NATO, EU Leaders to Sign Declaration on Enhanced Cooperation: Stoltenberg
NATO and European Union leaders will sign a declaration on an enhanced cooperation during the summit in July, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said in a statement.
“NATO and EU leaders plan to sign a new joint declaration in July to further enhance their level of cooperation,” Jens Stoltenberg said at NATO Defense Ministers meeting on Friday.
The first declaration, signed in Warsaw in 2016, was expected to ensure the pooling of EU and NATO resources to respond to common challenges, including migration, hybrid threats or cyberattacks.
- The European Union Has Decided to Abandon Russian Coal In the Summer Many countries have joined these sanctions, even if this necessarily implies economic costs for ourselves," he noted.
- Germany Faces Steep Recession if Russian Oil and Gas Halted, Bank Lobby Says "The situation would be even worse if imports or supplies of Russian oil and natural gas were to be halted. A significant recession in Germany would then be virtually unavoidable," Sewing told journalists.
- EU Leaders Agree on Joint Gas Purchases Last year, the European Commission proposed to the EU countries a system of joint purchases of strategic gas reserves as a way to provide a buffer against possible supply disruptions. Fears of supply disruptions...
- European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
- Iran Wants to Strengthen Defense Cooperation With Iraq The Iraqi side, for his part, noted that “we need to strengthen joint cooperation between all regional countries to fight terrorism.”
- Delegation of Iraqi Union of National Minorities’ Organizations in Parliament The Iraqi parliamentarians thanked the RA National Assembly for recognizing the genocide committed against the Yazidi people by the terrorist groupings on the territory of Iraq in 2014.
- Rockets Hit Iraq's Ain al-Asad Air Base Hosting US Troops The attack caused no significant losses, Iraqi’s military said without going into further detail.
- Trump to Announce Further Reduction in US Troops in Iraq A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters news agency in August that the country expected to reduce the number of its troops in Iraq by about a third in the coming months.
- Rockets Target Iraqi Military Base Housing US Forces The rocket strike is the latest in a long-running series of low-level attacks believed to be carried out by Iran-sponsored militias in Iraq.
China Demands US Stop All Official Contacts With Taiwan
Armenian National Security Service Submits Bill on Setting Up Border Crossing Points with Azerbaijan
Foreign Minister of Armenia Had a Phone Conversation with Foreign Minister of Cyprus
UN Secretary-General Guterres visits the University in Lviv
Alen Simonyan Receives Letters of Condolence
Sweden and Finland Don't Comply With Turkey's Extradition Requests
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
UAE Embassy Offers Condolences Over Market Blast
OSCE Secretary General Offers Condolences Over Deadly Blast at Armenia’s Surmalu Market
No Indication of Terrorism or Criminal Intent in Surmalu Blast: Argishti Kyaramyan
PM Says He Had Ordered Authorities to Collect Information on Hazardous Material Storage Sites after Beirut Blast
President Vahagn Khachaturyan’s Message of Condolences
Russian Diplomat Reassures Armenians Over Corridor In Karabakh
Nagorno Karabakh Conflict: United States Reiterates Need for a Negotiated, Comprehensive, and Sustainable Settlement
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Talk with Mikhail Mishustin
Turkey Decides to Restore Diplomatic Relations with Israel
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Magnitude 4.0 Earthquake Hits Eastern Turkey
Book of Condolences Opened at All Armenia Diplomatic Missions Abroad
The President of Kazakhstan Sends Condolence Message to Prime Minister Pashinyan
Raffi Hovannisian Barred from Entering Artsakh
Mourad Papazian Starting Legal Action Over Armenia Entry Ban
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Russia, Iran Developing Alternative to SWIFT
Russia is Not Against Involvement of Extra-Regional Players in Normalization of Yerevan-Baku Relations
The Armenian Side Conveyed Proposals Regarding the Activities of the Peacekeepers to the Russian Leadership in 2021: MFA
Vahagn Khachaturyan received the President of the General Assembly of the United Nations Abdulla Shahid
Armenia Deputy PM Matevosyan Receives AMD Technology Company Vice Presidents
Reconstruction of Lachin Bypass to Begin in August 2022
Turkish FM Expects 'Concrete Steps' from Yerevan in Normalization Process
Wind: 5.14 km/h