Moldova Can Meet a New Crisis
The government of
The cause of the dissolution of the government is the retirement of the Prime Minister Kiril Gaburici on June 12. Before that Gaburici had announced about his intention to resign because of the high level of corruption in the country. For about 1 bilion euro was taken away from the banking system of
After that on June 12 Gaburici announced: "Yesterday, I was summoned to the Prosecutor General's Office with regard to the education documents' case. You know this happened following my statements that certain officials need to resign. I am officially announcing my resignation", Sputniknews reports.
His resignation was a surprise for the other members of coalition. Now new negotiations on forming a government has started. The government of Gaburici was formed by the coalition "For European Moldova" from the Liberal-democratic and Democratic parties with the support of Communist party. Socialists and Liberals voted against it.
According to the members of Democratic party, now the coalition is negotiating with Liberal party.
The scandal with 1 billion euros brought not only protest of the Prime Minister but also of the society. Thousands of people took the streets demanding to give up corruption and follow the European aspirations of the country. Not only pro-Europeans but also pro-Russians were protesting. The government with European aspiration, in fact, does steps that can put the European future of the country at risk.
At the same time, for about a half of the society in
At the same time the EU can no longer close its eyes on this situation and continue to encourage
Other materials on this subject
- Moldova's Fledgling Government Brought Down by no Confidence Vote Parties now have 90 days to try to form a new government. If they fail to do so, another parliamentary election would be called.
- Political Crisis in Moldova: Will There Be an End to the Dual Power? In Moldova, the dual power established since Saturday continues, President Igor Dodon has summoned a Security Council session. He has canceled the decree on dissolving the parliament.
- Moldova Court Relieves Dodon of Duty as President Dodon is a former chief of the Socialist party and backed the formation of the new government.
- Moldova Court Suspends President Dodon The court reportedly relieved Dodon of his duties because he failed to approve any candidate put forward by the prime minister to appoint two subordinate ministers.
- The Constitutional Court Suspended Moldovan President's power: What Does It Mean? For the first time the part of Dodon’s power was taken away in October. Then he twice rejected the candidacy of Eugen Sturza, proposed for the post of Minister of Defense.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 1.54 km/h