Trump: "My Biggest Threat is the Fed"
If you ask President Donald Trump, the biggest threat to his presidency isn’t special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, or a potential insurgency by Democrats in the November midterm elections: It’s the Federal Reserve.
"My biggest threat is the Fed," Trump said on Tuesday during an interview with FOX Business’ Trish Regan. "Because the Fed is raising rates too fast, and it’s too independent," he complained.
So far this year, policymakers have already voted to hike short-term interest rates three times, and are poised to do so again in December, staying the course they laid out late last year. The Fed also forecast an additional three rate increases in 2019 and one in 2020.
Higher rates can impact consumers by increasing borrowing costs, which have already ticked higher. Auto loan rates are at a nine-year high, and 30-year fixed mortgage rates recently climbed to their highest level in seven years.
- "I Always Prefer Direct Discussion and Not Making Diplomacy through Tweets": Macron French President Emmanuel Macron says that he prefers "having direct discussion" rather than discussing diplomacy through tweets with President Donald Trump.
- Trump Plans to Block Migrants from Claiming Asylum Between Legal ports of Entry Both measures are expected to be met with lawsuits in federal court. Under current law, immigrants are allowed to make a claim for asylum anywhere in the United States, no matter how they entered.
- Mattis Approves U.S. Troops for Border with Mexico US forces will be limited to a support rule because federal law prohibits the military from engaging in civilian law enforcement.
- Hillary Clinton's Security Clearance Was Withdrawn Former secretary of state and two-time presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has had her security clearance withdrawn "at her request," according to a letter by Charles Faulkner of the US State Department...
- Mayor de Blasio Vows to Go After Trump for Unpaid Taxes After Bombshell Report The mayor said the city would work with state tax authorities in the probe.
President Views as Desirable UNESCO’s Participation to the Preservation of the Cultural and Historical Heritage of Gyumri
Draft Brexit Deal Reached between UK and EU
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
President Discussed with the Leadership of THALES and OpenClassrooms Opportunities of Cooperation in Armenia
Austrian Court Orders not to Put Col. Suspected of Spying for Russia in Custody
Hamas Hits Buildings in Israel
Azerbaijani Reporter Stationed in Russia Suspected in Espionage
Brexit Deal Is Possible In Next 24-48 Hours
OSCE/ODIHR to Conduct "Large-Scale" Election Observation in Armenia
Armenia Is Following The Processes On Sanctions Against Iran
Abbas Urged the International Community to Intervene in the Situation on the Gaza Strip
OSCE Monitoring In The Eastern Direction Of Artsakh’s Hadrut Region
Reddit’s Alexis Ohanian Launches Armenian Brandy (video)
California Fires: Trump Issues Major Disaster Declaration as Deadly Fires Plague State
Iranian Hackers Suspected in Austal Cyber Attack
Acting PM’s Wife Visits Armen Dzhigarkhanyan in Moscow
Armenia Acquires Artsakh Made UAVs – New Weapons of Armenian Arms Industry in the Stage of Production
Iranian Military Ready to Protect Oil Tankers against Threats: Deputy Commander
Tonoyan: Armenian Unit Will Head to Syria Soon
Operative Communication between Armenia and Azerbaijan Functions Uninterruptedly
The Armenian delegation to PACE managed to prevent amendments to one of the resolutions proposed by Azerbaijani delegation. Arpine Hovhannisyan
Nikol Pashinyan’s Working Visit to Lebanon Kicks off - Acting Armenian PM, Lebanese President Meet in Beirut
Artsakh: Congratulatory Address to Catholicos of the Holy See of Cilicia Aram I on the 50th Anniversary of Ordination to Priesthood
“We Intend to Exempt Micro Business From Taxes” - Nikol Pashinyan Visits Charity Fair Organized by Syrian-Armenians
Trump Threatens to Call US Military to Close Southern Border as 4,000-Strong Migrant Caravan Pushes North
Kadyrov Invited Pashinyan and Macron to Participate in a Dance Festival in Chechnya
Azerbaijan Wants to Return Askerov and Guliyev to Make them Heroes as it Happened with Safarov - Babayan
A Snake Slithering out of Israel's Western Wall is Being Regarded as a Third Sign that the End of the World is Nigh
Saudi Missing Journalist Jamal Khashoggi: Explanation Expected from Saudi Arabia as Mike Pompeo Arrives
President of Artsakh Holds Working Consultation with Chairmen of Parliamentary Standing Committees and Heads of Factions
Wind: 12.87 km/h