Trump Says He Might Keep Others from Listening in on Calls
President Donald Trump said Thursday that he might end the long-running practice of letting other administration officials listen in on presidential calls with foreign leaders, Associated Press reports.
“I may end the practice entirely,” Trump told Geraldo Rivera in a radio interview that aired Thursday. Records experts said that was a bad idea, for multiple reasons.
The president’s impeachment stemmed from his July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and White House staffers listened in the call.
As is standard practice in any administration, the staffers, working in the secure, soundproof Situation Room in the West Wing basement, chronicled the conversation. National Security Council personnel then prepared a memorandum about the call, which serves as an official record.
Robert O’Brien, Trump’s national security adviser, said the president can conduct whatever phone calls he wants without other people being on the line.
- The White House Reacted To The Resolution, Limiting President Trump’s War Fighting Abilities In Iran The White House slammed a House resolution passed Thursday that would limit President Trump’s war fighting abilities in Iran, calling it a "misguided" measure that would undermine presidential authority,...
- Zarif Slams Top Iranian Commander’s Murder as Act of International Terrorism The operation was carried out at the direction of US President Donald Trump, the statement said.
- Trump to meet with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov at White House The State Department had previously announced that Lavrov would travel to Washington this week for meetings with Pompeo to "discuss a broad range of regional and bilateral issues."
- Trump: The EU Is Treating the US Very Unfairly The situation over EU relations will become very difficult if the EU does not "shape up," said US President Donald Trump.
- Trump Nearly Forgot Melania by Getting into a Helicopter A video has emerged of the American president walking towards the helicopter himself, and just in the middle of the road stops to wait for his wife
The Sumgait Pogroms Marked the Beginning of the Karabakh Conflict: Armenia's MFA Statement
Stanislav Zas Affirms CSTO Position: There's no Alternative to Peaceful Settlement of Karabakh Conflict
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Bako Sahakyan Convened a Working Consultation to Discuss Activities Aimed at Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus in the Republic
France's Macron Says Coronavirus 'Epidemic Is on the Way'
Saudi Arabia Temporarily Bars Entry for Pilgrims as Coronavirus Fears Escalate
Maduro Asks Trump to Leave Venezuela Alone
Armenia's MFA Urges Country’s Citizens not to Visit 5 Countries Due to New Coronavirus Outbreak
Russia Interested in Pro-Russian Forces to Have Weighty Role in Armenia’s Domestic Political Life: Kopirkin
Denmark Confirms First Coronavirus Case in Man Returning From Holiday in Italy
Armenia Women's National Team will Have a Training Camp
"Law enforcement must meet our people’s legitimate expectations" - PM holds consultation on corruption
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Flow of Armenian Citizens Returns from Iran by Special Flight
Euro Zone Governments Should Use Budget Measures to Support Growth: Lagarde
Facebook to Ban Misleading Ads About Coronavirus
Bako Sahakyan Visited the Artsakh Republic Defense Ministry
Georgian Defense Minister Will Arrive in Armenia on Official Visit
Armenian Ambassador to Iran Urges not to Spread Panic Over Coronavirus Outbreak
Armenian, Cuban FMs Met in Geneva
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Nikol Pashinyan Made A Motion To Grant Armenian Citizenship To A 105-Year Old Italian-Armenian
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
ANCA Calls on US to Match Armenia and Azerbaijan Military Assistance
Wind: 5 km/h