Trump Meets with Freed American Pastor Andrew Brunson
Freed American pastor Andrew Brunson met and prayed with President Trump in the Oval Office Saturday, thanking him for having "really fought for us" -- a day after his release from house arrest in Turkey, Fox News reports.
Brunson, from North Carolina, arrived in the U.S. earlier Saturday after stopping in Germany on Friday. Brunson was imprisoned in October 2016 due to his alleged ties to an outlawed group as part of a crackdown on a failed coup in Turkey against President Recep Erdogan’s government. A Turkish judge on Friday ordered him freed from house arrest on Friday after sentencing him to time served on terror and treason charges.
Brunson thanked Trump in the Oval Office, saying "you really fought for us, unusually so, from the time you took office." He also thanked members of Congress on both sides of the aisle who had worked for his release.
"We're so grateful to so many people in Congress who stood with us, who prayed for us, who fought for us," he said.
In a dramatic moment, Brunson knelt down and prayed with the President -- asking God for "supernatural wisdom to accomplish all the plans you have for this country and for him."
In his remarks, Trump said it was a "great honor" to have Brunson in the White House and thanked a number of lawmakers and members of the Cabinet for their assistance in securing Bunson's release.
- Turkish Lira Firms After Trump-Erdogan Phone Call During Wednesday’s call, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan reiterated to U.S. President Donald Trump a proposal to set up a working group to assess the impact of the S-400s. The two also agreed to meet...
- Washington Gives Ankara Two Weeks to Abandon S 400 Deal As it stands now, the U.S. State Department’s current offer is the final one, multiple sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity told CNBC when asked whether the deadline had room for more extensions.
- Suspension of Turkey’s NATO Membership is Not Realistic in the Near Future The US and NATO have been against the purchase of Russian S -400 "Triumph" anti-aircraft systems since December 2017, the signing of the respective Turkey-Russia agreement.
- U.S. Asks Turkey Delay Taking Delivery of Russian Missile The U.S. request comes as Turkish and U.S. officials are in talks to determine a date for a possible trip by President Donald Trump to Turkey.
- US Urges Turkey against Drilling off Cyprus Turkey announced its vessels would be carrying out drilling operations in the Mediterranean until September.
Syria Says It Doesn't Want to Fight With Turkey
Former Uefa President Michel Platini Arrested Over Awarding of 2022 World Cup to Qatar
Artsakh-France Friendship Circle Statement
China Calls on US to Stop ‘Extreme Pressure’ on Iran
Iran Says Will Breach Uranium Stockpile Limit in 10 Days
US to Send 1,000 More Troops to Middle East
Comment by Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh Ani Sargsyan to the Aparaj Agency
Egypt’s Former President Morsi Buried, a Day After Courtroom Death
CoE Reaffirms Readiness to Support RA Government’s Reform Agenda
Nikol Pashinyan Conveys Sense of Realizing Mistake of Interfering With Law Enforcement
Erdogan Slams Macron: 'Who Are You?'
‘The Moment You Stop Learning, You Die’: President Armen Sarkissian’s Interview to Financial Times
PM Pashinyan Congratulates Iceland Premier on Country’s National Holiday
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Iran Government Adviser Warns of ‘Unavoidable War’ If Sanctions Not ‘Abandoned’
China's Stunning 'Blue Tears' Plankton Blooms Are Spreading
Saudi Arabia Blames Iran For Tanker Attacks But Does Not Want War
CoE Action Plan for Armenia 2019-2022 Launches
Suicide Attack Triple Blasts Kill at Least 30 in
Putin-Trump Meeting in Osaka May be Prepared on the Eve of G20
Our Plans Will Target Reinforcement of Civil Society And Its Role: Naira Karapetyan, Director of ''European Integration'' NGO
Magnifier: Public Discrepancies and Fight Against Them
Trump’s New Immigration Plan’s Threats to Armenia
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh
Child Marriages Still in Place in India
Karabakh: "Coercion to Peace" Gaining Ground Again
Artworks on Scarves: Exclusive Interview with “Artuyt” Founder Arevik Arakelyan
Despite the Obstacles Imposed by Azerbaijan, Artsakh’s International Ties will Continue to Expand and Deepen
Artsakh Should Be Fully Involved in the Humanitarian Events: Expert
Wind: 6 km/h