Two Cyprus Leaders Met in Berlin to Discuss Cypriot Issue
President Nicos Anastasiades said on Monday that despite difficulties a "positive first step was made", following the dinner of the UN Secretary-General and the two Cyprus leaders, in Berlin, In-cyprus reports.
Speaking to journalists after the informal meeting, the President referred to a creative effort for deliberations on Monday, on behalf of the negotiators and the UN special envoy Jane Holl Lute.
This, he said, led to a consensus, both with the Secretary-General as well as between the two leaders, with the President pointing to the elements that are included in the statement issued by the UN after the dinner.
Despite the well-known difficulties, the result of today’s meeting is considered a very positive first step in the effort to resume the dialogue, Nicos Anastasiades noted.
United Nations chief Antonio Guterres on Monday evening hosted a dinner attended by Greek Cypriot leader Nicos Anastasiades and his Turkish Cypriot counterpart, Mustafa Akinci, in an attempt to outline the next steps towards a potential resumption of formal talks between the two sides.
- The President of Kosovo, Hashim Thaci, Resigned The president of Kosovo, Hashim Thaci, resigned Thursday to face war crimes charges at a special court in the Hague, DW reports.
- Kosovo Lawmakers Dismissed The Government Kosovo lawmakers dismissed the government of Prime Minister Albin Kurti in a no-confidence vote triggering a political crisis as the Balkan country is trying to stop the spread of the coronavirus, France24...
- Abkhazia's Opposition Candidate Bzhania Leading Presidential Election with 56.5% of Votes With the voting turnout exceeding 71%, far above the 50% threshold, the election is recognized as valid. According to the legislation, the presidential candidate that received more than half of the votes,...
- Leaders Of Kosovo And Serbia Hold A Meeting At The White House Kosovar President Hashim Thaci says he has met with his Serbian counterpart, Aleksandar Vucic, at the While House to discuss ways to reach a "final agreement" between the two Balkan countries, RFE/RL reports
- Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh Kosovo threatens to unite with Albania if the EU continues the isolation policy of the latter. Kosovo’s President Hashim Thaçi made such a statement, referring to the "lingering process" for the EU...
- Turkey Says Greek Jets Harassed Turkish F-16s, Second Time In 3 Days Turkey summoned the Greek military attache and filed a complaint with NATO after Greek fighter jets allegedly harassed Turkish fighter jets that were conducting an important mission for the military alliance,...
- It is time for Greece to finally sanction Aliyev: Greek media Noting that the meeting took place in a very frank atmosphere, Tatar emphasised that assessments were made on the development of mutual relations between the two countries.
- Erdogan Should Deal With the Turkish Economy Rather than Reviving Neo-Ottoman Fantasies- Greek Prime Minister The Greek PM also spoke of great challenges from Turkey’s leadership, which would be better off focusing on its country’s economy.
- NATO Signals Turkey-Greece Breakthrough, Athens Denies Deal "I remain in close touch with all concerned Allies to find a solution to the tensions in the spirit of NATO solidarity," he said in a statement posted on Twitter.
- Should We Expect Toughened Stance of Presidential Candidates on Cyprus Issue? The interesting point is that at this stage the two main candidates will struggle to win the support of the Nicos Anastasiades, who came third in the first round of election, to be able to win in the second...
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 1.54 km/h