Preliminary Results of the Artsakh General Elections Have Been Announced
Second round of elections will be conducted in Nagorno Karabakh after none of the candidates received 50%+1% of votes.
Aysor.am reports, Artsakh Election Commission chairperson Srbuhi Arzumanyan speaking at a press conference today said that former prime minister of Artsakh Republic Arayik Harutyunyan received 49,26% of votes, followed by the republic’s foreign minister Masis Mayilyan - 26,4%.
Ex-secretary of the Security Council Vitaly Balasanyan received 14,7%.
''None of the candidates overcame the 50% threshold which means that the second round of elections must take place,'' she said, adding that the second round is set for April 14.
73,5% of voter turnout has been registered in the elections.
Overall 14 candidates ran for the presidential post.
Five political forces got seats in the Nagorno-Karabakh National Assembly as a result of March 31 elections held in Artsakh Republic.
Free Homeland – United Civil bloc, United Homeland, Justice party, ARF-D and Democratic party passed the necessary threshold.
NKR’s parliament consists of 33 deputies.
- Criminal Cases Initiated On Incidents During Artsakh Elections The Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) Republic Investigative Committee has opened five criminal cases in connection with some incidents that took place during Tuesday’s national elections.
- At 2pm 48.3% Of The Voters Casted Their Ballots In Artsakh Elections As of 2pm, 50,534 voters, or 48.3% of the total number of voters, have cast their ballots in Tuesday’s presidential and parliamentary elections in Artsakh Republic. A representative of the Artsakh Central...
- Silence Day in Artsakh Besides, the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic will pass to its historical name - "Artsakh".
- NKR Will Continue Deepening Its Parliamentary Relations with New Strength The NKR National Assembly consistently deepens its contacts with the parliaments and parliamentary structures of various foreign states: the standing committees, deputy factions, friendship groups, separate...
- Ashot Ghulyan will Head NKR Parliament Ashot Ghulyan is elected as a Speaker of NKR newly formed Parliament.
- Arayik Harutyunyan Visited Festive Event On The Occasion Of The Artsakh Republic Proclamation On 8 September Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan visited the town of Shoushi and partook in the festive event organized by the "Azat Hayreniq" party on the occasion of the Artsakh Republic...
- One New Case Of The Coronavirus Has Been Registered In Artsakh The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Artsakh informed that one new case of the coronavirus has been registered in Artsakh, but seven more persons have recovered, Information Headquarters reported.
- Artsakh President Awards The Authers Of The Stepanakert Aater Supply System Project The President of Artsakh Republic Arayik Haroutyunyan on Monday received a group of construction engineers and persons in charge on the eve of Artsakh Republic Day
- President of Artsakh Handed in Awards to a Group of Construction Sphere Representatives For the contribution to the sphere and in connection with the professional holiday the republic's President handed in awards and valuable gifts to a group of Artsakh Republic Municipal Engineering Ministry...
- President of Artsakh Signed a Decree On 21 July President Arayik Harutyunyan signed a decree on appointing Armen Sargsyan advisor to the Artsakh Republic President on education, science, culture, youth and sports.
Netanyahu Says Iran 'Clearly' Behind Blast on Israeli-Owned Ship
Iran Dismisses Idea of Talks with EU and U.S. to Revive 2015 Nuclear Deal
President Sarkissian Calls for Tolerance and Solidarity
Armenia Records 172216 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
The Process of "Determination" of the Borders with Azerbaijan Contradicts the Principles of International Law. Ombudsman
Artsakh MFA: The Sumgait Massacre Marked The Beginning Of A Whole Series Of Crimes Against Humanity
About 480 Trucks Accumulated On The Russian Side Of The Larsi
Sunday of the Lost (Prodigal) Sun
Press Conference of Ilham Aliyev Was Another Manifestation of Hate Speech towards the Armenian People: Armenia's MFA
Draft Decree on Resignation of the Chief of the General Staff Sent to the President Again
Armenia’s President Doesn't Sign PM’s Draft Decree to Release Chief of Armenian Armed Forces Onik Gasparyan, Returns With Objections
Armenian, Russian Defense Ministers Hold Phone Talk
Unlawful Attacks on Medical Facilities and Personnel in Karabakh: Human Rights Watch
Armenia President, Ombudsman Meet, Discuss Issue of Return of Captives
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the 33rd Anniversary of the Anti-Armenian Massacres in Sumgait
Armenia Records 171793 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Aram I: Armenia Is On Edge of Abyss
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armen Sarkissian Met with Vazgen Manukyan, Arthur Vanetsyan, Vahram Baghdasaryan, and Artsvik Minasyan
Murders of Armenian Civilians in Hadrut Described as War Crimes by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights – Armenia’s MFA
4 More Bodies of Fallen Servicemen Found During Search Operations, Artsakh Authorities Say
Artsakh: Search Օperation not to Be Conducted Today Due to Weather Conditions
3,577 Bodies Passed Forensic Examination, DNA Analysis of Other 428 in Process
Russia to Resume Air Service with Azerbaijan, Armenia Starting February 15
US Troop Withdrawal from Germany ‘Put on Freeze’
Garegin Nzhdeh Statue not Demolished in Martuni Town of Artsakh
Turkish State Channel Showed a Map of Expanding Influence on Armenia, Georgia and a Number of Territories of Russia
Air Temperature to Rise in Armenia by 5-6 Degrees
Joe Biden Has First Conversation with Xi Jinping as US President
No Bodies Found During Search Operations on Thursday, Artsakh Authorities Say
Wind: 4 km/h