Only 1.65% of the Armenian Voters Expressed Themselves in Favor of Great Concessions on Karabakh Issue
The results of the Parliamentary elections of Armenia have been discussed and are still being discussed from different aspects. It is quite interesting to analyze the results of the elections making parallels with the approaches of the political forces on important issues for us and the votes they received as a result. Below we will make such an analysis based on the approaches of 9 political forces on the issue of Karabakh conflict.
Before passing to the analysis, it should be mentioned that it would be wrong to mainly condition the results of the elections by the position of the political forces on this or that foreign policy issue, ignoring other objective and subjective factors.
According to the approaches expressed by the 9 political forces during the campaign on Karabakh issue, those forces can be divided into three groups.
Accordingly, Armenian Revolutionary Federation (ARF) sees the final solution of Karabakh conflict to be Artsakh’s reunification with Mother Armenia. This party considers international recognition of Artsakh to be a temporary solution that has a strategic importance. As a result of the elections ARF received 6.57% of the votes.
"Congress-People’s Party of Armenia" alliance considers that reconciliation with neighbors is an imperative for the existence of Armenia and Artsakh. In other words, this alliance presented reconciliation as a condition for the security of Armenia and Artsakh, as well as for the implementation of the Artsakh’s right to self-determination. This party received 1.65% of the votes.
The third group comprises the rest of the 6 political forces ("Armenian Renaissance" party is not included at all, as it did not have any reference to Karabakh issue in its election program), which, with some small differences, see the solution of the issue through concessions and negotiations. This group received 80% of the votes.
To sum up, it should be mentioned that the least votes received the approach adopted by "Congress-PPA" party, which supposed great concessions. Instead, the voters supported the settlement of the conflict with negotiations and concessions, without any extremes.
- France Calls for Release of all Armenian POWs The ministry of foreign affairs of France has called for the release of all Armenian prisoners of war who are held captive in Azerbaijan
- OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Return, New Agenda Is Being Formed The statements of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and the messages coming from the Co-Chair countries indicate activation of this format.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to the UN SG and Specialized Bodies The letters in particular state, that the forced evictions carried out by Azerbaijan in Shoushi violate, directly and indirectly, the full spectrum of civil, cultural, economic, political and social rights...
- Azerbaijanis Destroy Armenian Cemetery in the Village of Mets Tagher An Armenian cemetery in the village of Mets Tagher was recently destroyed.
- Armenia MFA Issues Statement over Construction Works Being Carried out by Azerbaijan in Shushi’s Ghazanchetsots Church In this situation, all the concerns of the Armenian side that these actions of Azerbaijan are manifestations of vandalism, aimed at depriving the Shushi Mother Cathedral of its Armenian identity are more...
- RA President: Armenia Has No Longer Individual-Centered Government Our people witnessed the advantage of it, after the election, when for the first time in the history people did not gather and say they would make a revolution.
- The New Parliament Will Carry Out Multi-Vector and Balanced Foreign Policy In regard with Karabakh conflict, the new Parliament will have a joint approach – to resolve the conflict through peaceful negotiations. Nevertheless, in the approaches of the 4 political forces there...
- Post-Election Armenia: Changes Are Recorded in the Political Culture These elections were obsereved by an unprecedented number of observers, including both international observers and local ones, as well as our compatriots from Diaspora. This means that more representatives...
- What Relations with the Diaspora Did the RA Citizens Choose? Armenian Revolutionary Federation, which received 103,48 votes, thinks that the Armenian Diaspora should be fully integrated in the development of Armenian statehood.
- Post-Election Armenia: Global Changes in Politics in the Context of Karabakh Settlement Are Not Expected The results of the elections showed the public reaction to the approaches of the forces on the Karabakh settlement as well. Particularly, the results showed that for example that the approaches of the...
Embassy of Armenia in Russia Condemns Act of Vandalism against Armenian Cemetery in Yaroslavl Region
Turkish Defense Ministry Uses Word ''Genocide'' then Deletes It
Armenia has returned all Azerbaijani POWs: Anna Naghdalyan
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to the OCSE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and the PR of the OSCE CiO on the Threat to Water Security of Artsakh
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia Records 218681 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Canada Calls for Release of All Armenian Captives
France Calls for Release of all Armenian POWs
U.S. Considering 'Additional' Military Assistance To Ukraine, Blinken Tells
Some Road in Armenia is Difficult to Pass
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Return, New Agenda Is Being Formed
Armenian Foreign Ministry Salutes Declaration of Latvia's Parliament Recognizing Armenian Genocide
Robert Kocharyan, ARF-D and Opposition "Reviving Armenia" Party to Hold Rally on May 9 in Yerevan
The Peace Process Needs to be Resumed in Order to Reach a Final Settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: Nikol Pashinyan to Sergey Lavrov
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Lavrov Confident POW Issue Will Be Soon Solved
Artsakh to Develop New Concept Paper on Agriculture Development
Sergey Lavrov, Ara Aivazian Visit Victory Park in Yerevan
Reviving Armenia Party to Run in Snap Parliamentary Elections with ex-President Kocharyan-led Bloc
Lavrov Responds to Aliyev's 'Zangezur Corridor' Claims
Even if Biden Uses the Term "Genocide", it Wouldn't Be Right to Consider it as Final Recognition: Interview with Harut Sassounian (Exclusive)
Armenian-Australian Community Appeals to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
The Feelings and Emotions We Had During the 44-Day War in Artsakh: Interview with the Author of the Book "On This Side of the Window"
Armenia's Ombudsman Addresses CoE Committee of Ministers for Immediate Return of Armenian POWs in Azerbaijan
Can’t Rely on Their Mood: Lavrov Excoriates Washington’s 'Dead-End' Policy toward Russia
Silent Protest Demanding the Return of Armenian PoWs Canceled in Warsaw Due to Turkish-Azerbaijani Threats
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Call on Parties to Resume Dialogue Under their Auspices at Earliest Opportunity
Artsakh Reports 8 Daily Coronavirus Cases
The Tragic Events in Maragha will Remain an Incurable Wound in the Memory of Our People: Armenia's MFA
Secretary of State Blinken Visits Afghanistan Day After US Announces Plans for Withdrawal
Wind: 10 km/h