Syria’s Assad Vows to Restore Armenian Church in Deir ez-Zor
The meeting of President of Syria Bashar al-Assad and the Syrian-Armenians, Armenian businessmen was held in quite a constructive and warm atmosphere. The group from Armenia was led by George Barseghyan, chairman of the Syrian-Armenian community in Armenia. He presented details from the aforementioned meeting during an interview to ARMENPRESS.
George Barseghyan said the activeness began after the appointment of new Syrian ambassador in Armenia. The new staff of the Embassy started actively working with the Syrian-Armenian community in Armenia. That time a Board of the Syrian-Armenian community in Armenia was elected led by George Barseghyan.
He noted that Assad’s government managed to overcome the current situation. The US thinks of withdrawing its troops from Syria and is already taking practical steps. A number of Arab countries are thinking of opening their embassies in Syria. All these actions suppose restoration of Syria, and for this purpose quite major economic programs are expected to be implemented.
“The Syrian government plans to give priority in these programs to those countries which stood together with it during those years. Armenia is among those countries which didn’t close its embassy during the war, always kept the state ties and sent an aid to Syria. And during the upcoming progress, business programs and restoration works the priority will be given to Armenians”, George Barseghyan said, adding that the Syrian government highly values the role of the Armenian community. He said it’s not a coincidence that the Syrian President promised to restore the Armenian Church in Deir ez-Zor with his own resources.
During the visit in Syria the Armenian delegation also met with the prime minister, the parliament speaker, as well as business companies. They have outlined a number of directions for future cooperation.
- Erdogan Wants to Discuss with Putin Teamwork in View of US Pullout from Syria Kalin reiterated that "the aims of Turkey in Idlib remain the same". "Our task is to ensure the safety of people and property of the local population," he said.
- US Begins Withdrawing Some Military Equipment from Syria The official also would not say what part of Syria the equipment was in, although it's widely expected the drawdown will begin in northern Syria.
- Trump Says 'Erdogan Can Eradicate' any IS Group Left in Syria US President Donald Trump said his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan assured him that any remaining of Islamic State group fighters in Syria will be eliminated.
- EU Calls Turkish Authorities to Refrain from any Unilateral Action in Syria The European Union expects the Turkish authorities to refrain from any unilateral action likely to undermine the efforts of the Counter-Daesh Coalition or to risk further instability in Syria.
- Russia Bombed Militant Behind Attack On Syria's Aleppo The Russian Defence Ministry said on Sunday its warplanes had carried out air strikes against militants it held responsible for firing shells filled with chlorine gas at the city of Aleppo
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Informal Meeting with Ilham Aliyev
Aliyev: Azerbaijan's CSTO Membership Isn't Being Discussed Yet
Azerbaijani Embassy Carries Out 1-Dollar Propaganda Attempt in Switzerland
Nikol Pashinyan Discusses Cooperation Prospects with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, JICA and eBay Executives in Davos
Lapshin Has Applied to Armenian Defense Ministry Asking to Allow Him Visit the border Zone Shelled by Azerbaijan
''Armenia!'' Exhibition in New York Metropolitan Museum Registered a Record Number of Visitors
Pashinyan: Armenia Has Agreed with Gazprom on Gas Price
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
The Criminal Case Against Azerbaijani Blogger Was Terminated
Report: 73% of Germans Support the Construction of the Nord Stream - 2
Bako Sahakyan expresses Gratitude to Jean-Michel Ekherian for Implementing Healthcare Projects in Artsakh
Minister Nikol Pashinyan Will Travel to Moscow on January 25
Mevlut Chavushoghlu: With Karabakh Conflict Unresolved, Normalization of Ties with Armenia Impossible
Macron Vows to Continue Reforms Despite Protests
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Erdogan: Turkey won’t Let Syria Safe Zone be Turned into "Swamp"
Artsakh Republic Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Received the ARFD "Hai Dat" Delegation
"If You are Ready to Make Your Move, Come to Armenia, Get Rich and Enrich" – Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Swiss Businessmen in Zurich
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to Swedish PM
Nikol Pashinyan Meets Businessmen in Zurich to Discuss Investment Projects for Armenia
Congratulatory Address by Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan on New Year and Christmas Holidays (VIDEO)
Erdogan Officially Declared 2019 as the Year of Armenian Portasar
His Holiness Karekin II Catholicos of All Armenians Sends a Message on the Occasion of the Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Artsakh Republic President Addressed Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of New Year and Christmas Holidays
President Armen Sarkissian Met with the Minister of State of the United Arab Emirates Sultan Al Jaber
Pompeo: US Withdrawal from Syria doesn't Change Mission to Destroy ISIS and Stop Iran's Influence in the Mideast
Eve of Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Candlelight (Lucernarium) Divine Liturgy
'For the Sake of Armenia': Saghatelyan, Bekaryan, Hakobyan and Farmanyan Have Established a Media Company
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Discussed Issues on the Activities of The HALO Trust in Humanitarian Demining
Father Ghevond Mayilyan: Christ Left the Heavens and Descended into the Earth for Us, Bringing Salvation and Life