Syria’s Assad Vows to Restore Armenian Church in Deir ez-Zor
The meeting of President of Syria Bashar al-Assad and the Syrian-Armenians, Armenian businessmen was held in quite a constructive and warm atmosphere. The group from Armenia was led by George Barseghyan, chairman of the Syrian-Armenian community in Armenia. He presented details from the aforementioned meeting during an interview to ARMENPRESS.
George Barseghyan said the activeness began after the appointment of new Syrian ambassador in Armenia. The new staff of the Embassy started actively working with the Syrian-Armenian community in Armenia. That time a Board of the Syrian-Armenian community in Armenia was elected led by George Barseghyan.
He noted that Assad’s government managed to overcome the current situation. The US thinks of withdrawing its troops from Syria and is already taking practical steps. A number of Arab countries are thinking of opening their embassies in Syria. All these actions suppose restoration of Syria, and for this purpose quite major economic programs are expected to be implemented.
“The Syrian government plans to give priority in these programs to those countries which stood together with it during those years. Armenia is among those countries which didn’t close its embassy during the war, always kept the state ties and sent an aid to Syria. And during the upcoming progress, business programs and restoration works the priority will be given to Armenians”, George Barseghyan said, adding that the Syrian government highly values the role of the Armenian community. He said it’s not a coincidence that the Syrian President promised to restore the Armenian Church in Deir ez-Zor with his own resources.
During the visit in Syria the Armenian delegation also met with the prime minister, the parliament speaker, as well as business companies. They have outlined a number of directions for future cooperation.
- Why Iran Supports Turkey, Or the Regional Puzzle in Syria Interestingly, Iran joined this operation: this is the first Turkish-Iranian joint operation against the PKK. Turkey announced a joint operation with Iran against the PKK on the eve of the general elections...
- Withdrawal Of US Forces In Syria May Begin In "Weeks" Gen. Joseph Votel, the head of U.S. Central Command, temporarily moved additional security and logistics forces into Syria to prepare for the eventual withdrawal of the more than 2,000 American troops...
- Armenian Specialists Have Arrived in Syria The group consists of 83 members, among them de-mining specialists and doctors.
- U.S. Military Sets April Target Date for Leaving Syria With U.S.-backed fighters poised to seize the final Syrian sanctuaries held by Islamic State in the coming days, the U.S. military is turning its attention toward a withdrawal of forces in the coming weeks.
- Erdogan Urges Trump to Fulfill Promise on US Withdrawal From Syria The buffer zone in the north of Syria should be controlled by Turkey and it will do everything possible to maintain security in the area, the Turkish president noted.
Syrians Protest Trump’s Decision on Golan Heights
PM Attends Opening of Cheese and Dairy Products Plant
Congratulatory Message to Gladys Berejiklian, Premier of New South Wales of Australia
Israel-Gaza Tension: Violence Continues Despite Ceasefire
Town Halls Across Germany Evacuated After Threats
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
"Self-Determination is No Crime:” The World Craves New Approaches For Conflict Resolution
Facebook Removes Accounts From Russia, Iran For ''Coordinated Inauthentic Behavior''
Venezuela Hit by Second Electrical Blackout in One Month
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Greek PM Tsipras Says Turkish Jets "Harassed" His Helicopter
Prince Charles Meets Cuban President on Historic Trip to Havana
Pentagon Authorizes $1 Billion for Trump's Mexican Border Wall
Saudi Arabia Denounces U.S. Recognition of Golan Heights As Israeli Territory
Meeting With Chairman of the Pan-Armenian Games World Committee Ishkhan Zakaryan
"U.S. will not Tolerate" Foreign Military Presence in Venezuela, Says Bolton
Pompeo Warns Russia 'to Cease Its Unconstructive Behavior' in Venezuela
Catholicos of All Armenians Departs for Moscow
Upcoming Local Elections in Turkey: Erdogan Not Favored
"I Wish You Every Success in Your Mission Because Your Success is the Success of Each One of Us" - PM Meets with Armenian National Football Team Players
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Armenian Anita Caracotchian: The First Female Oceanographer in the World
Macron Calls for Schengen Reform
Armenian Ambassador Expressed Indignation over the Participation of the Russian MPs in the Anti-Armenian Rally in Baku
Adam, Eve, Noah’s Ark and Tigran the Great at Carnival in Brazil
President of Artsakh, NSS Director of Armenia Visit Southern Section of Artsakh-Azerbaijan Borderline
Armenia, Belgium Set to Develop Cooperation in Education and Research: Memorandums of Understanding Signed as Part of Prime Minister’s Visit
Armenian-Iranian High-Level Talks Held in Tehran: Nikol Pashinyan, Hassan Rouhani Discuss Wide Range of Issues
Wind: 5 km/h