Kosovo Lawmakers Dismissed The Government
Kosovo lawmakers dismissed the government of Prime Minister Albin Kurti in a no-confidence vote triggering a political crisis as the Balkan country is trying to stop the spread of the coronavirus, France24 reports.
With 82 votes against it in the 120-seat parliament, the Cabinet did not survive the vote initiated by coalition partner the Democratic League of Kosovo (LDK), less than two months since the government took power.
The country cannot hold snap elections because of the spread of the respiratory disease.
The government was dismissed after a dispute over whether to declare a state of emergency to combat the coronavirus when the LDK filed a motion for a no-confidence vote after Kurti sacked LDK member Agim Veliu as interior minister.
Veliu had supported calls by Kosovo's president for a state of emergency to be declared to combat the coronavirus. Kurti said such a drastic move was not justified.
- Abkhazia's Opposition Candidate Bzhania Leading Presidential Election with 56.5% of Votes With the voting turnout exceeding 71%, far above the 50% threshold, the election is recognized as valid. According to the legislation, the presidential candidate that received more than half of the votes,...
- Leaders Of Kosovo And Serbia Hold A Meeting At The White House Kosovar President Hashim Thaci says he has met with his Serbian counterpart, Aleksandar Vucic, at the While House to discuss ways to reach a "final agreement" between the two Balkan countries, RFE/RL reports
- Two Cyprus Leaders Met in Berlin to Discuss Cypriot Issue President Nicos Anastasiades said on Monday that despite difficulties a "positive first step was made", following the dinner of the UN Secretary-General and the two Cyprus leaders, in Berlin, In-cyprus...
- Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh Kosovo threatens to unite with Albania if the EU continues the isolation policy of the latter. Kosovo’s President Hashim Thaçi made such a statement, referring to the "lingering process" for the EU...
- Magnifier: Direct Dialogue In Serbia-Kosovo Talks “Magnifier” deals with Serbia-Kosovo talks process and the importance of a direct dialogue in conflict settlement.
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Offers Condolences on Passing of Krzysztof Penderetsky
5 Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
The passing of Patrick Devedjyan is an Irreparable Loss for Armenian-French Friendship: Nikol Pashinyan
Former French Minister of Armenian Decent Patrick Devedjian Dies of Coronavirus: AFP
North Korea Launches Two Short-Range Ballistic Missiles
Number of Coronavirus Cases in Armenia Reach 424
Two People die From Coronavirus in Armenia, Making Total Number of Deaths 3
Sunday of Advent
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Mikhail Mishustin
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on Restrictions Enforced within the Framework of Prevention of Novel Coronavirus
Armenian Health Minister Says Lockdown May be Extended
Bako Sahakyan Visited the Artsakh Republic Police and Convened a Working Consultation There
Armenian President Holds Phone Talk with Lord Ara Darzi and Academician Aramayis Kamalov
Roads are Mainly Open in the Republic of Armenia
OSCE Media Representative Welcomes Armenia’s Swift Reaction in Addressing His Concerns
Armenia Reports 372 Coronavirus Cases
Commemoration of St. Gregory the Illuminator’s Torments and Commitment to the Pit
ANCA Welcomes First Round of US Funding to Help Armenia Respond to COVID-19 Crisis
Temporary Suspension of Visa Free Entry between Armenia and China Has Been Prolonged until May 31
South Korean Government Gave Kia Car to Armenia's Police as a Present
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Daughter of Emir of Kuwait Told about Her Armenian Grandmother, who Survived the Armenian Genocide
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Wind: 3 km/h