Is Moldova Turning to the Eurasian Economic Union?
Moldovan President Igor Dodon initiated the process of obtaining observer status in the Eurasian Economic Union. As Dodon wrote on his Facebook page, he had already sent a letter to the President of the Eurasian Economic Commission. "Moldova will cooperate both with the West and the East, and this cooperation should be based just on national interests of our country," Dodon said, stressing that the country gives a great importance to cooperation with regional economic unions. It is expected that the issue of granting observer status to Moldova in the Eurasian Economic Union will be discussed during the meeting of heads of member states of the Eurasian Economic Union late in May.
It should be noted that the intention of deepening cooperation between the Eurasian Economic Union was first announced by the President of Moldova in January, after his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow.
Dodon regularly stands against Moldova Association Agreement with the EU, noting that it has done no good to the country. Moreover, Moldova lost the Russian market, while the volume of exports to the EU fell due to high EU standards. "I do not exclude that after the next parliamentary elections in Moldova this document can be canceled," Dodon said in Moscow.
It should be noted, that the Moldovan authorities during Dodon’s visit to Moscow made a request to sign a memorandum on cooperation with the Eurasian Economic Union, and according to the Moldovan media, the memorandum will be signed within the framework of the International Economic Forum to be held in Chisinau on April 3, and in which Chairman of Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission Tigran Sargsyan will also participate. Moldovan president stressed that the agreement does not contradict the country's other international commitments.
This initiative of the president of Moldova supports Moldovan expert community, noting that the only way to come out of the economic crisis may be return to the Russian market, and the deepening of cooperation with the Eurasian Economic Union can have a positive influence on it. Moreover, surveys show that the majority of Moldovans shares this approach of authorities, and it is not excluded that in case of a referendum on joining the Eurasian Economic Union, it will have a positive outcome.
- Moldova's Fledgling Government Brought Down by no Confidence Vote Parties now have 90 days to try to form a new government. If they fail to do so, another parliamentary election would be called.
- Political Crisis in Moldova: Will There Be an End to the Dual Power? In Moldova, the dual power established since Saturday continues, President Igor Dodon has summoned a Security Council session. He has canceled the decree on dissolving the parliament.
- Moldova Court Relieves Dodon of Duty as President Dodon is a former chief of the Socialist party and backed the formation of the new government.
- Moldova Court Suspends President Dodon The court reportedly relieved Dodon of his duties because he failed to approve any candidate put forward by the prime minister to appoint two subordinate ministers.
- The Constitutional Court Suspended Moldovan President's power: What Does It Mean? For the first time the part of Dodon’s power was taken away in October. Then he twice rejected the candidacy of Eugen Sturza, proposed for the post of Minister of Defense.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 2.06 km/h