Iran's Rouhani Claims Victory over Unrest and Blames Foreigners
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Wednesday claimed victory over unrest he blamed on foreign enemies, according to state media, after protests over fuel price rises rocked the nation and left scores reported dead, Reuters reports.
“The Iranian people have again succeeded in an historic test and shown they will not let enemies benefit from the situation, even though they might have complaints about the country’s management,” Rouhani said in remarks carried by state broadcaster IRIB on its website.
Iran has blamed “thugs” linked to exiles and foreign enemies - the United States, Israel and Saudi Arabia - for the protests. The unrest began on Friday after gasoline prices were raised at least 50% and rationing imposed. They quickly turned political.
- Israel Strikes Gaza Targets After Rocket Fire The rockets launched into Israel both fell in open terrain. No casualties were reported on either side.
- Turkey, Russia, Iran to Hold 5th Summit on Syria The summit aims at assessing the latest developments in war-weary Syria -- northwestern Idlib city in particular -- ending the conflict climate, ensuring the necessary conditions for the voluntary return...
- Iran Pushes South Korea to Release Billions Withheld by Banks "It is appalling to see that Korean banks have conveniently neglected their obligations, common international financial agreements, and decided to play politics and follow illegal and unilateral U.S. sanctions,"...
- Iran: US Must Stop its State Terrorism In a statement late on Wednesday, the US Department of State accused Iran and four other countries of not cooperating with Washington in the fight against terrorism.
- U.S. Envoy Threatens to Trigger Return of U.N. Sanctions on Iran A resolution needs nine yes votes and no vetoes by Russia, China, the United States, France or Britain to be adopted by the 15-member Security Council. Russia has already signaled it is opposed to extending...
Armenia's MFA Strongly Condemns Attempts of Azerbaijan on Targeting Population of Chinari and Aygepar Villages
Armenian Army's General Staff Received Russia's Ambassador to Armenia
Armenia's MFA Strongly Condemns Turkey's Attempts to Instigate Instability in Our Region
PM: Armenia’s Armed Forces Keep the Situation Under Full Control: no Provocative Action Goes Unanswered
OSCE MG Co-Chairs Condemn Ceasefire Violations
Statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh
Azerbaijani Side Fired Three Projectiles from a 120 mm Caliber Mortar in the Direction of Armenia's Chinar Settlement
Lives of 3 Armenian Soldiers, 2 Police Officers Wounded by Azerbaijani Shooting not Under Danger
Russian FM Calls Yerevan and Baku for Immediate Ceasefire
CSTO Special Session Postponed for Indefinite Period
Phone Conversation of Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan with Sergey Lavrov, the Foreign Minister of Russia
Russian MFA Expresses Concern Over Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Armenian Ombudsman’s Office Sends Interim Report on Tavush Shelling to International Structures
Toivo Klaar Expresses Concern on "Exchange of Fire on Armenia-Azerbaijan Border"
Minister of Healthcare: In Armenia 650 Patients in Serious or Critical Condition
Armenia Extends State of Emergency
Operative Situation on Artsakh and Azerbaijani Armed Forces' Line of Contact Was Mostly Calm at Night
Two Armenian Police Officers Slightly Injured in Azerbaijani Shooting
Wizz Air Abu Dhabi will Start Operating Flights on the Route Abu Dhabi –Yerevan- Abu Dhabi
The Armenian Armed Forces are not Firing on the Azerbaijani Settlements
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Anouch Toraninan Elected Head of 15th Arrondissement of Paris
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
The Authorities of the Republic of Artsakh Confirm Their Determination to Seek the Restoration of the Territorial Integrity of the Republic: Artsakh MFA
Armenian Woman is Elected Mayor of France’s Strasbourg
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan on the Session of Supreme Advisory Council Under the Turkish President's Office
Wind: 6 km/h