Only 1.65% of the Armenian Voters Expressed Themselves in Favor of Great Concessions on Karabakh Issue
The results of the Parliamentary elections of Armenia have been discussed and are still being discussed from different aspects. It is quite interesting to analyze the results of the elections making parallels with the approaches of the political forces on important issues for us and the votes they received as a result. Below we will make such an analysis based on the approaches of 9 political forces on the issue of Karabakh conflict.
Before passing to the analysis, it should be mentioned that it would be wrong to mainly condition the results of the elections by the position of the political forces on this or that foreign policy issue, ignoring other objective and subjective factors.
According to the approaches expressed by the 9 political forces during the campaign on Karabakh issue, those forces can be divided into three groups.
Accordingly, Armenian Revolutionary Federation (ARF) sees the final solution of Karabakh conflict to be Artsakh’s reunification with Mother Armenia. This party considers international recognition of Artsakh to be a temporary solution that has a strategic importance. As a result of the elections ARF received 6.57% of the votes.
"Congress-People’s Party of Armenia" alliance considers that reconciliation with neighbors is an imperative for the existence of Armenia and Artsakh. In other words, this alliance presented reconciliation as a condition for the security of Armenia and Artsakh, as well as for the implementation of the Artsakh’s right to self-determination. This party received 1.65% of the votes.
The third group comprises the rest of the 6 political forces ("Armenian Renaissance" party is not included at all, as it did not have any reference to Karabakh issue in its election program), which, with some small differences, see the solution of the issue through concessions and negotiations. This group received 80% of the votes.
To sum up, it should be mentioned that the least votes received the approach adopted by "Congress-PPA" party, which supposed great concessions. Instead, the voters supported the settlement of the conflict with negotiations and concessions, without any extremes.
- Artsakh's Charektar and Aknaberd Villages to Remain Under Armenian Party's Control “The residents of Charektar have mainly taken their items and burned their homes, and nobody knows if they will return or if a military base will be deployed in the village,” the village head told...
- Kremlin Does not Comment on Erdogan's Words on Expanding Ceasefire Efforts on Karabakh “The modalities of joint work along the lines of the joint monitoring center" were also at the focus, Peskov added.
- Prime Minister: The Joint Statement Provides for the Return to Their Homes for People living in the Regions of Nagorno-Karabakh Nikol Pashinyan gave an interview to the Russian TASS news agency. Below is the full transcript of the Prime Minister’s interview:
- PM Holds Another Meeting with Families of Captured and Missing Persons The Prime Minister listened to those present and answered their questions. Reference was made to the activities of the recently established interdepartmental working group.
- PM Meets with Families of Captured and Missing People Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan met with members of families of Armenian servicemen and civilians missing or captured in the Artsakh war.
- RA President: Armenia Has No Longer Individual-Centered Government Our people witnessed the advantage of it, after the election, when for the first time in the history people did not gather and say they would make a revolution.
- The New Parliament Will Carry Out Multi-Vector and Balanced Foreign Policy In regard with Karabakh conflict, the new Parliament will have a joint approach – to resolve the conflict through peaceful negotiations. Nevertheless, in the approaches of the 4 political forces there...
- Post-Election Armenia: Changes Are Recorded in the Political Culture These elections were obsereved by an unprecedented number of observers, including both international observers and local ones, as well as our compatriots from Diaspora. This means that more representatives...
- What Relations with the Diaspora Did the RA Citizens Choose? Armenian Revolutionary Federation, which received 103,48 votes, thinks that the Armenian Diaspora should be fully integrated in the development of Armenian statehood.
- Post-Election Armenia: Global Changes in Politics in the Context of Karabakh Settlement Are Not Expected The results of the elections showed the public reaction to the approaches of the forces on the Karabakh settlement as well. Particularly, the results showed that for example that the approaches of the...
Armenian FM Holds Phone Talks with Co-Chairs of OSCE Minsk Group
Resolution Adopted by the French Senate Is a Crucial Step Towards the Recognition of the Right to Self-Determination Exercised by the People of Artsakh: Armenia's MFA
Pashinyan Talks with Secretary General of the International Organization of La Francophonie Louise Mushikiwabo over the Phone
Recognition of Artsakh’s Independence by French Senate to Do No Good to Anyone: French Minister Says
Artsakh Foreign Ministry Express Deep Gratitude for Adoption of Resolution by French Senate on Recognizing Artsakh
French Senate Adopts Resolution on Necessity to Recognize Artsakh’s Independence
Prime Minister: The Joint Statement Provides for the Return to Their Homes for People living in the Regions of Nagorno-Karabakh
Debates on Resolution on Necessity to Recognize Artsakh’s Independence Kicks Off at French Senate
Prime Minister Holds Another Meeting with Business Community Representatives
Artsakh's Charektar and Aknaberd Villages to Remain Under Armenian Party's Control
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Kremlin Does not Comment on Erdogan's Words on Expanding Ceasefire Efforts on Karabakh
WHO Facilitates Deployment of UK Medical Team to Support Armenia Healthcare System’s Coronavirus Response
Armenia Records 129085 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Ex-Education Minister Arayik Harutyunyan Gets New Post
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Open only for Trucks
PM Holds Another Meeting with Families of Captured and Missing Persons
Humanitarian Aid Sent by Russian Emergency Situations Ministry to Be Delivered to Shushi and Stepanakert
Debates on Recognition of Artsakh’s Independence to Kick Off in French Senate on November 25
Ara Ayvazyan Holds Telephone Conversation with US Deputy Secretary of State
The Condition of Armenian hit by Turk National with Hammer in France is Grave (video)
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Peaceful Armenian Demonstration in France Attacked by Knife, Hammer-Wielding Turkish Nationals
Glendale Officially Recognizes Artsakh Independence, Calls on US President, Congress to Follow Lead
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Wind: 5 km/h