Trump Says US-Taliban Peace Talks are 'Dead'
US President Donald Trump says talks with the Taliban aimed at ending the 18-year war in Afghanistan are "dead", BBC reports.
"As far as I'm concerned, they are dead," he told White House reporters on Monday.
Over the weekend Mr Trump cancelled secret plans to host a Taliban delegation in the US after the militant group admitted killing a US soldier.
The two sides had appeared close to a deal and the Taliban said the US would "lose the most" for cancelling talks.
The US president has made withdrawing US troops from Afghanistan a key foreign policy aim, but asked about the 14,000 US troops still there he said: "We'd like to get out but we'll get out at the right time."
- Trump Authorizes Release of Emergency Oil Reserve "if Needed" after Attack on Saudi Oil Sites The attack over the weekend could disrupt an estimated 5.7 million barrels of oil per day, or more than 5% of the world's daily supply. Oil prices surged more than 10% late Sunday.
- Trump Considers double-Tapping Pompeo for National Security Adviser That would make Pompeo the second person in history to have both jobs at the same time. The first, Henry Kissinger, was already President Richard Nixon's national security adviser when he was appointed...
- Trump: Bolton Made ‘Some Very Big Mistakes’ In explaining Bolton’s departure, Trump suggested that North Korea was a large reason for his decision to fire Bolton. “He wanted nothing to do with John Bolton,” Trump said of Kim, whom the president...
- Trump Drains US Spending in Europe to Pay for Wall with Mexico Half of the $3.6 billion for the border wall would come from dozens of U.S. military construction projects, and the other half would come from projects in Europe and the Pacific.
- China Denies U.S. Warship Port Visit Amid Economic Tensions Between the Two Countries US military warships have occasionally made visits to China, most recently in 2017, the defence official said. The last US Navy ship to visit Qingdao was the destroyer Benfold in 2016.
Stepanakert Extends its International Relations
Nikol Pashinyan: “Developments in Armenia’s Security Environment Go in Tune with Security Council’s Forecasts”
President of Artsakh Received Rector of the National Polytechnic University of Armenia
New EU Ambassador to Armenia Presents Credentials to President Sarkissian
ANCA Presses US Department of State on Durable, Democratic Peace between Artsakh and Azerbaijan
President Bako Sahakyan Received a Group of Representatives of the Republic's Physical Culture and Sports Sphere
Lagarde Wins EU Lawmakers' Approval to Lead European Central Bank
Blast Hits Eni Refinery, No Injuries
Trump Rules out North Korea Visit for Now
Deadly Clashes On Tajik-Kyrgyz Border Leave One Dead
Ex-President of Armenia Will Remain in Custody
President Sarkissian Receives International Experts, Venture Investors Luigi Amati and Brigitt Bauma
Khamenei Says Iranian Officials 'Will Never Talk To America'
Blackout Hits 4 Nations in Central America, Affects Millions
Trump Says U.S. Reaches Trade Deals With Japan, No Word on Cars
OSCE to Conduct Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border
Trump: ‘We’d Certainly Like to Avoid’ War With Iran
Armenian Prime Minister to Travel to United States on Working Visit
Israelis Vote in Second General Election in Five Months
PM Attends Housewarming Ceremonies in Jrashen Community of Lori Marz
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
Armenia PM: If Government Were Subjected to Pressure on Teghut Matter, Over 900 People Would Again Be Unemployed
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
CSTO Will Always Welcome Cooperation with all the Former Republics of the USSR: Deputy Prime Minister of Russia
Jerusalem Municipality Plans to Reconstruct the Armenian Patriarchate Road
Government Sets up Terms and Conditions for Affordable Long-Term Mortgage Lending for Contract Servicemen
Mine Exploitation Means 10-25 Blasts a Day, with Each Blast Raising 25 Tons of Dust: Ex-Governor of Vayots Dzor
Wind: 5 km/h