Europe is in Panic: Exclusive from Brussels
Early this morning, the world was shocked by the explosion at the airport of Brussels. While everyone’s attension was there, explosions were heard in the metros of Brussels. At Brussels airport, in Zaventem, two bombs were detonated in the departure hall. According to the Prosecutor, at least one of the two explosions at the airport were carried out by a suicide bomber, vedomosti.ru reports referring to Le Soir. Still unexploded bombs were also found. As for the metro bombings, they occurred at the stations "Schuman Square", near the European institutions, and "Maelbeek", where immigrants live, Interfax reports citing Euronews.
It should be noted that a few days ago, precisely in Maelbeek the organizer of explosions in Paris was arrested, as a result of which 130 people were killed. Explosions in Brussels also resulted in victims. According to the preliminary data, the death toll has reached 31, there are also dozens of wounded, kp.ru reports. The level of the terrorist threat in Belgium is raised to the highest. Belgian Minister of the Interior announced that 600 additional police were ordered to guard the city. In turn, Prime Minister of Belgium Charles Michel said that the country has strengthened military patrol, border controls and security measures, Lenta.ru reports.
Trying to assess the current situation in Brussels, what moods there are, "Armedia" IAA contacted a resident of Brussels Ivanna Volochij – a witness to what is happening in Brussels. "Everyone was in a panic. People were instructed to stay where they are and all schools, metros, trains, airport - everything is closed," she said. Speaking about the reasons for terrorism, Ivanna said: "Given the fact that they captured the main guy responsible for the terrorist attacks in Paris, they did so just to show that they are angry and there are many more of them out here."
It should be recalled that in these days the Armenian parliamentary delegation to Euronest PA is in Brussels. In an interview with "Armedia" IAA delegation member Tevan Poghosyan said that everything is OK with them and they are continuing their work to the Parliamentary Assembly (PA) of Euronest.
It is obvious that security in Europe is under a serious threat. There are several reasons for this, the most significant of which is related to the lack of means to deal with problems such as the migrant crisis, which has weakened Europe very much. Now the whole Europe in panic. British Prime Minister David Cameron has called an emergency meeting of the government, and the president of France, said that the authorities are doing everything necessary to ensure security in the country.
- Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
Armenia Records 166427 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenia, Iran FMs' Private Conversation Kicks Off
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
Vladimir Putin Had a Telephone Conversation with Joseph Biden
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif Arrived in Armenia
Opposition Prosperous Armenia Party Leader Meets with Russia Ambassador
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Sent Letters to the UN Secretary General and UNESCO Director-General
Armenia PM Appoints First Deputy Health Minister
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to India’s Prime Minister
Italian PM Conte to Resign Following Pandemic Criticism
There is a Positive Dynamic in President Armen Sarkissian’s Health Condition
PACE Calls on to Implement Provisions of Trilateral Statement on Karabakh
Artsakh Reports 21 New Cases of COVID-19 over Past Day
Human Rights Ombudsman’s Office of Artsakh Published a Report on the Threat to Armenian Cultural Heritage
138 COVID-19 New Cases Reported in Armenia
Artsakh Defense Army Published List Of 65 Servicemen Killed
Four More Bodies Of The Artsakh War Casualties Were Found
Ombudsman: The Issue Of Demarcation Is Of Fundamental Importance For The Rights Of The Border Residents Of The Syunik Region
Russian, Armenian And Azerbaijani Vice Premiers To Meet On January 27
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 3 km/h