Iraq Declares War With Islamic State Is Over
Iraq has announced that its war against so-called Islamic State (IS) is over, BBC reports.
Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi told a conference in Baghdad that Iraqi troops were now in complete control of the Iraqi-Syrian border.
The border zone contained the last few areas IS held, following its loss of the town of Rawa in November.
The US state department welcomed the end of the "vile occupation" of IS in Iraq and said the fight against the group would continue.
Iraq's announcement comes two days after the Russian military declared it had accomplished its mission of defeating IS in neighbouring Syria.
- Pompeo: US "Will Continue to Lead" Fight Against Islamic State "The United States will continue to lead the coalition and the world on this essential security effort," Pompeo said as he opened a day of talks in Washington.
- Turkish Police Detain 7 Over ISIS Links One suspect is believed to be responsible for ISIS training camps that train some 2000 foreign militants per year, the daily said citing a statement by Turkey's interior ministry.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
Netanyahu Says Iran 'Clearly' Behind Blast on Israeli-Owned Ship
Iran Dismisses Idea of Talks with EU and U.S. to Revive 2015 Nuclear Deal
President Sarkissian Calls for Tolerance and Solidarity
Armenia Records 172216 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
The Process of "Determination" of the Borders with Azerbaijan Contradicts the Principles of International Law. Ombudsman
Artsakh MFA: The Sumgait Massacre Marked The Beginning Of A Whole Series Of Crimes Against Humanity
About 480 Trucks Accumulated On The Russian Side Of The Larsi
Sunday of the Lost (Prodigal) Sun
Press Conference of Ilham Aliyev Was Another Manifestation of Hate Speech towards the Armenian People: Armenia's MFA
Draft Decree on Resignation of the Chief of the General Staff Sent to the President Again
Armenia’s President Doesn't Sign PM’s Draft Decree to Release Chief of Armenian Armed Forces Onik Gasparyan, Returns With Objections
Armenian, Russian Defense Ministers Hold Phone Talk
Unlawful Attacks on Medical Facilities and Personnel in Karabakh: Human Rights Watch
Armenia President, Ombudsman Meet, Discuss Issue of Return of Captives
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the 33rd Anniversary of the Anti-Armenian Massacres in Sumgait
Armenia Records 171793 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Aram I: Armenia Is On Edge of Abyss
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armen Sarkissian Met with Vazgen Manukyan, Arthur Vanetsyan, Vahram Baghdasaryan, and Artsvik Minasyan
Murders of Armenian Civilians in Hadrut Described as War Crimes by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights – Armenia’s MFA
4 More Bodies of Fallen Servicemen Found During Search Operations, Artsakh Authorities Say
Artsakh: Search Օperation not to Be Conducted Today Due to Weather Conditions
3,577 Bodies Passed Forensic Examination, DNA Analysis of Other 428 in Process
Russia to Resume Air Service with Azerbaijan, Armenia Starting February 15
US Troop Withdrawal from Germany ‘Put on Freeze’
Garegin Nzhdeh Statue not Demolished in Martuni Town of Artsakh
Turkish State Channel Showed a Map of Expanding Influence on Armenia, Georgia and a Number of Territories of Russia
Air Temperature to Rise in Armenia by 5-6 Degrees
Joe Biden Has First Conversation with Xi Jinping as US President
No Bodies Found During Search Operations on Thursday, Artsakh Authorities Say
Wind: 4 km/h