Pope Francis: Respect the ''Status Quo'' of Jerusalem
Pope Francis, speaking before US President Donald Trump’s upcoming announcement on Jerusalem, called to respect city’s ''status quo'', saying new tension in the Middle East would further inflame world conflicts, Reuters reports.
“I make a heartfelt appeal so that all commit themselves to respecting the status quo of the city, in conformity with the pertinent resolutions of the United Nations,” he said.
Trump is due on Wednesday to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and set in motion the relocation of the US Embassy to the ancient city, a decision that upends decades of US policy and risks fuelling further violence in the Middle East.
The Vatican backs a two-state solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, with both sides agreeing on the status of Jerusalem as part of the peace process.
- Australia Recognises West Jerusalem as Israeli Capital The status of Jerusalem is one of the most contested issues between Israel and the Palestinians.
- UN Rejects US-Drafted Resolution to Condemn Hamas The resolution required two-thirds support and while Assembly resolutions are non-binding, they can carry political weight.
- Northern Shield: Israel Launches Operation on Lebanon Border The Israel Defense Force announced the discovery of the tunnels on Tuesday morning, and has started destroying them, dubbing the operation Northern Shield.
- Netanyahu Rushes Back to Israel after Burst of Gaza Violence Netanyahu's office said he cut short a visit to Paris because of the flare-up and he was set to arrive back in Israel on Monday morning.
- Palestine Liberation Organization Votes to Suspend Recognition of State of Israel In the decision, announced after a meeting late Monday, the PLO said it will halt all its commitments to the "occupation authorities" until Israel recognises a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders...
- Pentagon to Scrutinize Recruits with Green Cards and Other Foreign Ties Anyone identified for the screening would not be allowed to attend recruit training until they are cleared, a process that could take days for some but drag on much longer for others.
- Iran Foreign Minister Condemns US Imprisonment of Press TV Anchor Press TV has learned that she was transferred by the FBI to a detention facility in Washington, DC. The US officials have so far refused to provide any reasons for her apprehension either to her or her...
- Sanctions Relief Removes Obstacle to US-Armenia Aluminum Trade The U.S. Senate’s rejection today of a bid to block the easing of sanctions on Russian aluminum company Rusal PLC will have the practical effect of reducing pressure on an Armenian aluminum mill.
- Donald Trump is a Serial Re-Gifter of Christmas Presents He then said at one point, his dad even gave him a present that he recognized immediately because it was from him.
- The USA Congratulates Armenians on the Conduct of their Parliamentary Elections The United States concurs with the OSCE’s preliminary conclusions that the elections process enjoyed broad public trust and respected fundamental freedoms. We encourage the authorities to address OSCE...
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Robert Kocharyan to Remain in Jail for Another 2 Months
On the Very First Day of His Arrival in Yerevan Lapshin Got Threats from Azerbaijan
January of 1990 Divided the Lives of Baku Armenians into Before and After
Freedom House: Armenia Is A Country With "Free" Net
Turkey Warns Syrian Army against Entering Manbij
The Chairpersons of Eleven Standing Committees of NA of Armenia Are Elected
Artsakh MPs Release Statement on 29th Anniversary of 1990 Pogroms in Baku
Krakow Will Host the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019
Armenian President Sarkissian Played Tennis with His Wife (VIDEO)
Armen Sarkissian Hailed Sheikh Sultan Bin Muhammad Al-Qasimi’s Special attention towards the Armenian People
I Owe a Live Broadcast on the Government Structure: Nikol Pashinyan
Trump Cancels US Delegation's Trip to Davos
António Guterres Welcomes Paris Meeting of Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs
Some Roads in Armenia are Cosed and Difficult to Pass
EU to Allocate Armenia 732 Million Euros for Transport Projects
Georgia’s President is Declining Her Official Salary and will Continue to Live on Her French Pension
Tension between Russia and Azerbaijan: Armenians to Be Blamed?
Only 2/3 of Cabinet Members will be Appointed in the Near Future - Nikol Pashinyan Refers to Government Formation
Preparing for Peace? Stepanakert Responded to OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Statement
Congratulatory Address by Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan on New Year and Christmas Holidays (VIDEO)
Erdogan Officially Declared 2019 as the Year of Armenian Portasar
His Holiness Karekin II Catholicos of All Armenians Sends a Message on the Occasion of the Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ
James Mattis to step down as US defence secretary after announcing he can no longer support Donald Trump
Nikol Pashinyan:"We Have Erased the Borderline Between Armenia and the Diaspora Because our Main Task is to Create Opportunities for Everyone"
As the Leader of the Country that Chairs the International Organization of La Francophonie, Nikol Pashinyan Signs OIF Secretary General’s Employment Contract
Artsakh Republic President Addressed Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of New Year and Christmas Holidays
Meeting between Pashinyan and Belarusian candidate for CSTO Secretary general not Planned: Arman Yeghoyan
Eve of Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Candlelight (Lucernarium) Divine Liturgy
Pompeo: US Withdrawal from Syria doesn't Change Mission to Destroy ISIS and Stop Iran's Influence in the Mideast