs). If I’m pleased with my work I won’t train the team any more. All the weightlifters did their best. We have a young team and it’s very laudable. We did the change of generation smoothly. Two of our athletes, Simon Martirosyan and Karen Avagyan became the best weightlifters of the championship. Everyone was surprised and admired with our team’s results there,” the coach said.
Earlier the Armenia team had ended its performance at the European Championships with total score 11 medals (7 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze medals) and taken the first position in the team score.
- The New Dates of UEFA Nations league Fixtures Confirmed Armenian national team will start the campaign with the away match against North Macedonia.
- Tokyo Olympics Will Have to be Cancelled if Coronavirus not Defeated by 2021 — Chief According to him, if the games are successfully held in 2021 after the world beats coronavirus, these tournaments will be even more valuable.
- Armenian National Team is 102th in FIFA/Coca Cola World Rankings The Belgian national team is still on top of the world rankings.
- We’re Analyzing Armenian National Team Matches Thoroughly: Joaquin Caparros Armenian national team head coach Joaquin Caparros on his notes about Armenian national team and future plans.
- Jose Mourinho Volunteers to Help Elderly Residents Affected by Coronavirus Crisis The charity has been delivering essential goods to elderly members of society who have been advised to stay in quarantine for the next 12 weeks.
Nikol Pashinyan Says State of Emergency to Probably Be Extended in Armenia
Armenia's Defense Minister Discussed Issue of Armenian Citizens Held Captive in Azerbaijan with the Head of ICRC Delegation
PM: We See the Way Out in Citizens’ Improved Behavior and Collaboration
New Multi-Apartment District in Stepanakert Will Be Composed of 300 Apartments
State Flags of Armenia and Russia Waving on the Border Symbolize our Friendly Relations
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia FM: January 2020 Meeting in Geneva Was Complementing our Work
Moscow-Yerevan Chartered Flight to be Operated on July 8
Italian Composer Ennio Morricone Dies at 91
The Quarantine Measures Will Be Tightened: Artsakh Republic President Gave New Instructions at the Sitting of the Commandant Office
Coronavirus Infected Residents of Yerevan’s Nork Nursing Home Recover
Saudis Raise Oil Pricing to U.S., Asia
Iraqi Military Dismisses Reports of Rocket Attack near Baghdad Airport
Iran Nuclear: Natanz Fire Caused 'Significant' Damage
Israel Strikes Gaza Targets After Rocket Fire
Armenia Records 28936 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to Nursultan Nazarbayev on his 80th Birth Anniversary
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Iran Files Lawsuit in ICJ against US
Kanye West Announces He's Running for President
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
''Nasty Armenian'': Turkish Singer Sued for Insulting Armenians in a Post Addressed to Kim Kardashian
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
ANCA Calls for Robust US Funding for Artsakh
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the Occasion of the 28th Anniversary of the Occupation of the Shahumian Region
Wind: 10 km/h