Pope Francis: Respect the ''Status Quo'' of Jerusalem
Pope Francis, speaking before US President Donald Trump’s upcoming announcement on Jerusalem, called to respect city’s ''status quo'', saying new tension in the Middle East would further inflame world conflicts, Reuters reports.
“I make a heartfelt appeal so that all commit themselves to respecting the status quo of the city, in conformity with the pertinent resolutions of the United Nations,” he said.
Trump is due on Wednesday to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and set in motion the relocation of the US Embassy to the ancient city, a decision that upends decades of US policy and risks fuelling further violence in the Middle East.
The Vatican backs a two-state solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, with both sides agreeing on the status of Jerusalem as part of the peace process.
- Israel Strikes 100 Targets in Gaza in Response to Rockets Fired at Tel Aviv Shortly thereafter, alarms sounded again in Israel's south. The Israeli army said two rockets were launched from Gaza, one of them intercepted by Iron Dome. No injuries or damages were reported.
- Australia Recognises West Jerusalem as Israeli Capital The status of Jerusalem is one of the most contested issues between Israel and the Palestinians.
- UN Rejects US-Drafted Resolution to Condemn Hamas The resolution required two-thirds support and while Assembly resolutions are non-binding, they can carry political weight.
- Northern Shield: Israel Launches Operation on Lebanon Border The Israel Defense Force announced the discovery of the tunnels on Tuesday morning, and has started destroying them, dubbing the operation Northern Shield.
- Netanyahu Rushes Back to Israel after Burst of Gaza Violence Netanyahu's office said he cut short a visit to Paris because of the flare-up and he was set to arrive back in Israel on Monday morning.
- Trump Accused Google of Helping China On Saturday, President Donald Trump accused Google of "helping China and their military" but not the United States
- US Senate Votes to End US Support of Saudi-Led Yemen War The bipartisan vote was 54 to 46, and is a rebuke to President Donald Trump's support of Saudi Arabia and its leader despite recent tensions.
- North Korea Offered Realistic Proposal but United States Asked for More: North Korea’s FM Pyongyang had offered to permanently dismantle all its nuclear material production including plutonium and uranium observed by U.S. experts.
- US House Votes to Revoke Trump's Border Emergency The resolution now moves over to the Senate, where it must be brought to the floor for a vote within the next 18 days.
- US Secretary of State Pompeo Posts Map of Divided Turkey Many Turks took to Twitter to respond to the divided map of Turkey, highlighted as one of the country’s which has not stood against Maduro.
Serj Tankian: Gallipoli Pilgrimage Should Be Suspended
Armenia to Chair Upcoming UN Commission on the Status of Women Sessions
Accessories to Wear to Look Trendy: Style Talk With Gog Moon
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Informal Meeting with Georgian Prime Minister Mamuka Bakhtadze in Yenokavan
PM Briefed on Yenokavan Development Strategy
Maduro Accused the USA and Guaido in Planning to Kill Him
Rafi Eitan: Israeli Spy Who Led Operation to Capture Holocaust Architect Adolf Eichmann Dies Aged 92
Anna Hakobyan's Official Website Ready to Launch on March 26
Australian-Armenian Berejiklian Won the New South Wales Elections
Weather Forecast in Armenia for March 24-28
Soldiers Deployed to Prevent Paris 'Yellow Vest' Rioting
Brexit: May Urged to Quit
Passengers Airlifted From Crippled Cruise Ship in Storm off Norway
Sunday of Steward
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
The New Building of Hamazgayin Theater Inaugurated: PM Personally Collected Waste Around the Building Before the Groundbreaking Ceremony (photos)
The Foreign Ministry of Artsakh Welcomes the Creation of Parliamentary Friendship Group in Canada with Artsakh
Trump-Russia: Robert Mueller Delivers Report
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Armenian Anita Caracotchian: The First Female Oceanographer in the World
Macron Calls for Schengen Reform
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Armenian Ambassador Expressed Indignation over the Participation of the Russian MPs in the Anti-Armenian Rally in Baku
President of Artsakh, NSS Director of Armenia Visit Southern Section of Artsakh-Azerbaijan Borderline
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 150 Times
Adam, Eve, Noah’s Ark and Tigran the Great at Carnival in Brazil
"We Need a Strictly Working Mechanism of Scientific Potential, Private Investment and Public Administration to Develop the Military Industrial Complex": Pashinyan
Wind: 8 km/h