Preliminary Results of the Artsakh General Elections Have Been Announced
Second round of elections will be conducted in Nagorno Karabakh after none of the candidates received 50%+1% of votes.
Aysor.am reports, Artsakh Election Commission chairperson Srbuhi Arzumanyan speaking at a press conference today said that former prime minister of Artsakh Republic Arayik Harutyunyan received 49,26% of votes, followed by the republic’s foreign minister Masis Mayilyan - 26,4%.
Ex-secretary of the Security Council Vitaly Balasanyan received 14,7%.
''None of the candidates overcame the 50% threshold which means that the second round of elections must take place,'' she said, adding that the second round is set for April 14.
73,5% of voter turnout has been registered in the elections.
Overall 14 candidates ran for the presidential post.
Five political forces got seats in the Nagorno-Karabakh National Assembly as a result of March 31 elections held in Artsakh Republic.
Free Homeland – United Civil bloc, United Homeland, Justice party, ARF-D and Democratic party passed the necessary threshold.
NKR’s parliament consists of 33 deputies.
- Criminal Cases Initiated On Incidents During Artsakh Elections The Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) Republic Investigative Committee has opened five criminal cases in connection with some incidents that took place during Tuesday’s national elections.
- At 2pm 48.3% Of The Voters Casted Their Ballots In Artsakh Elections As of 2pm, 50,534 voters, or 48.3% of the total number of voters, have cast their ballots in Tuesday’s presidential and parliamentary elections in Artsakh Republic. A representative of the Artsakh Central...
- Silence Day in Artsakh Besides, the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic will pass to its historical name - "Artsakh".
- NKR Will Continue Deepening Its Parliamentary Relations with New Strength The NKR National Assembly consistently deepens its contacts with the parliaments and parliamentary structures of various foreign states: the standing committees, deputy factions, friendship groups, separate...
- Ashot Ghulyan will Head NKR Parliament Ashot Ghulyan is elected as a Speaker of NKR newly formed Parliament.
- Artsakh President Appointed Ministers On 1 June Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan signed a range of decrees.
- Arayik Harutyunyan Scores Landslide Victory in Artsakh Presidential Runoff Harutyunyan’s rival, the incumbent foreign minister Masis Mayilyan, garnered only 12% of votes.
- President of Artsakh Convened a Working Consultation The heads of appropriate spheres participating in the consultation delivered corresponding reports on the carried out activities. The situation regarding the measures taken against the coronavirus was...
- President of Artsakh Handed in State Awards and Certificates of Honorary Titles Bako Sahakyan underlined that the state valued and appreciated their patriotic activity, expressing confidence that they would continue to work with the same zeal and efficiency.
- President of Artsakh Convened a Working Consultation in the Martouni Regional Center Minister of State Grigory Martirosyan and other officials were present at the consultation.
Reddit Cofounder Alexis Ohanian Resigns from Board, Urges Seat Be Filled by Black Candidate
Armenian, Georgian FMs Hold Phone Talks on Fight against Coronavirus
PM Pashinyan Explains the Decline of Recoveries from Coronavirus
OPEC and its Allies Led by Russia to Hold a Meeting on June 6
President Sarkissian Holds Meeting with Healthcare Minister Arsen Torosyan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenian PM Reacts to Use of Force by Police Against Man for Not Wearing Face Mask
Greek Defence Minister: Turkey’s Behaviour is Aggressive But Our Powerful Armed Forces is a Deterrent
Armenian President Congratulates Queen Margrethe II of Denmark on National Day
Trump Proposes Increasing Police Funding
Armenia Records 11817 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Facebook Starts Labeling ‘State-Controlled Media’ Pages
33-year Old Patient Died of Coronavirus: Arsen Torosyan
Positive-Tested PM Pashinyan and Family Members Show no Coronavirus Symptoms
Government Expands Scope of 8th Anti-Crisis Program Beneficiaries
Zakharova: There are no Dramatic Changes in Karabakh Settlement, but Optimism Remains
Comment by the Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan Regarding Bellicose Statements of Various Circles of Azerbaijani Authorities
Davit Ananyan Announced About His Resignation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President of Artsakh Appoints New Justice Minister
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country
Trilateral Ceasefire Agreement Signed Between NKR, Armenia and Azerbaijan: 26 Years Have Passed
The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky
David Tukhmanov, Armenian, Author of the Best Victory Day Song
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Azerbaijan Informed neither Armenia, nor International Organizations about the Military Exercises: RA Defense Ministry Spokesperson
Polish Presidential Elections Postponed Indefinitely
Wind: 8 km/h