G7 Rejects Putin's Demand for Rouble Payment for Russian Gas - Germany
Energy ministers from the Group of Seven industrialized nations reject demands by President Vladimir Putin that "unfriendly" countries pay for Russian gas with roubles, Germany’s Robert Habeck said after talks with his counterparts on Monday, Financial Post reports.
The ministers "underlined once again that the concluded contracts are valid and the companies should and must respect them … payment in roubles is unacceptable, and we call on the companies concerned not to comply with Putin’s demand," he said.
- European Central Bank to Raise Interest Rates for 1st Time in 11 Years The move highlights concerns about the 8.1% annual consumer price growth in May, the highest since the statistics began in 1997. The bank's target is 2%.
- U.S. Imposes Sanctions on 27 Gazprombank Executives, Russian TV Stations "This is not a full block. We're not freezing the assets of Gazprombank or prohibiting any transactions with Gazprombank," a senior Biden administration official told reporters. "What we're signaling is...
- Germany Faces Steep Recession if Russian Oil and Gas Halted, Bank Lobby Says "The situation would be even worse if imports or supplies of Russian oil and natural gas were to be halted. A significant recession in Germany would then be virtually unavoidable," Sewing told journalists.
- EU Leaders Agree on Joint Gas Purchases Last year, the European Commission proposed to the EU countries a system of joint purchases of strategic gas reserves as a way to provide a buffer against possible supply disruptions. Fears of supply disruptions...
- Oil Falls on Talks to End Ukraine War and Ahead of Fed Meeting Both contracts have surged since Russia's Feb. 24 invasion of Ukraine and are up roughly 40% for the year to date.
Pashinyan Receives the Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council of the Islamic Republic of Iran
The Secretary of the Security Council Armen Grigoryan Met With Ali Shamkhani
Hakob Arshakyan Receives Head of Pan-Armenian Youth Football Association (PAYFA)
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson Resigns
NA President’s Statement on Resignation Letter of RA NA Deputy Artur Ghazinyan
Meeting of Foreign Minister Ararat Mirzoyan with Secretary-General of the UN World Tourism Organization Zurab Pololikashvili
The Government Plans to Establish the Possibility of Granting Deferment from Military Conscription for Students with Priority and Important Professions
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Futsal World Cup Main Round Draw is Known
Armenia PM instruction: Our Departments Need to Work in Coordination with Turkey Departments
Feast of the Holy Translators St. Sahak and St. Mesrop
Secretary of Supreme National Security Council of Iran arrives in Armenia
Lars Road Open For All Types of Vehicles
Presentation of the Book "The Artsakh Issue and the Foreign Policy of the Republic of Artsakh" by the Foreign Ministry of Artsakh Took Place in Stepanakert
PM Pashinyan Holds Phone Talk with Vladimir Putin
Defense Minister: Structural Changes In Armenia Army Leadership Are Necessary
Armenia FM Holds Private Talk With Spain Counterpart
Explosion Occurred in a Bank in Ashtarak Town
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Vice speaker: Lot to be Done On iImplementation of Bundestag Resolution on Armenian Genocide Recognition
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Andranik Iosifyan from Artsakh: Father of Electromechanics, "Chief Electrician" of Missile Technology
Michel Matthew Ter-Pogossian, the ''Father'' of Positron Emission Tomography
The Foreign Minister of Armenia Met with the Speaker of the National Assembly of Bulgaria
The People of Artsakh Have the Same Rights as Everyone: Ararat Mirzoyan
Artsakh's NSS Urges Against Spread of Dubious News
Artsakh’s NSS Reveals Case of High Treason
Armenia is Not Only Russia’s Partner, it is a Strategic Ally, Putin Tells Khachaturyan
It Is Necessary to Work Closely to Launch Crisis Prevention Mechanisms: Pashinyan to CSTO Foreign Ministers
China Rejects Wuhan Lab Leak Theory, Calls for Investigating US Facilities
Wind: 6.17 km/h