Afghan Taliban Announce Successor to Mullah Mansour
The Afghan Taliban have announced a new leader to replace Mullah Akhtar Mansour who was killed in a US drone strike.
In a statement, the Taliban acknowledged Mansour's death for the first time and named his successor as Mawlawi Hibatullah Akhundzada, - BBC writes.
Analysts say it is unlikely the group will change direction under hardline religious scholar Akhundzada.
Last year the Taliban were plunged into turmoil when Mansour replaced the group's founder Mullah Mohammad Omar.
Mansour was killed in a strike on his car in Pakistan's Balochistan province on Saturday.
Under his stewardship, the Taliban refused to take part in peace talks. Instead, militant attacks escalated and became more daring.
Mawlawi Hibatullah Akhundzada, a former head of the Taliban courts, was a deputy leader to Mansour.
- Pompeo: US "Will Continue to Lead" Fight Against Islamic State "The United States will continue to lead the coalition and the world on this essential security effort," Pompeo said as he opened a day of talks in Washington.
- Turkish Police Detain 7 Over ISIS Links One suspect is believed to be responsible for ISIS training camps that train some 2000 foreign militants per year, the daily said citing a statement by Turkey's interior ministry.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
Resolution Recognizing the Independence of the Republic of Artsakh Was Submitted to the City Council of Italian Palermo
Joe Biden Calls on Trump to Negotiate Directly with the Leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan to Resolve the Situation in Nagorno Karabakh
Prosperous Armenia Party to Send Delegation to Moscow to Discuss Situation in Artsakh
Artsakh's Army Improves Positions in Berdzor Direction
Sergey Lavrov and Jean-Yves Le Drian Discussed the Situation in Nagorno Karabakh
False Allegations of Turkish Defense Ministry Reflect the Dishonorable Nature of the Military-Political Leadership of Turkey: Armenia's MFA Spokesperson
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Create Bases for Terrorists, which Is of Serious Danger for the Whole Region
Bombing of Stepanakert Maternity Hospital Is Challange for Entire Civilized World: Artsakh's President
Turkish Bayraktars Carry Out Reconnaissance Flights Near Armenia Every Day
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the shelling of Artsakh’s Capital Stepanakert and City of Shushi by Azerbaijan
Armenian Response to the Bombing of the Stepanakert Hospital
Artsakh Ombudsman: Azerbaijani Armed Forces Struck More Than 15 Times on Different Parts of the Capital Stepanakert and Shushi Town
Continuing Hostilities in Karabakh Raise Concern and Regret – Peskov
Azerbaijani Forces Target Stepanakert's Maternity Hospital
The Condition of Armenian hit by Turk National with Hammer in France is Grave (video)
Armenia’s Security Council Secretary Received the Ambassador of France to Armenia
Azerbaijan’s Statement About Barda’s Shelling from Smerch MLRS by Armenian Armed Forces False: Shushan Stepanyan
Armenian President Congratulates Czech Counterpart on Statehood Day
Karabakh’s Defense Army Reports About 59 New Casualties, Total Number of Deceased Armenian Servicemen Reaches 1,068
Azerbaijan Fires a Missile from Smerch MRLS in the Direction of Artsakh's Capital Stepanakert
Armenians in Nagorno Karabakh Will Never Be Defeated: Kim Kardasian Posted President Sarkissian's Interview
Artsakh's Guardian Angel - St. Savior Ghazanchetsots Cathedral (Virtual Tour)
Kim Kardashian donates 1 million USD to "Hayastan" All Armenian Fund
Despite Your Best Efforts, Turkey, Azerbaijan... We Will Never Be Annihilated: Alexis Ohanian
Artsrun Hovhannisyan Presented Interactive Map of Military Actions (video)
Armen Knyazyan is Awarded with the Highest title of the "Hero of Artsakh"
We Hope Armenians Will Be Able to Defend Against what Azerbaijanis are Doing – Pompeo
Alexis Ohanian Calls on US to Stand Up to Dictators in Azerbaijan and Turkey and Rebuke Their Attacks on Armenians
Experts of the Human Rights Defender’s Office Have Identified Location and Time of Azerbaijani Criminal Ativities Towards Armenian Prisoners of War
Emmanuel Macron Proposes New Talks on Nagorno-Karabakh
Wind: 5 km/h