Armenian Apostolic Church "We Are Always Open to Initiatives Aimed at the Peace"
Armedia" IAA presents an exclusive interview with Bishop Markos Hovhannisyan, the leader of the Ukrainian Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church, a permanent member of the Secretariat of the Leaders of World and Traditional Religions. The Interview was conducted during the "5th Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions" in Astana in the framework of "Armenia-Kazakhstan: Cooperation Platforms" project, with the support of Embassy of Kazakhstan in Armenia.
- Tell us, please, about the participation of the Armenian Apostolic Church in Leaders of World and Traditional Religions. What is the goal of our church in this forum?
- Participation of our church began with the Second Congress of the Leaders of World and Traditional Religions. Led by His Holiness Garegin II, the delegation of Armenian Church accepted the invitation and on regular basis takes part in the meetings of the organizing committee, called the Secretariat of the Congress. Assembly and Congress, and the Secretariat are held in an alive atmosphere and have a tendency to expand. After the 2nd Congress, the Secretariat had 12 members, and now twice as much as last time. The fifth congress is attended by more than 70 delegations, which indicates a trend of expansion of the Congress and its ideas.
The general format of the events is very interesting. On the initiative and proposal of the President of Kazakhstan Nazarbayev, the Congress is based on the principle of dialogue, and the dialogue is seen as a very important action. This is important for the whole world as the isolation won’t lead to overcoming problems.
- Astana brought together the representatives of different religions, and it is very inspiring. Could this be a message to the world, full of conflicts?
- At the opening of the Congress President of Kazakhstan noted that though the world is resolving many problems, those problems become even more day by day. We, as Christians, know that in our life the problems will always grow, but there must be a will to face these problems and solve them. We must not bury our heads in the ground, and must openly challenge the existing problems, which is the main message of the Congress.
If you look at the past 15 years on the global scale, since the 1st Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions, you can witness increasing number of wars, and there also some financial crises emerged. So what do we do to overcome these problems? Congress may be considered as one of the attempts to solve them. This is a tool, an instrument to see problems and solve them.
- In which way is the 5th Congress different from its previous ones?
- I see a change in the format: in addition to the religious leaders, now some prominent political figures are also involved.
- Can it be expected for the Armenian Church to continue to actively participate in the format of the religious summit?
- It is planned that the Congress will be a regular one, and Kazakhstan has always expressed readiness to hold them. We welcome this willingness. His Holiness Garegin II has shown his personal commitment demonstrating that our Church is always ready for such practical steps. We are always open to initiatives aimed at the peace, at improved relations between communities, countries and people. Being a traditional church that has its role and importance in world culture, we all together have to look for ways to solve problems and share experience in this useful mission.
- Tokayev Sworn in As Kazakhstan’s President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev took the oath of office as Kazakhstan’s president at a ceremony in the Independence Palace in the capital Nur-Sultan on Wednesday.
- Kazakhstan to Hold Early Presidential Election on June 9 Interim president, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, calls a snap election, citing the need to eliminate political uncertainty.
- Nazarbayev's Resignation to Improve Kazakhstan's Image: Marat Shibutov, Political Scientist (EXCLUSIVE) Kazakh political scientist Marat Shibutov, in an interview with "Armedia" IAA comments on Nursultan Nazarbayev’s resignation.
- More than 40 Countries Cooperate with Eurasian Economic Union 2017 was successful. Trade turnover between our countries grew 27%. We see great interest towards our union, today more than 40 countries are cooperating with us.
- Karen Karapetyan Receives Kazakhstan Ambassador The Premier highlighted the diversification of bilateral economic cooperation, stressing that the current level of bilateral trade turnover does not correspond to the existing potential.
ANCA Calls on US to Match Armenia and Azerbaijan Military Assistance
Putin, Macron and Merkel Call for Resuming Political Dialogue on Libya: Kremlin
Iran Confirmed 13 More New Coronavirus Cases
Iran's President Casts His Vote in Legislative Elections
Miroslav Lajcak Pay An Official Visit To Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Armen Sarkissian Sent a Letter of Condolences on the Demise of the Renowned Conductor Yuri Davtian
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Leaders of EU Members Call for Ceasing Hostilities in Syria's Idlib
Iran Parliamentary Election Kicks Off
Igor Grigoryan Conferred the Rank of the Third Degree Justice State Adviser
President of Artsakh Receives Ombudsman of Armenia
Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers
Discussion with Azerbaijan’s Aliyev in Munich is Turning Point: Nikol Pashinyan
Criminal Sub-Culture Must be Eradicated in the Army: Armenia’s PM
Kardashian Family Had Dinner at Armenian Carousel Restaurant
Armenia is World’s Third Most Militarized County, Report Shows
Robert Kocharyan Congratulates on Artsakh Revival Day
PM Pashinyan Offers Condolences on Passing of Yervand Manaryan
Artsakh MFA Issues Statement on Revival Day
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
Wind: 4 km/h