Israel to Hold March 2 Election, Its Third in Less Than a Year
Israel will hold an election on March 2, its third in less than a year, parliament decided on Thursday after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his main rival failed to parlay the previous two ballots into a new coalition government, Reuters reports.
By a vote of 94 in favor to none opposed, lawmakers approved a motion dissolving parliament and setting the new election date. It came hours after a final deadline passed to form a government following the last election in September.
In that ballot, and in the one prior in April, Netanyahu’s conservative Likud party deadlocked with ex-general Benny Gantz’s centrist Blue and White. Neither managed to muster enough support in the 120-seat Knesset for a stable coalition.
- Benjamin Netanyahu Chosen to Form New Israel Government If he fails, centrist Gantz of the Blue and White party will likely be given a chance.
- Israel Election Results: Netanyahu’s Bloc Slightly Ahead but Fails to Secure Majority Avigdor Lieberman, whose Yisrael Beiteinu party is projected nine seats, is expected to be the election's kingmaker.
- Netanyahu Charged of Bribery Worth $300,000 Netanyahu, in his turn, addressing the nation live on television shortly before the police released their findings around 9 p.m., made clear that he would not step down.
- Petition to Freeze the Expansion of the Israeli Cabinet was Rejected The request of Yesh Atid was rejected, but no ruling on the complaint about the legislation is done yet.
- Netanyahu Hopelessly Tries to Include Zionist Union into Coalition However, Herzog still very firmly says that he will not enter the coalition. Moreover, he has promised to bring down the government by leading a fighting opposition.
Ex-NSS Head Committed Suicide on “Very Personal” Motive, Next-of-Kin Demands Privacy
PM Pashinyan Meets US Ambassador and Kansas Adjutant-General
Armenia 3rd President on PM's Statement
PM Pashinyan Surprises Artsakh Troops at Apartment Donation Event
Our Homeland is the Territory Behind our Soldier who Stands on the Border: PM Pashinyan
President of Artsakh Visits Stepanakert Memorial Complex
French Police Clear out Migrants Again from North Paris Site
Turkish Military Convoy Crosses Syria Border, Heads to Southern Idlib - TV
Armenia Issues China Travel Warning Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
Trump Discusses Syria, Libya with Turkey's Erdogan
The Referendum on the Cut of the Parliamentary will be Held on the 29th of March
Armenia Political, Military Elite Visits Yerablur Military Pantheon
Armenia PM: Congratulations on your Holiday, Victorious, Glorious Armenian Army!
China Virus Death Toll Jumps to 106
President of Artsakh Addresses Congratulatory Message on Army Day
The Day of Armenian Army Formation: Congratulations, Armenian Soldier!
Weather Forecast in Armenia: No Precipitation Predicted During the Coming Days
Armenia Ready to Grant Reciprocal Rights to the UK During the Implementation Period: Armenia's Foreign Ministry Spokesperson
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
Armenia, Azerbaijan FMs to Meet on January 29-30 in Geneva
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Georgi Kutoyan Left for His Apartment on Paruyr Sevak Street Telling Family Members About his Intention to Rest for 2-3 Days: IC Unveils Details
Wind: 3 km/h