Trump Says He Might Keep Others from Listening in on Calls
President Donald Trump said Thursday that he might end the long-running practice of letting other administration officials listen in on presidential calls with foreign leaders, Associated Press reports.
“I may end the practice entirely,” Trump told Geraldo Rivera in a radio interview that aired Thursday. Records experts said that was a bad idea, for multiple reasons.
The president’s impeachment stemmed from his July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and White House staffers listened in the call.
As is standard practice in any administration, the staffers, working in the secure, soundproof Situation Room in the West Wing basement, chronicled the conversation. National Security Council personnel then prepared a memorandum about the call, which serves as an official record.
Robert O’Brien, Trump’s national security adviser, said the president can conduct whatever phone calls he wants without other people being on the line.
- WSJ: Trump’s Popularity Ticks Up During Coronavirus Crisis Approval of Mr. Trump’s handling of the outbreak has risen by 8 percentage points in weekly Economist/YouGov surveys over the course of March, standing at 49% in a poll that ended Tuesday, with 44% disapproving.
- Trump Cancels G7 at Camp David over Coronavirus The G7 is made up of the United States, Italy, Japan, Canada, France, Germany, Britain as well as the European Union.
- U.S. Suspending Visa Services Worldwide due to Coronavirus The State Department spokeswoman said U.S. missions abroad will continue to provide emergency visa services “as resources allow,” and that the services to U.S. citizens will remain available.
- The White House Reacted To The Resolution, Limiting President Trump’s War Fighting Abilities In Iran The White House slammed a House resolution passed Thursday that would limit President Trump’s war fighting abilities in Iran, calling it a "misguided" measure that would undermine presidential authority,...
- Zarif Slams Top Iranian Commander’s Murder as Act of International Terrorism The operation was carried out at the direction of US President Donald Trump, the statement said.
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Offers Condolences on Passing of Krzysztof Penderetsky
5 Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
The passing of Patrick Devedjyan is an Irreparable Loss for Armenian-French Friendship: Nikol Pashinyan
Former French Minister of Armenian Decent Patrick Devedjian Dies of Coronavirus: AFP
North Korea Launches Two Short-Range Ballistic Missiles
Number of Coronavirus Cases in Armenia Reach 424
Two People die From Coronavirus in Armenia, Making Total Number of Deaths 3
Sunday of Advent
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Mikhail Mishustin
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on Restrictions Enforced within the Framework of Prevention of Novel Coronavirus
Armenian Health Minister Says Lockdown May be Extended
Bako Sahakyan Visited the Artsakh Republic Police and Convened a Working Consultation There
Armenian President Holds Phone Talk with Lord Ara Darzi and Academician Aramayis Kamalov
Roads are Mainly Open in the Republic of Armenia
OSCE Media Representative Welcomes Armenia’s Swift Reaction in Addressing His Concerns
Armenia Reports 372 Coronavirus Cases
Commemoration of St. Gregory the Illuminator’s Torments and Commitment to the Pit
ANCA Welcomes First Round of US Funding to Help Armenia Respond to COVID-19 Crisis
Temporary Suspension of Visa Free Entry between Armenia and China Has Been Prolonged until May 31
South Korean Government Gave Kia Car to Armenia's Police as a Present
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Daughter of Emir of Kuwait Told about Her Armenian Grandmother, who Survived the Armenian Genocide
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Wind: 3 km/h