White House: Through 98-Kilometors-Wide Corridor on Syrian-Turkish Border Oil Flows on the Black Market
Answering to the question of the possibility of the Turkish-Syrian border to be sealed, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest particularly noted:
"It certainly is doable. It will require a commitment on the part of the Turks to do it. We have seen, because of the investment that the Turks have made in other sections of their previously contested border, that they have been able to secure significant portions of their more than 500-mile-long border with Syria. But there continues to be this corridor, this 98-kilometors-wide corridor along their border that remains unsecure. That’s a problem because through that corridor flows oil on the black market. We know that there are foreign fighters moving back and forth through that corridor. There are other items that are being bought and sold along that corridor. And shutting down ISIL’s financing is an important part of our effort to degrade and ultimately destroy them," official page of White House informs
"So there is more that we would like to see the Turks do to secure that border. And, frankly, we’ve seen the Turks already act effectively to shut down large portions of their border. We just need them to finish the job," he added.
- Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
Meeting of Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs Kicks off in Geneva
Pentagon Now Says 50 service Members Suffered Brain Injuries from Iran Attack
'Will not Pass': Palestinian Leader Abbas Rejects Trump's Plan
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Armenia's FM Met with OSCE Minsk Group co-Chairs
President of Artsakh Receives Chief of General Staff of Armenian Armed Forces
Karabakh Army Soldier Gets Wounded
Ex-NSS Head Committed Suicide on “Very Personal” Motive, Next-of-Kin Demands Privacy
PM Pashinyan Meets US Ambassador and Kansas Adjutant-General
Armenia 3rd President on PM's Statement
PM Pashinyan Surprises Artsakh Troops at Apartment Donation Event
Our Homeland is the Territory Behind our Soldier who Stands on the Border: PM Pashinyan
President of Artsakh Visits Stepanakert Memorial Complex
French Police Clear out Migrants Again from North Paris Site
Turkish Military Convoy Crosses Syria Border, Heads to Southern Idlib - TV
Armenia Issues China Travel Warning Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
Trump Discusses Syria, Libya with Turkey's Erdogan
The Referendum on the Cut of the Parliamentary will be Held on the 29th of March
Armenia Political, Military Elite Visits Yerablur Military Pantheon
Armenia PM: Congratulations on your Holiday, Victorious, Glorious Armenian Army!
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Georgi Kutoyan Left for His Apartment on Paruyr Sevak Street Telling Family Members About his Intention to Rest for 2-3 Days: IC Unveils Details
Wind: 5 km/h