Kosovo Lawmakers Dismissed The Government
Kosovo lawmakers dismissed the government of Prime Minister Albin Kurti in a no-confidence vote triggering a political crisis as the Balkan country is trying to stop the spread of the coronavirus, France24 reports.
With 82 votes against it in the 120-seat parliament, the Cabinet did not survive the vote initiated by coalition partner the Democratic League of Kosovo (LDK), less than two months since the government took power.
The country cannot hold snap elections because of the spread of the respiratory disease.
The government was dismissed after a dispute over whether to declare a state of emergency to combat the coronavirus when the LDK filed a motion for a no-confidence vote after Kurti sacked LDK member Agim Veliu as interior minister.
Veliu had supported calls by Kosovo's president for a state of emergency to be declared to combat the coronavirus. Kurti said such a drastic move was not justified.
- Abkhazia's Opposition Candidate Bzhania Leading Presidential Election with 56.5% of Votes With the voting turnout exceeding 71%, far above the 50% threshold, the election is recognized as valid. According to the legislation, the presidential candidate that received more than half of the votes,...
- Leaders Of Kosovo And Serbia Hold A Meeting At The White House Kosovar President Hashim Thaci says he has met with his Serbian counterpart, Aleksandar Vucic, at the While House to discuss ways to reach a "final agreement" between the two Balkan countries, RFE/RL reports
- Two Cyprus Leaders Met in Berlin to Discuss Cypriot Issue President Nicos Anastasiades said on Monday that despite difficulties a "positive first step was made", following the dinner of the UN Secretary-General and the two Cyprus leaders, in Berlin, In-cyprus...
- Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh Kosovo threatens to unite with Albania if the EU continues the isolation policy of the latter. Kosovo’s President Hashim Thaçi made such a statement, referring to the "lingering process" for the EU...
- Magnifier: Direct Dialogue In Serbia-Kosovo Talks “Magnifier” deals with Serbia-Kosovo talks process and the importance of a direct dialogue in conflict settlement.
Russia not Welcome at G7: Trudeau
Putin and Trump Discussed G7 Summit, Oil Markets in Call
Georgia Won't Open Borders for Armenian Tourists
Georgia’s PM Congratulates Prime Minister Pashinyan on Birthday
Armenian Armed Forces Only Respond to Provocations by the Adversary - Defense Ministry
Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan Received Samvel Babayan
President Armen Sarkissian Congratulated Nikol Pashinian on the Occasion of His Birth Anniversary
President of Artsakh Receives Delegation of Electric Networks of Armenia CJSC
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia: SRC Carries out Strengthened Control over Export of Certain Agricultural and Medical Goods
Pashinyan and Putin Discuss Coronavirus Situation Over Phone
Artsakh President Appointed Ministers
Mikhail Mishustin Sends Birthday Greetings to Nikol Pashinyan
Ombudsman Tatoyan Offers Congratulations on Children’s Day
Armenia Central Bank, Alliance for Financial Inclusion Organize Experts Group on Financial Inclusion Policy Meeting
Armenian PM and his Family Test Positive for Novel Coronavirus
Vladimir Putin Sends Birthday Greetings to Nikol Pashinyan
Armenian Parliament Approves Bill on Creating New Patrol Service at First Hearing
President of Artsakh Congratulates Armenia’s PM on Birthday
President of Artsakh Addresses Congratulatory Message on Children’s Day
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Armenian Values and Upbringing Always Helped Me: Paul Ignatius, Former US Navy Minister
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
David Tukhmanov, Armenian, Author of the Best Victory Day Song
Trilateral Ceasefire Agreement Signed Between NKR, Armenia and Azerbaijan: 26 Years Have Passed
Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country
The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky
Azerbaijan Informed neither Armenia, nor International Organizations about the Military Exercises: RA Defense Ministry Spokesperson
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Wind: 9 km/h