White House: Through 98-Kilometors-Wide Corridor on Syrian-Turkish Border Oil Flows on the Black Market
Answering to the question of the possibility of the Turkish-Syrian border to be sealed, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest particularly noted:
"It certainly is doable. It will require a commitment on the part of the Turks to do it. We have seen, because of the investment that the Turks have made in other sections of their previously contested border, that they have been able to secure significant portions of their more than 500-mile-long border with Syria. But there continues to be this corridor, this 98-kilometors-wide corridor along their border that remains unsecure. That’s a problem because through that corridor flows oil on the black market. We know that there are foreign fighters moving back and forth through that corridor. There are other items that are being bought and sold along that corridor. And shutting down ISIL’s financing is an important part of our effort to degrade and ultimately destroy them," official page of White House informs
"So there is more that we would like to see the Turks do to secure that border. And, frankly, we’ve seen the Turks already act effectively to shut down large portions of their border. We just need them to finish the job," he added.
- Libyan National Army Claims It Possesses Evidence of Turkey Supporting Daesh Turkey is one of the countries supporting terrorism around the world.
- US Giving Daesh Safe Passage in East Syria under Gold Deal: Local Sources Information suggest that the US forces in the Syrian al-Jazeera area made a deal with Daesh terrorists, by which Washington gets tens of tons of gold that the terror organization had stolen in exchange...
- Trump Says 'Erdogan Can Eradicate' any IS Group Left in Syria US President Donald Trump said his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan assured him that any remaining of Islamic State group fighters in Syria will be eliminated.
- US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan “We must ensure terrorists can never use Afghanistan as a safe haven,” Miller told officials at the ceremony, according to Stars and Stripes.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
Armenian President Congratulates Afghan Counterpart, People on Independence Day
Lydian International Provides Responses to Environmental Audit Recommendations
Roads in Armenia are Passable: Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
Jean-Claude Juncker Cut Holiday Short for Urgent Surgery
Armenian and Russian Defense Ministers Met in Moscow
7th Pan-Armenian Games Closing Ceremony Held in Yerevan
Feast of the Assumption of the Holy Mother of God
Mikael Minasyan: Serzh Sargsyan Will Be Arrested to Sidetrack Armenia Public From Real Issues for a While More (NEWS.am)
Nikol Pashinyan Sums Up the Proceedings of My Step for Kotayk Marz Investment Forum
Organizers Negotiate with Obama for Potential WCIT 2019 Appearance in Yerevan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
"Our Task is to Get the Best Possible Result for Each Dram Invested and Spent in Every Area" - PM Attends My Step for Kotayk Marz Investment Forum
Russia Refuses to Extradite Ex-Armenian Official Accused of Corruption
Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
Feast of the Apparition ("Shoghakat") of Holy Etchmiadzin
Consultation on Issues of Child Adoption
EEU-Singapore FTZ Deal Likely to be Signed in Yerevan
Trump Administration Mulls $4.3B in Foreign Aid Cuts
Artsakh FM Met with Newly Appointed HALO Trust Head
Trump to Buy Greenland. WSJ
He Will Be Great: Trump Congratulates Boris Johnson on Becoming UK's New PM
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border about 95 Times
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
"The Republic of Armenia Should Reclaim its Once-Glorious Reputation of Industrial Country" - PM Attends "My Step for Shirak Marz" Economic Forum
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Either President of Constitutional Court Must Step Down or Constitutional Reforms Possible: Lena Nazaryan
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
"The Authority of Each Officer Should be Much Greater than that of His Epaulettes"- Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Graduates of Military Educational Institutions
Wind: 6 km/h