Turkey Restores Wikipedia After More Than 2-Year Ban
A Turkish court on Wednesday lifted a ban on Wikipedia after almost three years, VOA reports.
Turkey was the only country in the world apart from China to entirely block access to the online encyclopedia.
But its constitutional court ruled last month that the ban, in place since April 2017, violated freedom of expression.
Turkish officials said in 2017 that the ban was needed as Wikipedia had failed to remove content accusing its government of assisting terrorist groups.
Rights groups have regularly criticized the erosion of free speech in Turkey under President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, especially since a failed coup attempt in 2016 triggered a massive crackdown on government critics in the press and beyond.
- EU Urges Turkey to Stop Offering Russia Solutions to Circumvent Sanctions Speaking about the EU's engagement with Turkey, an important neighbor, EU partner and candidate country for EU membership, we stress the importance of ensuring that Turkey's foreign policy is aligned with...
- Any Change of Internationally Recognized Borders in Region is Unacceptable – Iranian President to Erdogan "The basis of our policy in the region is that the fates of the countries must be determined by themselves and that their national sovereignty and territorial integrity must be respected" Raisi told Erdogan...
- Azerbaijan, Turkey FMs Discuss Regional Situation During the phone talk, the two FMs exchanged opinions on the current regional situation and the agenda of bilateral cooperation.
- Erdogan, Biden Might Meet in September- Media Turkey plans to buy 40 F-16 fighter jets from the US and upgrade another eighty. US President Joe Biden stated that he expects to receive the approval of the [US] Congress to sell F-16 fighter jets to...
- Azerbaijani FM Informed Turkish FM About the Attack On the Azerbaijani Embassy In London During the telephone conversation, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkiye expressed concern about the attack of a gang of radical religious groups on the building of the Embassy of the Republic of...
Artsakh FM Bestowed with Freedom Award in LA
U.S. Ambassador meets with people affected from latest Azeri aggression in Syunik province
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Lecture in the University of California
Despite all factors, we are determined to protect our independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity. Prime Minister
India to supply arms and ammunition to Armenia
Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Remains Unchanged
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Participated in the Ceremony of Signing the Declaration of Friendship Between the Cities of Martouni and Glendale
US engaging at multiple levels to reinforce the need to de-escalate and to disengage
French co-Chairman of OSCE Minsk Group to Arrive in Yerevan This Week
Provocation of Azerbaijan is aimed at disrupting the meeting of the Foreign Ministers of the two countries: MFA
Defense Ministry: As result of Azerbaijani provocation, three Armenians are killed
Russian Ambassador visits Jermuk and Goris
Azerbaijani forces fire at Armenian military positions – MoD
US envoy visits Armenia’s Syunik Province
Russian diplomat wants to hold Biden accountable for US sabotage of pipelines
Armenia defense minister briefs France colleague on current situation due to Azerbaijan military aggression
Foreign Minister of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan Received the Representatives of the France-Armenia Friendship Group
The macroeconomic, fiscal and expenditure framework of the 2023 draft state budget discussed at Government
Kocharyan: Key to Artsakh's future in the hands of people
Nikol Pashinyan receives the delegation of the France-Armenia friendship group of the French Senate
Alen Simonyan’s Congratulations to Artur Tovmasyan on Artsakh Independence Day
Azerbaijan Returns Five POWs to Armenian Side
Azeri Propaganda Spreads Fake Videos, Old Gootage From 2020 War
Ukrainian General Estimates Kiev’s Losses at Hundreds of Thousands since Feb
Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary General António Guterres
We Call on Azerbaijan to Return the Troops to their Initial Positions: US Embassy to Armenia
Latest Events on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Have Nothing to Do with Karabakh: Putin
Pashinyan Presents the Consequences of Azerbaijan's Aggression to the President of Slovenia
Reports on Evacuations in Tavush Border Towns Are Fake News: Governor’s Office
Trump Warns US 'Is Going to Hell' and Needs Strong Leadership
Wind: 2.06 km/h