Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy
Brent crude for January delivery, a contract that expires on Monday, dropped 90 cents, or 1.9%, to $47.28 a barrel by 0944 GMT. The more actively traded February Brent contract was down 89 cents at $47.36, Reuters reports.
U.S. West Texas Intermediate crude for January fell 70 cents, or 1.5%, to $44.83 a barrel.
"Last week’s optimism is taking a hit this morning and longs are edging towards the exit ahead of the OPEC+ talks," said oil broker PVM’s Tamas Varga, after OPEC+ failed to agree on policy in informal talks ahead of Monday and Tuesday’s formal meetings.
"Some member countries will be hard to convince about further output discipline and in case of an unexpected fallout not only the price repercussions will hurt producers, but the general existence of the OPEC alliance will be questioned."
Members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, Russia and others, a group known as OPEC+, will consider extending existing cuts for three to four months or increasing output gradually from January, OPEC+ sources said.
OPEC+ had been due to ease its existing production cuts by 2 million barrels per day (bpd) from January.
- Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases...
- China's Economy Will Grow 2% This Year and 7.9% in 2021 "A premature policy exit and excessive tightening could derail the recovery," the World Bank said in its latest economic update on China, released Wednesday. It predicts the world’s second-largest economy...
- World Oil Prices Dropping And the Brent oil futures for February supplies fell by 2.97 percent to $50.71 a barrel.
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
- Armenia to Get €10.6mn Loan from EBRD The area of this checkpoint is expected to increase from the current 6.5 hectares to 8.6 hectares, its service capacity will increase from the current 300 vehicles to 900 vehicles per day, its construction...
Russian and Armenian FMs Discuss Implementation of Karabakh Deals
PM Receives Iran’s Foreign Minister
"Armenia’s Territorial Integrity is Our Red Line" – Iranian FM Says in Yerevan
No Incidents Recorded at Armenian-Azerbaijani LoC, Says Defense Ministry
Nikol Pashinyan: “From this February 1, Our Citizens Can Travel to Russia”
Putin, Biden Hold First Phone Call at Moscow’s Initiative: Kremlin
Ararat Mirzoyan Meets with Russian Ambassador
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Outcome of Azeri Aggression Can’t Create Grounds for Lasting Peace: Ara Aivazian
Armenia Records 166427 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenia, Iran FMs' Private Conversation Kicks Off
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
Vladimir Putin Had a Telephone Conversation with Joseph Biden
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif Arrived in Armenia
Opposition Prosperous Armenia Party Leader Meets with Russia Ambassador
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Sent Letters to the UN Secretary General and UNESCO Director-General
Armenia PM Appoints First Deputy Health Minister
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to India’s Prime Minister
Italian PM Conte to Resign Following Pandemic Criticism
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Biden Administration to Have Another American Armenian Official
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 3 km/h