Austrian Chancellor Urges to Stop Talks on Turkey's EU Accession
Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz condemned the human rights violations in Turkey and called on Brussels to end the EU accession talks with Ankara, Sputniknews.com reports.
"The talks on membership between the European Union and Turkey should be ended taking into account the system systematic violations of human rights and essential democratic values, and because the Copenhagen Criteria (rules defining if the state is ready to join the European Union) are not implemented anymore," Kurz said.
The Austrian politician added that Turkey was still an important partner of the European Union and the ties between Ankara and Brussels should be maintained based on the policy of good neighborliness.
- Erdogan Tells Trump Turkey Can’t Abandon S-400 Purchase "We explained to Trump that Turkey won’t back down as far as the S-400 systems are concerned. I told Trump how Turkey had come to the decision to buy the S-400 systems and he recognized our right to...
- Trump Offers Trade Deal, Sanctions Workaround to Erdogan The offer is likely to infuriate at least some of the overwhelming House majority that voted last month to impose sanctions on Turkey over its assault into Syria, and a bipartisan group of senators who...
- Putin, Erdogan hold talks on Syria by phone The Turkish presidential office said that at the talks the presidents discussed "bilateral relations and future steps to increase trade".
- Erdogan Says Turkey Will Let Refugees into Europe if EU does not Support It Turkey aims to establish a "safe zone" in northeast Syria, where it says up to 2 million Syrian refugees can settle once the region is cleared of the Kurdish YPG militia.
- State Department Opposes Turkey Sanctions, Genocide Resolution The measure, H.R. 4695, would sanction senior Turkish officials and prohibit them from entering the U.S. It would also bar the transfer of US defense materiel to Turkey for use in Syria, and it would require...
- Eurozone Economy Faces More "Prolonged Sag", Mario Draghi Warns Mr Draghi’s comments came after a key survey of business executives showed that the eurozone’s economy was close to stalling, dragged down by a steep drop in German manufacturing activity. The new...
- US Hits EU With Ultimatum US officials warned their EU counterparts that they may be left alone in the face of threats, supposedly including Russia, if Brussels rejected the US defence companies' participation in the creation of...
- Azerbaijan And European Union at Odds Azerbaijan does not succeed in enshrining the desired wording in its documents with the European Union.
- Short Brexit Extension is Possible but Conditional: Donald Tusk Tusk mentioned that he "did not foresee" the need for an additional extraordinary meeting to discuss Brexit after the summit.
- ''Hundreds'' Of Chinese, Russia Agents ''Operating'' In Brussels: Report Diplomats and military officials were advised to avoid certain parts of Brussels' European quarter, including a popular steakhouse and a cafe near the European Commission's main building, the report said....
Zatulin: Nagorno-Karabakh's right to self-determination and independence from Azerbaijan must be acknowledged
UAE Flag in Armenia Lowered on Occasion of Death of President's Brother
Lebanon’s Aoun: Binding Parliamentary Consultations to Start after End of Contacts with Political Leaders
Pompeo: US No Longer Considers Israeli Settlements Illegal
Prime Minister to Pay Official Visit to Italy
Armenia official: Even if Natural Gas Price Changes as of January 1, it Will not Affect Consumers
Prospects on Launching Armenia-EU Visa Liberalization Dialogue Discussed in Spain
Armenian President Meets Qatari PM in Doha
President Sarkissian Meets With Armenian Community Representatives in Qatar
Erdogan Tells Trump Turkey Can’t Abandon S-400 Purchase
RA Prime Minister, World Customs Organization Secretary General Discuss Cooperation Prospects
"Government will Make Principled, Decisive and Consistent Changes in the Field of Education and Science": Nikol Pashinyan
Fixed-Term Serviceman Wounded in Artsakh
New Cooperation Bridge to Open Between Armenian and Israeli IT Companies
Meghri Border Checkpoint to Be Upgraded
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Chief Military Inspector Was Dismissed Due to Structural Changes: Vladimir Karapetyan
WSO Secretary General: Armenia Is a Leader in Region on Standardization of Customs Data
Georgia Ministry of Internal Affairs Addresses Participants of Demonstration
Armen Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to the King of Morocco Mohammed VI
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Lori is a Splendid Textbook for Learning About our Native Land, While Vanadzor is One of its Most Significant and Beautiful Pages. Armen Sarkissian
Wind: 4 km/h