Kosovo Lawmakers Dismissed The Government
Kosovo lawmakers dismissed the government of Prime Minister Albin Kurti in a no-confidence vote triggering a political crisis as the Balkan country is trying to stop the spread of the coronavirus, France24 reports.
With 82 votes against it in the 120-seat parliament, the Cabinet did not survive the vote initiated by coalition partner the Democratic League of Kosovo (LDK), less than two months since the government took power.
The country cannot hold snap elections because of the spread of the respiratory disease.
The government was dismissed after a dispute over whether to declare a state of emergency to combat the coronavirus when the LDK filed a motion for a no-confidence vote after Kurti sacked LDK member Agim Veliu as interior minister.
Veliu had supported calls by Kosovo's president for a state of emergency to be declared to combat the coronavirus. Kurti said such a drastic move was not justified.
- Abkhazia's Opposition Candidate Bzhania Leading Presidential Election with 56.5% of Votes With the voting turnout exceeding 71%, far above the 50% threshold, the election is recognized as valid. According to the legislation, the presidential candidate that received more than half of the votes,...
- Leaders Of Kosovo And Serbia Hold A Meeting At The White House Kosovar President Hashim Thaci says he has met with his Serbian counterpart, Aleksandar Vucic, at the While House to discuss ways to reach a "final agreement" between the two Balkan countries, RFE/RL reports
- Two Cyprus Leaders Met in Berlin to Discuss Cypriot Issue President Nicos Anastasiades said on Monday that despite difficulties a "positive first step was made", following the dinner of the UN Secretary-General and the two Cyprus leaders, in Berlin, In-cyprus...
- Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh Kosovo threatens to unite with Albania if the EU continues the isolation policy of the latter. Kosovo’s President Hashim Thaçi made such a statement, referring to the "lingering process" for the EU...
- Magnifier: Direct Dialogue In Serbia-Kosovo Talks “Magnifier” deals with Serbia-Kosovo talks process and the importance of a direct dialogue in conflict settlement.
Rome Colosseum to Open after 3-month Coronavirus Shutdown
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Roads are Mainly Open in the Republic of Armenia
Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan had a Private Meeting with Republic of Armenia Prime-Minister Nikol Pashinyan
PM Pays Tribute to Heroes of Sardarapat Battle
EU Stands by Armenia as Close and Reliable Partner in these Challenging Times
Armen Sarkissian: The Historic Significance of the First Republic is Invaluable
Armenia Records 8216 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
The Republic of Armenia Must Exist on the Planet Earth Forever: Nikol Pashinyan
We will face again the same threat if we do not take lessons from history - Serj Sargsyan
Artsakh President: The Philosophy of All Our Victories from Avarayr to Sardarapat and Shoushi is to be United and Consolidated, Strong and Steadfast
We Have Said Very Clearly – We will not Tolerate Any Threat or Use of Force: FM Mnatsakanyan
ECHR Ruling Should Become Basis to Eradicate Hatred Against Armenians in Azerbaijan: Artsakh MFA
May 28: the Day of Armenian First Republic
Cyprus Pledges to Cover Costs for Virus-Hit Tourists
Queen Allows Boris Johnson to Exercise in Buckingham Palace Grounds
Trump Threatens to Close down Social Media Platforms after Twitter Posts Warning under His Tweet
Restaurants, Shopping Malls, Public Transport Reopening in Georgia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
California Governor Denies Sassounian Parole
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
The "Koltso" operation of deportation of Armenian villages of Artsakh
Armenian Values and Upbringing Always Helped Me: Paul Ignatius, Former US Navy Minister
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
David Tukhmanov, Armenian, Author of the Best Victory Day Song
How Can the Armenian Genocide Be Forgotten? Russian TV Journalist to Ukrainian Politician
Azerbaijan Informed neither Armenia, nor International Organizations about the Military Exercises: RA Defense Ministry Spokesperson
Armenia’s MFA Should Explain why It’s Partners which Have Always Taken a Neutral Position on the Armenian Genocide Issue, Now Take Pro-Turkish Stance
Wind: 7 km/h