Turkish Nationalists Urge to Expel Armenian Migrants
French President Emmanuel Macron’s move to declare April 24 a day of Armenian Genocide remembrance has angered the leader of a nationalist party, who called for strong government efforts towards banning Armenian citizens’ residence in the country, Tert.am reports.
Head of the Great Union Party Mustafa Destici has raised a demand for expelling Armenian migrants.
''Not only Macron but also the entire world must join [our demand]; they cannot force us to accept that,'' BirGün quotes him as saying.
The Turkish politician also blamed France for a genocidal past, citing the vast number of human losses in Rwanda and Algeria.
- Trump Aides Pick Sanctions to Punish Turkey for Russian Missiles The administration chose one of three sets of actions
- First Shipment of Russian S-400 Systems Delivered to Turkey "The delivery of parts belonging to the system will continue in the coming days," Turkey's defence industry directorate said separately.
- US Urges Turkey to Stop Oil Drilling Off Cyprus There has been no comment so far from Turkey which sent a drilling ship to the Mediterranean off Cyprus Monday, sparking a protest by the Greek Cypriots.
- Turkey Stockpiles Crucial Weapons Parts, Anticipating U.S. Sanctions It’s unclear when the stockpiling decision was first taken, but Turkish officials say the preparations were made in anticipation of possible U.S. embargoes.
- Turkish Lira Firms After Trump-Erdogan Phone Call During Wednesday’s call, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan reiterated to U.S. President Donald Trump a proposal to set up a working group to assess the impact of the S-400s. The two also agreed to meet...
- Magnifier: The Emphasis of the International Recognition of the Armenian Genocide “Magnifier” deals with the international recognition and condemnation of the Armenian Genocide.
- INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey’s Genocide Policy “Insight from Yerevan: Planet” hosts Ruben Safrastyan, head of RA NAS Oriental Institute, Turkologist, to discuss the recognition process of the Armenian Genocide and the Turkish policy over the issue.
- Garo Paylan Calls on the Turkish Parliament to Hold Parliamentary Discussion on Armenian Genocide Although the losses of 1915 cannot be returned, but from the view of living together, accepting the pains created inside the memory of the society and working on improving one another are valuable.
- This Is a Cut-and-Paste Policy, Set in Ankara by Turkish Dictators: ANCA Slams Trump over Failure to Condemn Genocide The Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) commented upon the official statement of the US President Donald Trump on Armenian Genocide.
- ''Today, We Commemorate the Meds Yeghern''- Donald Trump We recall the contributions of generous Americans who helped save lives and rebuild Armenian communities.
Minister of Justice Rustam Badasyan Sworn in at Presidential Palace
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Sarkissian Visited the Megerian Carpet Company
ICE Launches Small-Scale Immigration Raids in Some US Cities
China Says will Cut Ties with US Firms Selling Arms to Taiwan
Boris Johnson to Seek Trump Trade Deal in First Move as Leader
Floods and Landslides Kill at Least 88 People in Nepal and India
Government Discusses Armenia State Interest Fund’s Activities
President Sarkissian Congratulated Emmanuel Macron on the Occasion of National Holiday
France: Riot Police Use Teargas to Disperse Bastille Day Protesters
Leaked U.K. Memo Says Trump Axed Iran Deal To Spite Obama
Short Rain, Thunderstorm Forecast in Armenia
Nikol Pashinyan congratulates French Premier Édouard Philippe on French National Day
Nikol Pashinyan extends congratulations to Emmanuel Macron on the National Holiday of the French Republic
Trump Aides Pick Sanctions to Punish Turkey for Russian Missiles
Man Dies as Police Shootout Follows Firebomb Attack on Immigration Centre: USA
Theresa May Says She Will Never Miss Being Prime-Minister
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan Visit COAF Smart Center (PHOTOS)
Delegation Led by Speaker of the National Assembly to Leave for US
"Black Vest" Protesters in Paris
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
Nikol Pashinyan Conveys Sense of Realizing Mistake of Interfering With Law Enforcement
INSIGHT From Yerevan: Armenia-EU Relationships
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Washington Meetings Not to Yield Serious Results?
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
Wind: 11 km/h