Armenian Apostolic Church "We Are Always Open to Initiatives Aimed at the Peace"
Armedia" IAA presents an exclusive interview with Bishop Markos Hovhannisyan, the leader of the Ukrainian Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church, a permanent member of the Secretariat of the Leaders of World and Traditional Religions. The Interview was conducted during the "5th Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions" in Astana in the framework of "Armenia-Kazakhstan: Cooperation Platforms" project, with the support of Embassy of Kazakhstan in Armenia.
- Tell us, please, about the participation of the Armenian Apostolic Church in Leaders of World and Traditional Religions. What is the goal of our church in this forum?
- Participation of our church began with the Second Congress of the Leaders of World and Traditional Religions. Led by His Holiness Garegin II, the delegation of Armenian Church accepted the invitation and on regular basis takes part in the meetings of the organizing committee, called the Secretariat of the Congress. Assembly and Congress, and the Secretariat are held in an alive atmosphere and have a tendency to expand. After the 2nd Congress, the Secretariat had 12 members, and now twice as much as last time. The fifth congress is attended by more than 70 delegations, which indicates a trend of expansion of the Congress and its ideas.
The general format of the events is very interesting. On the initiative and proposal of the President of Kazakhstan Nazarbayev, the Congress is based on the principle of dialogue, and the dialogue is seen as a very important action. This is important for the whole world as the isolation won’t lead to overcoming problems.
- Astana brought together the representatives of different religions, and it is very inspiring. Could this be a message to the world, full of conflicts?
- At the opening of the Congress President of Kazakhstan noted that though the world is resolving many problems, those problems become even more day by day. We, as Christians, know that in our life the problems will always grow, but there must be a will to face these problems and solve them. We must not bury our heads in the ground, and must openly challenge the existing problems, which is the main message of the Congress.
If you look at the past 15 years on the global scale, since the 1st Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions, you can witness increasing number of wars, and there also some financial crises emerged. So what do we do to overcome these problems? Congress may be considered as one of the attempts to solve them. This is a tool, an instrument to see problems and solve them.
- In which way is the 5th Congress different from its previous ones?
- I see a change in the format: in addition to the religious leaders, now some prominent political figures are also involved.
- Can it be expected for the Armenian Church to continue to actively participate in the format of the religious summit?
- It is planned that the Congress will be a regular one, and Kazakhstan has always expressed readiness to hold them. We welcome this willingness. His Holiness Garegin II has shown his personal commitment demonstrating that our Church is always ready for such practical steps. We are always open to initiatives aimed at the peace, at improved relations between communities, countries and people. Being a traditional church that has its role and importance in world culture, we all together have to look for ways to solve problems and share experience in this useful mission.
- Tokayev Sworn in As Kazakhstan’s President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev took the oath of office as Kazakhstan’s president at a ceremony in the Independence Palace in the capital Nur-Sultan on Wednesday.
- Kazakhstan to Hold Early Presidential Election on June 9 Interim president, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, calls a snap election, citing the need to eliminate political uncertainty.
- Nazarbayev's Resignation to Improve Kazakhstan's Image: Marat Shibutov, Political Scientist (EXCLUSIVE) Kazakh political scientist Marat Shibutov, in an interview with "Armedia" IAA comments on Nursultan Nazarbayev’s resignation.
- More than 40 Countries Cooperate with Eurasian Economic Union 2017 was successful. Trade turnover between our countries grew 27%. We see great interest towards our union, today more than 40 countries are cooperating with us.
- Karen Karapetyan Receives Kazakhstan Ambassador The Premier highlighted the diversification of bilateral economic cooperation, stressing that the current level of bilateral trade turnover does not correspond to the existing potential.
Trump Says He's 'Not a Fan' of Meghan Markle, Wishes Prince Harry 'a Lot of Luck'
Ararat Mirzoyan Has Private Talk with President of National Assembly of Artsakh
Chair of Artsakh NA Standing Committee on State and Legal Affairs Emphasized the strengthening of the Inter-Committee Ties with Armenia's NA
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Spanish Senate Ratifies Armenia-EU CEPA
"Aurora" to Kick off a Global Series of Events on October 19 in New York City
Trump Declines to Commit to a Peaceful Transition of Power after Election
EU Believes Lukashenko’s Inauguration Lacks Legitimacy
Biden leads Trump by 10 points nationally in new pair of polls
Coronavirus Situation Worsens in Armenia, Says PM
Artsakh Confirms 9 New Cases of COVID-19 in Past 24 Hours
Israel Tightens Coronavirus Restrictions as Cases Continue to Surge
Trudeau: Canada Already in Second Wave of Coronavirus
Armenia Records 48251 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Obama Shares His Phone Number
Armenia’s New Ambassador to Bulgaria Presents Credentials to President Rumen Radev
Russia’s FM Discussed with Azerbaijani Side NK Status Issue and Liberation of Surrounding Territories: Russian MFA
Military Exercises "Shant-2020" To Be Held On November 16-20 In Armenia
Armen Sarkissian: Armenia and China Have Great Potential for Cooperation
US-Based SADA Systems Plans to Establish Global Center for Technological Solutions in Armenia
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Violation of the Rights of the Officer Gurgen Alaverdyan who Appeared Under the Azerbaijani Jurisdiction
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia Joined International Religious Freedom Alliance’s COVID-19 and Religious Minorities Pandemic Statement
The Government of Artsakh Also Contributes to the Preservation of the Armenian Community of Lebanon. President Harutyunyan Convoked a Consultation
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Internal investigation Will Reveal All Circumstances of Disappearance of the Armenian Officer - Defense Minister
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Wind: 5 km/h