Benjamin Netanyahu Chosen to Form New Israel Government
Israel's president has tasked Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu with forming a new government after last week's deadlocked election, his office announced.
The announcement on Wednesday followed a joint meeting between President Reuven Rivlin, Netanyahu and the prime minister's main challenger, Benny Gantz, who ruled out joining a government led by "a leader against whom stands a severe [corruption] indictment", Al-Jazeera reports.
Netanyahu, the right-wing Likud party's 69-year-old chief and Israel's longest-serving leader, has 28 days to put together a government and can ask the president for a two-week extension, if necessary.
If he fails, centrist Gantz of the Blue and White party will likely be given a chance.
- Israel Election Results: Netanyahu’s Bloc Slightly Ahead but Fails to Secure Majority Avigdor Lieberman, whose Yisrael Beiteinu party is projected nine seats, is expected to be the election's kingmaker.
- Netanyahu Charged of Bribery Worth $300,000 Netanyahu, in his turn, addressing the nation live on television shortly before the police released their findings around 9 p.m., made clear that he would not step down.
- Petition to Freeze the Expansion of the Israeli Cabinet was Rejected The request of Yesh Atid was rejected, but no ruling on the complaint about the legislation is done yet.
- Netanyahu Hopelessly Tries to Include Zionist Union into Coalition However, Herzog still very firmly says that he will not enter the coalition. Moreover, he has promised to bring down the government by leading a fighting opposition.
- What Promised Netanyahu to Jewish Home for Forming Coalition? Of course, it was very important for Netanyahu to form a coalition, no matter the price he "paid" for it, otherwise he would cease to be the Prime Minister of the country and the President of Israel would...
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Chaired the Meeting of the Government
Erdogan Says He Gave Trump Back Letter Warning Not to Be ‘Fool’
President of Artsakh Signed Laws
Islamic Jihad Says Ceasefire with Israel Agreed
Roads in Armenia are Passable: Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Open for All Types of Vehicles
Graham Blocks Resolution Recognizing Armenian Genocide After Erdoğan Meeting
Kazakhstan’s Senate Speaker Arrives in Armenia on Official Visit
Artsakh President Receives the Head of Board and Executive Director of the Armenian Public TV and Radio Company
Armenia's Government Wants Clarification of the Parameters of the Madrid Principles
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
The Incident in Armavir Doesn't Correspond to Spirit of Armenian-Russian Relations: Armenian Embassy in Russia
Public Council Chairman Vazgen Manukyan Steps Down
Israeli Air Raids on Gaza Kill 18
46 Families Return to Artsakh’s Talish After Reconstruction
Venice Calls for State of Emergency after Worst Flooding in Over 50 Years
OSCE Conducts Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan
Trump Offers Trade Deal, Sanctions Workaround to Erdogan
Seven People Killed in Bolivian Protests
Pope Francis Refers to Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Artsakh President Receives Andrzej Kasprzyk
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
We Will Never Forget that 1.5 Million Armenians Were Murdered: Kim Kardashian
Lori is a Splendid Textbook for Learning About our Native Land, While Vanadzor is One of its Most Significant and Beautiful Pages. Armen Sarkissian
Turkish Foreign Minister Hold Talks with U.S.'s Pompeo: Sources
Wind: 5 km/h