Turkish Opposition Leader: US Backed Opposition Joined IS
Leader of of the Turkey's center-left Republican People’s Party (CHP),Kemal Kilicdaroglu, declared that Syrian rebels had been known to switch sides and join ISIL extremists after receiving military training in US-run camps, Sputnik News reports.
According to him, Turkey and Russia could build closer ties if they combined their efforts to dismantle the Islamic State (IS) militant group in Syria.
"Cooperation in the fight against ISIL could be a foundation for this," Kemal Kilicdaroglu noted.
In addition Kilicdaroglu blamed the ruling Justice and Development Party's (AKP) policy in Syria for being "utopic."
"This policy has damaged our national interests and deepened the humanitarian catastrophe in Syria, a country with which Turkey has the longest common border."
- Pompeo: US "Will Continue to Lead" Fight Against Islamic State "The United States will continue to lead the coalition and the world on this essential security effort," Pompeo said as he opened a day of talks in Washington.
- Turkish Police Detain 7 Over ISIS Links One suspect is believed to be responsible for ISIS training camps that train some 2000 foreign militants per year, the daily said citing a statement by Turkey's interior ministry.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
- Pope Francis ‘Pained’ by Decision to Turn Hagia Sophia Into Mosque "My thoughts go to Istanbul. I'm thinking about Hagia Sophia. I am very saddened," the pope said.
- Comment by the Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on Changing the Status of Hagia Sophia by the Decision of the Turkish Authorities We express our deep concern about the decision of the authorities of Turkey to convert Hagia Sophia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, into a mosque.
- Erdogan Calls on Everyone to Respect Turkey's Decision Erdogan also recalled that there are '435 churches and synagogues’ in Turkey. "This attests to our mentality that considers diversity our wealth," he added.
- Turkish Council of State Reverses Decree of Hagia Sophia’s Museum Status Thus, the authorities of the republic received a legal opportunity to change the status of the Hagia Sophia from museum to a mosque.
- Status of Hagia Sophia Can Be Changed by Presidential Decree The pro-government press points out, however, that in the event of a positive proposal, it is assumed that the first prayer will be held on July 15, the fourth anniversary of the failed coup attempt, which...
Pope Francis ‘Pained’ by Decision to Turn Hagia Sophia Into Mosque
Armenia Records 31969 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Comment by the Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on Changing the Status of Hagia Sophia by the Decision of the Turkish Authorities
Armenian High-Tech Industry Minister and US Envoy Discuss Cooperation Issues
The new Stepanakert Substation of 110/35/10 kW Capability Will Be Put Into Commission in 2021
Armenia Presents 2nd UN SDGs Voluntary National Review Report
Emergency Situation is Extended in Artsakh
Defense Army Denies Azerbaijani Media Report
Azerbaijan Made Over 150 Ceasefire Violations at Artsakh Line of Contact
Resident Sarkissian Visits Gandzasar Monastery in Artsakh (Video)
Artsakh President: Turkish Authorities Reaffirm their Xenophobic Behavior Towards Civilizations
Erdogan Calls on Everyone to Respect Turkey's Decision
Armenia Records 31392 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Commemoration of Christ’s twelve Apostles and Thirteenth Apostle - St. Paul
Artsakh Republic President Met with Armenian Former Defense Minister
US House Panel Implicitly Backs Artsakh Aid
Garo Paylan on Turkish Government's Decision to Convert Hagia Sophia into Mosque
Armenia’s President Met with Artsakh's Ex-President
PM Addresses Security Council with a Message on National Security Strategy
Turkish Council of State Reverses Decree of Hagia Sophia’s Museum Status
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
Anouch Toraninan Elected Head of 15th Arrondissement of Paris
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
The Authorities of the Republic of Artsakh Confirm Their Determination to Seek the Restoration of the Territorial Integrity of the Republic: Artsakh MFA
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Armenian Woman is Elected Mayor of France’s Strasbourg
Wind: 5 km/h