Trump Meets with Freed American Pastor Andrew Brunson
Freed American pastor Andrew Brunson met and prayed with President Trump in the Oval Office Saturday, thanking him for having "really fought for us" -- a day after his release from house arrest in Turkey, Fox News reports.
Brunson, from North Carolina, arrived in the U.S. earlier Saturday after stopping in Germany on Friday. Brunson was imprisoned in October 2016 due to his alleged ties to an outlawed group as part of a crackdown on a failed coup in Turkey against President Recep Erdogan’s government. A Turkish judge on Friday ordered him freed from house arrest on Friday after sentencing him to time served on terror and treason charges.
Brunson thanked Trump in the Oval Office, saying "you really fought for us, unusually so, from the time you took office." He also thanked members of Congress on both sides of the aisle who had worked for his release.
"We're so grateful to so many people in Congress who stood with us, who prayed for us, who fought for us," he said.
In a dramatic moment, Brunson knelt down and prayed with the President -- asking God for "supernatural wisdom to accomplish all the plans you have for this country and for him."
In his remarks, Trump said it was a "great honor" to have Brunson in the White House and thanked a number of lawmakers and members of the Cabinet for their assistance in securing Bunson's release.
- ''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law California is home to the largest Armenian-American population in the United States.
- Saudi Arabia Sold Building Where Khashoggi was Killed: Report The building, located in the upscale Levent neighbourhood, was sold more than a month ago to an undisclosed buyer for a third of its value
- Turkish Foreign Ministry Summons Lebanese Ambassador The Foreign Ministry conveyed its concern to Lebanese envoy Gassan Muallim, saying a group of people being able to approach to the entrance gate of the consular service raises concern in terms of the security...
- Erdogan's Party Seeks Expulsion of Former PM Ahmet Davutoglu In recent months, Davutoglu has accused the AK Party of deviating from its core principles, hitting out at the government's economic record and Erdogan himself.
- Erdogan Reports Negotiations with Russia over Deliveries of Su-57 Fighter Jets Erdogan attended the MAKS-2019 air show outside Moscow together with Russian President Vladimir Putin on 27 August.
UN: Afghan Election-Related Violence Killed 85 Civilians
We Will Never Forget that 1.5 Million Armenians Were Murdered: Kim Kardashian
Nikol Pashinyan Met with President of the Artsakh Republic Bako Sahakyan (video)
Members of the Kurdish Community in Armenia Held a Protest Outside the US Embassy
Trump: Let 'Napoleon Bonaparte' Rescue Kurds
SDF Recaptures Ras al-Ain from pro-Turkish Forces in Northern Syria
Weather Forecast in Armenia: The Air Temperature Will Gradually Go Up by 2-3 Degrees
Trump Called Turkey’s President to Demand an End to Syrian Invasion
Georgian Prime Minister Arrived in Armenia (video)
China Urges Turkey to Halt Military Action in Syria-Foreign Ministry
Pelosi Says Trump Sanctions Package on Turkey "Falls Very Short"
Pro-Kurdish Protest Turns Violent in Germany: DW
Airbus Delegation to Visit Armenia at President's Invitation
Nikol Pashinyan Receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
Three Medals from World Sambo Championships
Donald Trump Imposes Sanctions against Turkish Officials
The Military Exercises Raised our Confidence in Our Troops’ Organizational rResources and Collective Strength: Pashinyan
Alan Gogbashian will Not Assume the Position of British Ambassador to Armenia
GM Shant Sargsyan – World U18 Champion
UK Reviews All Arms Export Licences to Turkey: FT
I've Heard about Blood-Thirsty Turks since I Was 11: Cher Reminded about Armenian Genocide and Condemned Ankara’s Operations in Syria
Armenia Marks the 28th Anniversary of Independence
Google Changes Doodle to Mark Armenia’s 28th Anniversary of Independence
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
ANCA thanks Kim Kardashian for raising Armenia's worldwide recognition
Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum
Strategic Military Exercises to be Held on September 24-October 5, Involving Government Agencies and Local Self-Government Organizations
''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law
Citizens of Syria, Lebanon and Iraq Allowed to Obtain Armenian Passports in Their Countries Till Dec. 31
Military Rank of Lieutenant-General Conferred to the Artsakh Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Wind: 6 km/h