Foreign Minister Nalbandian Discussed Visa Liberalization Between Armenia and the EU with Minister of the Interior of France
Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian, who is in Paris on a visit, met with Gérard Collomb, Minister of State, Minister of the Interior of France, MFA press service reports.
Edward Nalbandian noted that he is glad to meet a longtime friend of Armenia who has greatly contributed to the development and expansion of bilateral relations, including in spheres of interparliamentary and decentralized cooperation.
A number of issues of the agenda of the Armenian-French relations were discussed at the meeting.
The interlocutors touched upon the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement signed between Armenia and the European Union. In this context, the possibility of launching a dialogue on visa liberalization between Armenia and the EU was discussed. Minister Nalbandian noted that, with regards this issue, Armenia expects the valuable support of friendly France. Foreign Minister of Armenia added that France has been the first EU country, with which Armenia had started the visa facilitation process in 2008.
At the meeting, the sides commended the successful implementation over the last four years of the existing agreements between Armenia and the EU on visa facilitation and readmission.
The interlocutors exchanged views on the cooperation between the law enforcement agencies of the two countries.
- EU Fully Supports Normalization Process of Armenia-Turkey Relations - Toivo Klaar "Normalization of relations and opening of communications is an important objective that the European Union fully supports", he said on Twitte
- The EU Wants To Be Engaged In South Caucasus The EU wants to be a very committed, active, and engaged partner for Armenia's stability, prosperity, and security. In this context, we had the opportunity to talk about Armenia-EU relations
- The 6th Meeting of the Armenia-EU Joint Visa Facilitation Committee Took Place The importance of the continuous mutual efforts aimed at promoting the mobility of citizens, fighting illegal migration and opening in due course the Visa Liberalization Dialogue has been underlined.
- Export From Armenia To The EU In 2019 Was 196.6 Million EUR Armenia has the highest percentage of the use of the preference among all the EU GSP+ beneficiaries in 2019, EU delegation in Armenia informs.
- Austria Completes Internal Procedures Necessary for Ratification of Armenia-EU CEPA Austria notified on July 22 the General Secretariat of the European Council and the Council of the EU about the completion of its internal procedures necessary for the ratification of the Armenia-EU Comprehensive...
- European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
- CNBC: Nine European Countries Say it is Time for "Corona Bonds" as Virus Death Toll Rises Corona bonds are a controversial issue that has been dividing the 27-country region. Conservative policymakers in countries such as Germany, the Netherlands and Austria are often wary of the idea of issuing...
- Cyber Rapid Response Team Established by Six EU Countries Formed by civilian and military experts, the CRRTs will join neutralisation and investigation of dangerous cyber incidents virtually or, if necessary, physically.
- Ireland Will Hold General Election On February 8 Ireland will hold a general election on Saturday February 8, 2020, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has confirmed, Euronews reports.
Armenia Records 364348 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
US and NATO Responses Do Not Address Russia’s Fundamental Concerns: Putin
Armenian Side Did Not Respond to Azerbaijan’s Irregular Fire – MoD
I Have Not Received an Offer to Become President: Edmon Marukyan
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Biden Issued a Statement on International Holocaust Remembrance Day
Armenian FM on New Proposals: We are Trying to Figure out What is Unacceptable to Azerbaijan
I Believe that the Armenian State Will Rise From Its Slumbers: Serzh Sargsyan
I am Confident that Armenian Army Will Eventually Stand Tall Again
Armenia Records 361754 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
The Army and Education are the Most Important Cornerstones of Our Statehood: Armen Sarkissian
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan's Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of the 30th Anniversary of the Formation of the Armenian Armed Forces
Russia Proposes US to Return American Nuclear Weapons from NATO Countries Stateside
Erdogan Discussed Future Steps in Relations with Armenia at National Security Council Meeting
Armenian Ombudsman Meets European Parliament's Permanent Rapporteurs on Armenia and Azerbaijan
Vandalism in Hadrut: Azerbaijanis Remove the Cross from Armenian Spitak Khach Church
Armenian Minister of Defense Takes Vacation
Armenian Patriarch of Istanbul Comments on Normalization Process of Armenia-Turkey Relations
Lavrov-Blinken Meeting Kicks Off in Geneva
The Prime Minister Awards the 10 Best Athletes of the Year
Armenian Aviation Regulator Grants Permit to Flyone Armenia to Operate Yerevan-Istanbul Flights
The Process of Armenian-Turkish Normalisation Dangerous, Does Not Consider Armenia's Interests - Artur Vanetsyan
3rd President Sargsyan Pays Tribute to Armenians who Sacrificed Their Lives for the Homeland (PHOTOS)
Armenia Records 344930 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Minister of Foreign Affairs Visited Military Units and Congratulated the Servicemen
The Prime Minister Visits "Yerablur" Military Pantheon
Putin Said New Sanctions Could Cause Complete Severance of Russian-US ties - Kremlin Aide
Santa Claus or Saint Nicholas?
Peace is the Most Reliable Way to Ensure Security: Pashinyan