White House: Through 98-Kilometors-Wide Corridor on Syrian-Turkish Border Oil Flows on the Black Market
Answering to the question of the possibility of the Turkish-Syrian border to be sealed, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest particularly noted:
"It certainly is doable. It will require a commitment on the part of the Turks to do it. We have seen, because of the investment that the Turks have made in other sections of their previously contested border, that they have been able to secure significant portions of their more than 500-mile-long border with Syria. But there continues to be this corridor, this 98-kilometors-wide corridor along their border that remains unsecure. That’s a problem because through that corridor flows oil on the black market. We know that there are foreign fighters moving back and forth through that corridor. There are other items that are being bought and sold along that corridor. And shutting down ISIL’s financing is an important part of our effort to degrade and ultimately destroy them," official page of White House informs
"So there is more that we would like to see the Turks do to secure that border. And, frankly, we’ve seen the Turks already act effectively to shut down large portions of their border. We just need them to finish the job," he added.
- Libyan National Army Claims It Possesses Evidence of Turkey Supporting Daesh Turkey is one of the countries supporting terrorism around the world.
- US Giving Daesh Safe Passage in East Syria under Gold Deal: Local Sources Information suggest that the US forces in the Syrian al-Jazeera area made a deal with Daesh terrorists, by which Washington gets tens of tons of gold that the terror organization had stolen in exchange...
- Trump Says 'Erdogan Can Eradicate' any IS Group Left in Syria US President Donald Trump said his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan assured him that any remaining of Islamic State group fighters in Syria will be eliminated.
- US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan “We must ensure terrorists can never use Afghanistan as a safe haven,” Miller told officials at the ceremony, according to Stars and Stripes.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
Deadly Clashes On Tajik-Kyrgyz Border Leave One Dead
Ex-President of Armenia Will Remain in Custody
President Sarkissian Receives International Experts, Venture Investors Luigi Amati and Brigitt Bauma
Khamenei Says Iranian Officials 'Will Never Talk To America'
Blackout Hits 4 Nations in Central America, Affects Millions
Trump Says U.S. Reaches Trade Deals With Japan, No Word on Cars
OSCE to Conduct Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border
Trump: ‘We’d Certainly Like to Avoid’ War With Iran
Armenian Prime Minister to Travel to United States on Working Visit
Israelis Vote in Second General Election in Five Months
PM Attends Housewarming Ceremonies in Jrashen Community of Lori Marz
UN General Assembly 74th Session to Open September 17
Bako Sahakyan Received Representatives of the "My Step Foundation"
Pashinyan Reiterates Position on Acceptable Karabakh Resolution
Artsakh Republic Parliament Speaker Invites Alexis Ohanian to Visit Artsakh
Artsakh Republic President Attended a Solemn Opening Ceremony of a Capitally Renovated School in Kashatagh
Hassan Rouhani Is Expected in Yerevan on October 1: Pashinyan
Armenia's President Signs Decree to Dismiss NSS Chief
A Historic Agreement between Serbs and Albanians Is the Only Way to Achieve Lasting Peace: Serbian Prime Minister
National Security Service Director of Armenia Resigns
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
Armenia PM: If Government Were Subjected to Pressure on Teghut Matter, Over 900 People Would Again Be Unemployed
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
CSTO Will Always Welcome Cooperation with all the Former Republics of the USSR: Deputy Prime Minister of Russia
Government Sets up Terms and Conditions for Affordable Long-Term Mortgage Lending for Contract Servicemen
Jerusalem Municipality Plans to Reconstruct the Armenian Patriarchate Road
Mine Exploitation Means 10-25 Blasts a Day, with Each Blast Raising 25 Tons of Dust: Ex-Governor of Vayots Dzor
Wind: 8 km/h