Iraq Forces Launch Operation to Liberate Last ISIS Stronghold
Iraq’s Joint Operations Command launched an operation to release Rawa district in the west of Anbar province from the Islamic State, news.am reports.
Al-Hashd Al-Shaabi militia and army units took control of the administrative district of Al Qaim, near Rawa on November 3.
Prime Minister of Iraq Haider al-Abadi called the cities of Al Qaim and Rawa the last strongholds of terrorists.
The military regained control of Rumana and nine settlements in the western part of the country this month.
The army liberated the city of El-Havij in Kirkuk province on October.
According to US-led coalition, terrorists lost 95 percent of the territory they once controlled in Iraq and Syria. The U.S. expects ISIS "caliphate" will cease to exist until the end of the year.
- Pompeo: US "Will Continue to Lead" Fight Against Islamic State "The United States will continue to lead the coalition and the world on this essential security effort," Pompeo said as he opened a day of talks in Washington.
- Turkish Police Detain 7 Over ISIS Links One suspect is believed to be responsible for ISIS training camps that train some 2000 foreign militants per year, the daily said citing a statement by Turkey's interior ministry.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
Trump Orders to Declassify Set of Documents Related to FBI’s Russia Probe
Germany Extends COVID Lockdown until February 14
114 Refugees Return to Nagorno Karabakh in a Day
Iran’s Rouhani Hails Departure of ‘Tyrant’ Trump
Trump Grants Pardons to 73 Individuals, Including Ex-Adviser Bannon
Body of MIA Soldier Found in Jabrayil
Armenia Records 165221 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Competent State Body of Armenia Must Publish the Number of Armenian POWs – Ombudsman
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
We Will Continue to Fight to Make Your Dreams Come True: Garo Paylan about Hrant Dink
Armenia’s Minister of Defense Receives Delegation of Yerkrapah Volunteer Union
Trump Orders to Restrict Purchase of Unmanned Aircraft Systems from Russia and China
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
Stable Operational Situation Maintained along Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Ombudsman Tatoyan, German Ambassador Discuss Return of Armenian POWs from Azerbaijan
Lavrov, Head of UN Alliance of Civilizations Discuss Upcoming Conference
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to International Structures in Connection with Armenian Prisoners of War and Civilians Detained by Azerbaijan
Bodies of 7 Servicemen And 1 Civilian Found During Search Works in Karabakh
Armenia Records 164912 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 5 km/h