Erdogan Calls on Turks to Dump Foreign Currencies and Embrace Lira
President Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday called on Turks to "leave the dollar" and convert their foreign currencies to Turkish lira in order to boost the currency and show patriotism, Reuters reports.
"Leave the dollar and the rest. Let’s turn to our money, the Turkish lira. The Turkish lira doesn’t lose value anymore. Let’s show our patriotism like this," Erdogan told members of his AK Party in parliament.
- Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic' "It is a very problematic situation to turn back from the point we have come to. We invite (the United States) to distance themselves from threatening language such as sanctions," Akar told journalists...
- Turkey Arrests Another Former Intelligence Officer in Hrant Dink Murder Case Earlier last week, the Istanbul court ordered the arrest of two former gendarmerie intelligence officers – Volkan Sahin and Veysal Sahin – in the same case.
- Turkish Lira Exchange Rate Hits Another Record Low Against USD Earlier, Bloomberg had linked the ongoing devaluation of the lira to the fears that Ankara could become embroiled in the Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) conflict between Armenians and Azerbaijanis.
- Turkey Denies Airspace for Transfer of Humanitarian Cargo to Armenia The airline did not give any sound reason. The humanitarian aid collected by the Armenian-American community was supposed to be sent to the civilians affected by the Artsakh-Azerbaijani war.
- Saudi Prince Calls for Boycotting Turkey Imports According to The New Khalij, the prince retweeted Erdogan’s remarks and wrote: "Therefore, I call for a full popular boycott for the Turkish products in order to protect the stability of Turkish economy...
- Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases...
- China's Economy Will Grow 2% This Year and 7.9% in 2021 "A premature policy exit and excessive tightening could derail the recovery," the World Bank said in its latest economic update on China, released Wednesday. It predicts the world’s second-largest economy...
- World Oil Prices Dropping And the Brent oil futures for February supplies fell by 2.97 percent to $50.71 a barrel.
- Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy "Last week’s optimism is taking a hit this morning and longs are edging towards the exit ahead of the OPEC+ talks," said oil broker PVM’s Tamas Varga, after OPEC+ failed to agree on policy in informal...
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
Azerbaijan Launches Criminal Case against 2 Lebanese-Armenians Captured in Karabakh
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Georgia Held a Meeting in Tsinandali
Gagik Jhangiryan and David Khachatryan Elected Members of Supreme Judicial Council
Artsakh's Foreign Ministry Welcomes European Parliament's Position on NK Conflict
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Military Exercises do not Prove that the Turkish-Azerbaijani Leadership has Peaceful Intentions towards Armenia. Armenia's MFA
Bodies of 3 Civilians and a Serviceman Found in Artsakh
The Need for an Enduring Political Solution on the Status of Nagorno-Karabakh is Essential for Securing Regional Peace and Stability: U.S. Ambassador
Armenia's President Hopeful Armenian-American Cooperation to Promote Long-Awaited Peace and Stability in the Region
Iran’s FM to Visit Armenia on January 27
Artsakh to Unite Emergency Situations Agency and Police Under Single Ministry of Internal Affairs
European Parliament Condemned Azeri War Crimes and Called for Accountability – FM Spokesperson
Armenia Records 165711 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
European Parliament Strictly Condemns Turkey's Destabilizing Role in Nagorno Karabakh
Armenia Reports ‘Stable Situation’ Along Border with Azerbaijan
Armenian, Russian DMs Discuss Issue of Return of Captives During Phone Conversation
Bishop T. Vrtanes Abrahamyan appointed Primate of Artsakh Diocese
Primate of Artsakh Diocese of Armenian Apostolic Church is Dismissed
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenian, French FMs Discuss Post-war Situation in NK Conflict Zone by Phone
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 5 km/h