70 Terrorist Attacks in 2 Years: Islamic State Comes Out to the Global Level
Since declaring its caliphate in June 2014, "Islamic State" has conducted or inspired more than 70 terrorist attacks in 20 countries. By the way, Syria and Iraq are not even included in this list. During the recent years thousands of people have lost their lives in terrorist attacks conducted in these countries. FOX 2 News presents the list of terrorist attacks that were conducted by the IS in Europe, North America, the Middle East and North Africa, Asia and Australia.
Terrorist attacks of IS started in Europe on May 24, 2014 when three people were killed in a shooting at the Jewish Museum in Brussels, Belgium.
On December 20, 2014 a 20-year-old French citizen who was born in Burundi stabbed three police officers in the French city of Tours.
On January 9, 2015 Amedy Coulibaly killed four hostages at a kosher grocery store in Paris. He allegedly shot a Paris policewoman the previous day.
On February 14, 2015 a gunman killed two people and wounded five police officers near a synagogue in Copenhagen, Denmark.
On June 26, 2015 a man shot selfies with the decapitated body of his boss before launching an attempted suicide attack at a U.S.-owned chemical factory near Lyon in southeastern France.
On September 2, 2015 IS announced that its affiliate in the Caucasus had launched an attack on a Russian military facility in southern Dagestan, claiming a number of Russian soldiers were killed or injured.
On November 13, 2015 a series of terror attacks in Paris killed at least 130 people and wounded more than 350 others. The attackers targeted six locations across the city - including a soccer match as France plays world champion Germany and the Bataclan concert hall.
On December 5, 2015 a 29-year-old man cut another man’s throat in the Underground station in London, England. The attacker was heard to shout, "This is for Syria, my Muslim brothers."
On December 30, 2015 the IS affiliate in the Caucasus said it carried out a gun attack in the city of Derbent in Dagestan, claiming to have killed a "Russian intelligence officer."
On February 15, 2016 the IS affiliate in the Caucasus claimed another bombing at a police checkpoint in Dagestan. Local officials said two police were killed and 12 injured.
The last terror attack of the Islamic State in Europe took place yesterday. At least 34 people have been killed in Brussels.
According to different sources the number of IS militants is estimated from 50 thousand to 200 thousand. US intelligence says every month more than 1000 fighters join the organization from France, the US, Canada, Morocco, Germany, Russia and other countries.
By the way, the name of Azerbaijan should be mentioned as a country that supplies the Islamic State with fighters and financial means. In terms of financing the IS, Azerbaijan is the second among the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) after Kazakhstan. More than 2,000 Azerbaijanis fight among IS militants.
- Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
Migrant Caravan Demands Biden Administration 'Honors Its Commitments'
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia: Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
351 COVID-19 New Cases Reported in Armenia
Indonesia’s Quake Death Toll Reaches at Least 56
Armenia Sees Decline in Pastry, Ice Cream Production
Powerful Earthquake in Indonesia Kills at Least 67, Injures Hundreds
Sadyr Japarov Wins 79.23% of Votes in Presidential Election in Kyrgyzstan
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
IRGC Launches Ballistic Missiles
263 COVID-19 New Cases Reported in Armenia Per Day
Azerbaijani Side Hands Over Bodies of Two Dead Armenian Servicemen
Indonesia Quake Kills at Least 42, Injures Hundreds
Turkey Informs About Composition of Turkish-Russian ceasefire Monitoring Center in Karabakh
Putin Discussed the Outcome of the Karabakh Trilateral Summit with Permanent Members of Russia's Security Council
Governor of Shirak Tigran Petrosyan Tenders Resignation
The Armenian Cultural Heritage in the Territories under the Azerbaijani Control is Seriously Endangered: MFA
More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI
North Korea Unveils New Submarine-Launched Missile
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 6 km/h