Trump Says US-Taliban Peace Talks are 'Dead'
US President Donald Trump says talks with the Taliban aimed at ending the 18-year war in Afghanistan are "dead", BBC reports.
"As far as I'm concerned, they are dead," he told White House reporters on Monday.
Over the weekend Mr Trump cancelled secret plans to host a Taliban delegation in the US after the militant group admitted killing a US soldier.
The two sides had appeared close to a deal and the Taliban said the US would "lose the most" for cancelling talks.
The US president has made withdrawing US troops from Afghanistan a key foreign policy aim, but asked about the 14,000 US troops still there he said: "We'd like to get out but we'll get out at the right time."
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met with the Delegation of the Armenian Assembly of America At the request of the guests, the Foreign Minister presented the main directions and priorities of the foreign policy of Artsakh, touched upon the processes of peaceful settlement of the Azerbaijan-Karabakh...
- PM attends UN debate on Sustainable Development During his working visit to New York, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan participated in the “UN Sustainable Development Goals: The 2020-2030 Vision” summit and delivered a speech. Below is the full text...
- PM speaks at Columbia University in New York Since 1994 when a ceasefire agreement was signed between Nagorno-Karabakh, Azerbaijan and Armenia, the Nagorno-Karabakh peace process became an indispensable part of regional politics.
- PM Attends Armenia-Los Angeles Business Forum Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan’s working visit to the United States, Los Angeles, continues.
- Trump's Communications with a Foreign Leader Sparked Whistleblower Complaint The source who spoke to CNN would not disclose the foreign leader with whom Trump was alleged to have spoken.
Nobel Prize in Economics Won by Trio for Work on Easing Poverty
MFA: Armenia Urges Partners not to Contribute to Arms Race
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Sarkissian Sent Condolences to the Emperor of Japan
Georgia Prime Minister Giorgi Gakharia to Arrive in Armenia on Official Visit
President of Artsakh Convenes Consultation with Senior Staff of Foreign Ministry’s Central Apparatus
Japan Typhoon – 40 Dead and 189 Injured
Kurds Reach Deal with Syrian Army
Poland Election: Ruling Law and Justice Party Claims Victory
Jane Fonda Arrested During Climate Protest Outside U.S. Capitol
Germany's Merkel Tells Erdogan to Halt Syria Offensive Immediately
Artsakh President Participated at Harvest Day Trade Fair
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting With Members of the USA Delegation
Parliamentary Elections Underway in Poland
1 Dead, 50 Injured as Typhoon Hagibis Makes Landfall on Japan's Izu Peninsula
Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting in Stepanakert With Members of the Delegation From Canada
Turkey Takes Control of Syria's Ras al-Ayn
More Than Six Million People Advised to Evacuate in Japan
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Talks with Vladimir Putin
Euro 2021: Armenia U21 National Team Celebrates Its Frst Victory
I've Heard about Blood-Thirsty Turks since I Was 11: Cher Reminded about Armenian Genocide and Condemned Ankara’s Operations in Syria
Armenia Marks the 28th Anniversary of Independence
Google Changes Doodle to Mark Armenia’s 28th Anniversary of Independence
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
ANCA thanks Kim Kardashian for raising Armenia's worldwide recognition
Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum
Strategic Military Exercises to be Held on September 24-October 5, Involving Government Agencies and Local Self-Government Organizations
''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law
Military Rank of Lieutenant-General Conferred to the Artsakh Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson on Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev's Speech at Valdai Discussion Club
Wind: 5 km/h