Trump Says He Might Keep Others from Listening in on Calls
President Donald Trump said Thursday that he might end the long-running practice of letting other administration officials listen in on presidential calls with foreign leaders, Associated Press reports.
“I may end the practice entirely,” Trump told Geraldo Rivera in a radio interview that aired Thursday. Records experts said that was a bad idea, for multiple reasons.
The president’s impeachment stemmed from his July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and White House staffers listened in the call.
As is standard practice in any administration, the staffers, working in the secure, soundproof Situation Room in the West Wing basement, chronicled the conversation. National Security Council personnel then prepared a memorandum about the call, which serves as an official record.
Robert O’Brien, Trump’s national security adviser, said the president can conduct whatever phone calls he wants without other people being on the line.
- WSJ: Trump’s Popularity Ticks Up During Coronavirus Crisis Approval of Mr. Trump’s handling of the outbreak has risen by 8 percentage points in weekly Economist/YouGov surveys over the course of March, standing at 49% in a poll that ended Tuesday, with 44% disapproving.
- Trump Cancels G7 at Camp David over Coronavirus The G7 is made up of the United States, Italy, Japan, Canada, France, Germany, Britain as well as the European Union.
- U.S. Suspending Visa Services Worldwide due to Coronavirus The State Department spokeswoman said U.S. missions abroad will continue to provide emergency visa services “as resources allow,” and that the services to U.S. citizens will remain available.
- The White House Reacted To The Resolution, Limiting President Trump’s War Fighting Abilities In Iran The White House slammed a House resolution passed Thursday that would limit President Trump’s war fighting abilities in Iran, calling it a "misguided" measure that would undermine presidential authority,...
- Zarif Slams Top Iranian Commander’s Murder as Act of International Terrorism The operation was carried out at the direction of US President Donald Trump, the statement said.
Taliban Ready to Begin Cease-Fires in Virus-Hit Afghan Areas: AP
April is Always Followed by May...
OSCE PA Annual Vancouver Session Canceled Because of COVID-19 - OSCE PA
Armenia Records 663 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President Armen Sarkissian Spoke on the Phone with the Renowned Scientist Joseph Babikian
The Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the Presidential and Parliamentary Elections held in Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) on March 31
Putin, Erdogan Discuss Cooperation in Returning Russians Home from Turkey: TASS
89-Year-Old Coronavirus-Infected Citizen Dies in Armenia
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the National Elections Held in the Republic
Trump Acknowledged Downplaying the Coronavirus Threat: The Business Insider
Saudi Arabia Asks Muslims to Delay Hajj Bookings: BBC
Armenia's Security Council Secretary Held a Telephone Conversation with CSTO Secretary-General Stanislav Zas
President of Artsakh Receives Delegation of Armenia’s Television and Radio Commission
Preliminary Results of the Artsakh General Elections Have Been Announced
Trump Says Ready to Help end Saudi-Russian Oil-Price War
Gazprom Armenia Plans to Increase Natural Gas Price for Consumers
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Armenia’s Assyrian Community on Assyrian New Year
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia President Signs Controversial Package of Laws
TASS: Eurovision to Hold Special Concert Instead of Contest Cancelled due to Pandemic
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Daughter of Emir of Kuwait Told about Her Armenian Grandmother, who Survived the Armenian Genocide
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Wind: 8 km/h