Erdogan Compared Merkel’s Anti-Turkey Statement to Nazism
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan compared anti-Turkey statements by German politicians to "Nazism" after Chancellor Angela Merkel said she would seek to end talks on Ankara's accession to the EU.
"I'm not saying you're a Nazi, a fascist. I am explaining the incident… This incident is Nazism. This is fascism," Erdogan said, reacting to comments made by Merkel and Martin Schulz, her Social Democratic rival, during a televised debate ahead of elections on September 24th, The Local reports.
"You have entered into the election campaign in a competition for this title," he told local ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) officials in Ankara.
- Erdogan Has Limited Options to Save Turkey from Financial Crisis: Reuters Erdogan has limited options. Most involve a loss of face or a loss of sovereignty for which he alone would be blamed, having successfully marginalized not just a divided opposition but his own Justice...
- 'You Don’t Understand' Fury as Macron Brands Turkey 'Anti-European' Mr Macron asked French ambassadors in Paris: “Do we think today that in a clear and honest manner we can continue accession negotiations with Turkey to join the European Union?”
- Turkey's Biggest Mobile Phone Importing Companies Cancel their Phone Orders According to the traders, the buyers in Anatolia also cancelled their contracts for the purchase of iPhone models.
- Erdogan Says Attempts to Exert Economic Pressure on Turkey Futile Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has described attempts to exert economic pressure on his country, including by means of destabilizing its financial system, as futile.
- Turkey, US Reach Preliminary Agreement on Sanctions Crisis Brunson, who led a Protestant church in the Aegean city of İzmir, is at the center of one of the most serious crises in relations between the NATO allies in years.
- EU Official Urges Tougher Checks on Citizenship Bids Brussels argues that citizenship should be awarded only in cases where there is a genuine link to the country concerned, but decisions are a matter for individual countries.
- Carles Puigdemont Returns to Belgium After Extradition Bid Fails Former Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont has returned to Belgium from Germany after Spain dropped an international arrest warrant for charges of rebellion over an illegal declaration of independence.
- NATO, EU Leaders to Sign Declaration on Enhanced Cooperation: Stoltenberg “NATO and EU leaders plan to sign a new joint declaration in July to further enhance their level of cooperation,” Jens Stoltenberg said at NATO Defense Ministers meeting on Friday.
- "Party for Macron": What Do French People Complain of? In their turn, the students, who joined the protestors, were concerned by Macron’s plan to reform the higher education system to increase competitiveness, arguing that in that case the universal right...
- Air France Offers Flights with Alcohol and Digital Entertainment The price of the ticket to European destinations departing from Paris starts at €49 (£43) each way, while long haul flights start from €149 each way, excluding checked baggage.
RA MFA: Armenia Desn’t Put Forward Preconditions for Pashinyan-Aliyev Meeting
Turkmenistan's Population Will Pay for Electricity, Gas, Drinking Water and Salt
Sharmazanov: We Condemn Disaster of Khatyn and Azerbaijanis’ Atrocities in Artsakh
Declaration of Friendship Resigned Between Berdzor of Artsakh and Alfortville of France
EEC Chief: Eurasian Economic Union could get WTO observer status in two years
Argentina to Bring Allegations of Venezuelan Human Rights Abuses to ICC - Macri
Turkey Cannot Remain Silent over Use of Sanctions as 'Weapons': Erdogan
Nikol Pashinyan, Johannes Hahn Discuss Ways of Expanding EU-Armenia Cooperation
Meeting between Armenian Foreign Minister and OSCE Minsk Group Co-Cahirs Has Already Started
Trump: Iranians Must 'Change Their Tune' before any Meeting
Google Chrome Authorizes Users Without Their Consent
Nikol Pashinyan Visits Armenia Exhibition at New York’s Metropolitan Museum (Photos)
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received the Delegation of the French Town of Alfortville
North Korea Made Great Progress in Denuclearization
Russian President holds phone talks with Israeli PM
First Meeting of EU-RA Partnership Committee in Trade Configuration under the CEPA to Be Held in Yerevan today
Azerbaijani Opposition Figures Oppose Putin's Visit
EU to Set Up a Mechanism to Continue Legitimate Business with Iran
Excessive Drinking Killed over 3 million People in 2016
"Days of Artsakh in France" Festival to be Concluded
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Gevorg Harutyunyan Took the Third Place at the "New Wave -2018" International Music Contest
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Jean-Claude Van Damme to Be on Hand at Comedy Club Festival in Yerevan
"Declaration of Independence Laid Foundation of Artsakh’s State-Building’ – Armenian President Extends Congrats on 27th Anniversary
Dan Bilzerian Heads to Artsakh
In the Past There Were More Armenians in Baku than Azerbaijanis, and More Armenians in Tbilisi than Georgians - Zatulin
Armenia’s National Security Service Director Confirms: His Telephone Conversation with Investigation Service Chief Was Wiretapped
Wind: 11.27 km/h