What Relations with the Diaspora Did the RA Citizens Choose?
According to the final results of April 2 Parliamentary elections, 4 political forces will be presented in the RA National Assembly – Republican Party of Armenia, "Tsarukyan" alliance, "Yelq" alliance and Armenian Revolutionary Federation.
What approach did the 9 political forces participating in the elections had on Armenia-Diaspora relations and which particular approaches received the most of the votes?
It should be mentioned that only 2 of 9 political forces did not refer to the issue of the Armenian Diaspora in their election programs – Armenian Communist Party and "Congress-People’s Party of Armenia" alliance.
"Free Democrats" party, which presented the calculation of the capital of the Diaspora and in its election program presented the relations between Armenia and the Diaspora in the framework of bringing this capital to Armenia, received 14,739 votes.
"Armenian Renaissance" party, mentioning the importance of having pan-Armenian council and pan-Armenian Parliament, but not saying in details what it mean, received 58,265 votes.
"Ohanyan-Raffi-Oskanyan" alliance also talked of an unexplained system - integrated system of worldwide Armenians. This alliance received 32,508 votes.
It should be mentioned that these three forces that did not enter the Parliament, in regard with the issue of the Diaspora, came up with innovative ideas, but they left great uncertainty, as they did not open the brackets.
"Yelk" alliance, which entered the Parliament, also came up with an innovative idea with opened brackets. The alliance suggests creating the second chamber in the Parliament, which will be composed of the representatives of our Diaspora, who will be elected right by the members of their communities. According to the alliance, the exclusive responsibility of the parliament will be the appointment of the director of the "Hayastan" All-Armenian Fund, as well as the appointment of ministers in charge of immigration and Diaspora investments. This alliance received 122,065 votes.
Armenian Revolutionary Federation, which received 103,48 votes, thinks that the Armenian Diaspora should be fully integrated in the development of Armenian statehood. "Tsarukyan" alliance, which received 428,836 votes, considers that the Diaspora should be given an opportunity to introduce certain programs in the RA Government. The Republican Party of Armenia, which received the majority of the votes – 770,441, believes that everything should be done, so as our compatriots gather around the Motherland.
- RA President: Armenia Has No Longer Individual-Centered Government Our people witnessed the advantage of it, after the election, when for the first time in the history people did not gather and say they would make a revolution.
- The New Parliament Will Carry Out Multi-Vector and Balanced Foreign Policy In regard with Karabakh conflict, the new Parliament will have a joint approach – to resolve the conflict through peaceful negotiations. Nevertheless, in the approaches of the 4 political forces there...
- Post-Election Armenia: Changes Are Recorded in the Political Culture These elections were obsereved by an unprecedented number of observers, including both international observers and local ones, as well as our compatriots from Diaspora. This means that more representatives...
- Only 1.65% of the Armenian Voters Expressed Themselves in Favor of Great Concessions on Karabakh Issue It should be mentioned that the least votes received the approach adopted by "Congress-PPA" party, which supposed great concessions. Instead, the voters supported the settlement of the conflict with negotiations...
- Post-Election Armenia: Global Changes in Politics in the Context of Karabakh Settlement Are Not Expected The results of the elections showed the public reaction to the approaches of the forces on the Karabakh settlement as well. Particularly, the results showed that for example that the approaches of the...
Stable Operational Situation Maintained along Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Ombudsman Tatoyan, German Ambassador Discuss Return of Armenian POWs from Azerbaijan
Lavrov, Head of UN Alliance of Civilizations Discuss Upcoming Conference
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to International Structures in Connection with Armenian Prisoners of War and Civilians Detained by Azerbaijan
Bodies of 7 Servicemen And 1 Civilian Found During Search Works in Karabakh
Armenia Records 164912 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Iran, Turkey Ink 3 Railroad Deals
India Moves ahead to Procure more MiG-29s and Sukhois
Russia’s FM Says Now not the Best Time to Discuss Nagorno Karabakh Status
Armenian Ambassador to Attend Biden Inauguration
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia's PM Replaces Head of his Staff Eduard Aghajanyan with Released Health Minister Arsen Torosyan
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Representatives of the ARF Dashnaktsutyun Supreme Body of Armenia and Central Committee of Artsakh
COVID-Infected President Sarkissian to Be Discharged from Hospital Soon
Armenia Central Bank Issues New Collector Coins
President’s Office confirms receiving PM’s motion on dismissing Healthcare Minister Arsen Torosyan
Iran jails U.S. Businessman, Possibly Jeopardizing Biden's Plans for Diplomacy with Tehran
Global Coronavirus Cases Top 95 mln
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 8 km/h